Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood If Twain were alive today, he would guffaw despite his benevolent befuddlement.

Pages: 1 ... 869 870 [871] 872 873 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1342925 times)

0 Members and 196 Guests are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13050 on: May 31, 2013, 10:44:40 pm »

Today I'm gonna get my master's from A-CAP. Eat shit!
No one said it could be done
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13051 on: June 01, 2013, 04:34:06 am »

Is A-Cap a filter for A-CAP?

Edit: Yep!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13052 on: June 01, 2013, 08:07:42 pm »

Biked around East St Louis. Someone waved us over to ask if we were lost. It is pretty bad over there.

And, once again, I remember why I don't like doing physical activity with friends. Being the guy who everyone keeps having to slow down and wait for is not fun.
also, since these guys are in better shape than me, they are also much more assertive bikers. Climbing a long hill is bad enough when I'm not on a one-lane (in each direction) bridge with cars.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13053 on: June 01, 2013, 08:10:28 pm »

Saturday is Rugby day.. Crushed the Manhattan tourney- Another day Another ring - Another olympic trial. Another day
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 10:31:28 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13054 on: June 01, 2013, 08:30:18 pm »

My friend just posted a link to a PDF of the student magazine at my alma mater (and Aug's) in 1969. This was the year students burned down the ROTC building and attempted to stage a rent strike in their dorms. Man, that school has changed.

Also constant discussion of "the quad." August, when you were at WashU, is that where kids hung out? I think I sat on the grass there once in the four years I was there. I guess there are always people sitting around there, but it didn't strike me as important to student life in any way. Maybe the quad was their Facebook.

Were dogs a thing when you were there? I know from a friend's dad that that was a Thing at least through the early 70s. You would bring your cute dog to the quad to pick up girls.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13055 on: June 02, 2013, 12:20:57 am »

My friend just posted a link to a PDF of the student magazine at my alma mater (and Aug's) in 1969. This was the year students burned down the ROTC building and attempted to stage a rent strike in their dorms. Man, that school has changed.

Also constant discussion of "the quad." August, when you were at WashU, is that where kids hung out? I think I sat on the grass there once in the four years I was there. I guess there are always people sitting around there, but it didn't strike me as important to student life in any way. Maybe the quad was their Facebook.

Were dogs a thing when you were there? I know from a friend's dad that that was a Thing at least through the early 70s. You would bring your cute dog to the quad to pick up girls.

Yeah, we hung around at the quad some.  Like on the steps in front of Holmes Lounge or around the stage in front of the building I can't remember the name of anymore.

I worked at the Rat/Gargoyle so I spent a lot of time there on that end of campus.  Later, a lot of time around KWUR.  Also a fair amount of time (but probably not nearly enough) around the library.

My friend Robin had a campus dog -- a big golden retriever with a bandana.  Her dad was a big shot math professor who wrote the calculus book we used and lived in a big house right across from Mallinckrodt.  She also got me the job delivering pizzas in Clayton where I met Mrs. West.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13056 on: June 02, 2013, 07:47:34 pm »

...play in a taiko concert. I thought my folk festival days were long behind me.

(Actually that was yesterday, I swore I posted then but apparently not.)
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13057 on: June 03, 2013, 04:52:24 pm »

I picked up a pair of these this winter, and while they are pretty good sunglasses in general, the soft stems make them impossible to put on if you are wearing a balaclava under a helmet, so if you remove them because they fog up and then want them back on and it is -20degrees and windy you're fucked. They do look wicked steampunk cool with the perepheral vision blockers on though, and they filter out all the types of light that cause snow-blindness. Also they stay on on upside-down roller coasters. Too dark for poker games.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13058 on: June 03, 2013, 06:14:36 pm »

Wait, we were still talking about sunglasses right?


dude...
Logged
[expletive deleted]

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13059 on: June 03, 2013, 08:37:17 pm »

Spent a good part of yesterday 'hanging' around here with the youngest boy. I bet Doomie could have showed us some moves but when I climbed a true V1 I was happy.

Sick! V1 is pretty hard! I don't boulder too much, I probably wouldn't be able to show you too many moves. Maybe heel hooking or toe-pulling, but nothing too fancy.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13060 on: June 04, 2013, 01:02:23 am »

...see my first and hopefully last 3D movie.  3d and Imax which I guess is even worse. It was the Star Trek movie. Lots of stuff crashing and blowing up. I don't understand why this sort of sensory overload is supposed to be pleasurable. Also maybe it was a bad idea to agree to this when I've been having tinnitus lately, even though I did wear earplugs.

The movie itself wouldn't have been too bad if it had been 45 minutes shorter and I'd been watching it at home on my TV.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13061 on: June 04, 2013, 03:33:54 am »

The movie itself wouldn't have been too bad if it had been 45 minutes shorter

Christ, this is true of like at least 75% of the movies I've seen in the last 20 years.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13062 on: June 04, 2013, 01:01:51 pm »

Christ, this is true of like at least 75% of the movies I've seen in the last 20 years.

More like 90% if you ask me.

And it's not like it would be hard to edit any of them down. It's not because there's too much plot they're trying to cram in or anything. It's that every single scene goes on for slightly longer than it needs to to make its point and it all adds up to a whole lot of extra nothing.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13063 on: June 04, 2013, 04:36:01 pm »

The institution of the feature length film is oppressive. I only have the attention span for five minute shorts at best. I can sometimes last through the shorter adult swim shows, if the commercials are cut out.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13064 on: June 04, 2013, 04:46:05 pm »

TIG art based on this week's episode of mad men

Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 869 870 [871] 872 873 ... 878   Go Up