Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
The tip jar is broken, but Wombat will entertain bribe offers, assuming she can find this edit screen again.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1346498 times)

0 Members and 184 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2007, 10:01:38 pm »

I "have" the library of congress record. the issue is that I am reading, and the talking keeps distracting me.

I have very distinct memories of listening to it all the way through for the first time as we were driving into St Louis for the first time.

OK, see, the "straight" thing was a joke. because someone made a joke about being the "straight man." It was an attempt at a pun.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2007, 10:25:44 pm »

It is probably not a good idea to listen to Woody Guthrie when you read.  I just thought about this.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2007, 10:31:03 pm »

Today I ran some stuff to Kohl's for the SO, bought my mom an Ove Glove that she desperately needed because her existing pot holders are at least 30 years old and worn through, and took grandma to Five Guys. It's nice that even though they're franchising now the quality still seems to be the same. I especially like how they all say "thank you" together when you put money in the tip jar.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2007, 01:59:13 am »

I dislike rum because rum hurts me. Way to sweet, sickly even.
Glenfidditch has always been enough to tuck me in and be my breakfast.

Today I'm gonna read transmetropolitan to try and recover from of mice and men. That shit is harsh.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 02:33:56 am by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2007, 02:28:56 am »

I "have" the library of congress record. the issue is that I am reading, and the talking keeps distracting me.

I have very distinct memories of listening to it all the way through for the first time as we were driving into St Louis for the first time.

OK, see, the "straight" thing was a joke. because someone made a joke about being the "straight man." It was an attempt at a pun.

Sorry, I should have seen that from a mile away.

Then I discovered the Cuba Libre.  The lime is essential. 

Hells yes. Another tiny can for liking one of my favorite drinks. Mojitos...margaritas...Cuba Libre...Fresh lime is delicious.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2007, 02:34:35 am »

Lime pretty much goes in anything that should be mixed. I guess my rule is, if you don't drink it straight, you should probably have lime with it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2007, 03:35:50 am »

Lime pretty much goes in anything that should be mixed. I guess my rule is, if you don't drink it straight, you should probably have lime with it.

Tiny can for the lime supremacy.

TODAY: I am going to have a scotch and soda and chill the hell out. I had that interview today that was way the fuck up in north Denver. Fuck, my left lats (latissimus dorsi and related muscle groups) hurt like hell. I've been driving a 1977 Nissan/Datsun 280Z. The seat leans way back and it's a totally unnatural action to clutch the damn thing. I need a heat pack for it. Ouch.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2007, 03:39:29 am »

Sweet ride.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2007, 04:00:00 am »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2007, 07:28:18 am »

Lime pretty much goes in anything that should be mixed. I guess my rule is, if you don't drink it straight, you should probably have lime with it.

Limes
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2007, 02:27:11 pm »

I, for one, don't understand why you don't have a link in every post, Paul. You obviously have a photo for every post.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2007, 04:17:21 pm »

Today is the second day of the San Jose Grand Prix.  I played hooky yesterday to attend day 1.  I'll get some photos up ono Flickr this evening.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2007, 05:03:29 pm »

Man, could I ever go for a mojito right now.  Lime + sugar + mint = DELICIOUS

Recipe Link

Is there a way to make one without booze?  Maybe just add extra club soda? 

You can also make them with Sprite instead of club soda if you leave out the sugar.  Not ideal, but it will work in a pinch. 

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2007, 05:39:35 pm »

Yeah, basically a bubbly limeade with the mint mushed up in it is also a pretty good drink.  It's better if you don't compare it directly to a mojito, but it's pretty good.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2007, 06:42:24 pm »

Today I'm gonna protect my SO from a shady business deal and hopefully sell my car.

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 878   Go Up