Hobo Soup is a real soup.
Only if if contains 10% real hobos.
Today I'm gonna reflect on my career over the past few years and cry.
Surprise of surprises, it has been a year with the Post Office, which is a year too long at this point. And five years in Hawaii, which has been about two years too long too.
I applied for a Federal job in Ohio with HHS office of Medicare Appeals. There are many advantages.
It pays more than I make here even with the 25% federal tax-free cost of living added to my check.
Milk on sale here is now $5 per gallon and my girls drink about a gallon a day.
If I get the new job, the likelihood of spending (as I just did) two weeks working 14 hour days 6 days straight won't exist.
My parents are getting pretty old, my grandma's almost 100 and my wife's mom is almost as old as mine, and they are all in Ohio
We could buy a nice house with a yard. Here a shitty house with a tiny yard is $500,000. The MEDIAN housing price on Oahu is over $650,000. People spend $1,000,000 for a tear down in parts of the town where I live.
I could actually get NEWS and watch SPORTS in real time or even go to Sporting events.
The taxation, governance, police, economy, everything would be LOGICAL and not built to FAIL
And, I would no longer be a Postal Supervisor which is huge. This organization is interesting and the mission is great and I've learned a lot, but the pressure from above to to more with less and the issues I've run into with the whole labor/management have just pointed out to me that I don't really want to fit into it.
Thanks for listening!