Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Irish Nachos are a charming take on the original, but I wonder what Uighur Nachos would be like. A mutton leg on a crisped pita?

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349304 times)

0 Members and 182 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #150 on: August 07, 2007, 02:56:40 am »

Y'know what my problem is? I'm too retarded to do something like that. All the tabbing between pages and ctrl-c/ctrl-v is just too much work for my lazy ass. And then I lose all my work. Great work, Somebody nice.

Anyway, I'm gonna listen to some pre-Jehovah's Witnesses PRINCE. Heh. Nothing like hearing from the man who pioneered the freak-nasty genre. I guess that several years ago he stopped swearing and stopped getting graphic in his songs due to Religion, but I love listening to shit like "Do Me Baby", "18 and Over", "Gett Off", or "Cream".

Does anyone else feel weird watching flamboyant Scientologists in films? Maybe its because of all things ive found about scientology, but I cant watch tom cruise or john travolta the same ever again.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #151 on: August 07, 2007, 03:59:17 am »

Does anyone else feel weird watching flamboyant Scientologists in films? Maybe its because of all things ive found about scientology, but I cant watch tom cruise or john travolta the same ever again.

I don't know much about Scientology, but I have to snicker every time I see one of those douchebags. I saw photos of Travolta playing tonsil hockey with another dude and I just can't look at him the same after that, what with all his married-man posturing and whatnot.

Prince was raised something like Seventh-Day Adventist, but he managed to shake that and write some of the dirtiest songs ever. If memory serves me right, his mom converted to Jehovah's Witnesses and exacted a promise from Prince on her deathbed that he would be one, too. You can tell that although he's tried to put a muzzle on it, he can't stay away. Even though he curses no longer, I still love the man. Amazing musician even if he is a little crazy.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #152 on: August 07, 2007, 04:02:46 am »

I know that this is just a Teenage Thing, but I kind of want to dedicate my life to eradicating Scientology.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #153 on: August 07, 2007, 04:04:41 am »

Why hate on the scientologist?  It's not any crazier than any other religious myth.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #154 on: August 07, 2007, 06:35:11 am »

After reading about Lisa McPherson, it certainly is scarier than some.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #155 on: August 07, 2007, 07:53:54 am »

Oh, yes... Lisa McPherson.  So scary.  But really, there are woodcuts from the crusades that are just as scary.  It's only because of those horrible photos that the story of a single women being destroyed by Scientology is so horrifying.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #156 on: August 07, 2007, 12:13:06 pm »

Today I'm gonna... try not to go outside and die of heatstroke. The heat index is predicted to be 105. Also, try not to have a nervous breakdown waiting for email from my agent.

I guess that amounts to spending the day surfing the web if I don't get my act together and make a more productive plan.

The Technical Staff keeps muttering about finding a job in Seattle. He says it never gets hot or cold there. I have no idea if he is serious. And I am not sure that at my age I want to start over in a place that isn't even near a place where I know anyone.  But damn, a place where it never gets hot or cold sounds like Heaven right now.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #157 on: August 07, 2007, 12:46:43 pm »

Today I too will not go anywhere that doesnt have an air conditioner (id like to go to a place with an air shampooer). And I will try to figure out what the hell im doing with myself this time a year from now when I have a diploma. This means Im looking at housing prices in New Hampshire and jobs that hire over-educated under-experienced economics grads.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #158 on: August 07, 2007, 02:42:30 pm »

today I have 2 doctors appointments, and I am hopefully going to see a movie with my friend Stephanie (although apparently now she goes by her middle name?)

I am thinking "Talk to Me," but it occurs to me that when asking a lady out to a movie, it might be nice to ask what movie she wants to see.

At the same time, I feel that calling and saying "hey, I've been wanting to see this movie, do you want to go?" makes things a lot less awkward.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #159 on: August 07, 2007, 03:23:22 pm »

Unless "this movie" is "I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry" - in which case, don't bother.

I joke, I joke.  That sounds like a lovely plan, and you sound like a fine gentleman caller.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #160 on: August 07, 2007, 04:21:05 pm »

Why hate on the scientologist?  It's not any crazier than any other religious myth.

Exactly. Everyone's a little crazy about something. And as with anything (Mormonism, Harry Potter, baseball statistics, Tolkien, celebrities, jam bands, Achewood) there are people who take it entirely too far, but that doesn't mean you have to hate them all.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #161 on: August 07, 2007, 04:56:31 pm »

I hate them because they use bullshit pseudo-science to promote their fake religion.

also, the "date" which wasn't a date is off, as her car is broken down and she is taking it to be fixed at the same time as the movie. So, change "what I'm doing today" to "what I'm doing sometime this week, granting that we both have work so maybe it will be difficult to arrange."

also, the movie is "Talk to Me." I also really want to see "This is England," but it isn't showing in Charlotte.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #162 on: August 07, 2007, 05:17:24 pm »

Exactly. Everyone's a little crazy about something. And as with anything (Mormonism, Harry Potter, baseball statistics, Tolkien, celebrities, jam bands, Achewood) there are people who take it entirely too far, but that doesn't mean you have to hate them all.

Heh. How 'bout that 755, eh? It probably wouldn't be cool to ask how your dad feels about it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #163 on: August 07, 2007, 09:39:52 pm »

Heh. How 'bout that 755, eh? It probably wouldn't be cool to ask how your dad feels about it.

I was actually wondering that myself, I haven't really talked baseball with him in a couple months.

Last time I checked, Dad thought Barry Bonds was a dirty cheater, but that the record books should reflect the achievement and not the controversy. I think they should just asterisk it and MLB shouldn't make a big deal out of it, as they usually would.

I wonder what Onstad thinks of Bonds? He lives in Giants territory, after all.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #164 on: August 07, 2007, 10:03:29 pm »

If we're lucky, A-Rod will stay in baseball long enough to top the record - even though by them he'll have made $1 billion. Hopefully having the record will be a compelling enough reason for him to keep coming back.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 878   Go Up