Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Established 2003
TOUAMB: Wandering off topic since the early 21st Century

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348240 times)

0 Members and 202 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #195 on: August 12, 2007, 08:07:47 pm »

today, I worked for 4 hours. Then I went out and bought myself some new, hot, undies. they had man-kini bottoms and I laughed. like... string mankini.

now, I am doing two things: preparing for my date-which-is-not-a-date and trying to decide something.
The thing is, I just found out I have 5 (a number of days depending on whether I can convince someone to switch days with me, probably 3) days off work. Now, I can go to the beach for (probably 3) days, and swim and such with my family and some neighbors. OR, I could go visit my friend lindsay, which I have wanted to do all summer. This would probably involve more crazy fun, and less relaxation. I haven't seen her in 2 years. At the same time, she will have work, and she is a waitress so it will probably be around dinner time, and until late at night. I am waiting for her to call me back.

Um, I would have 5 days off in a row in which I could travel, except that I have a doctor's appointment one day. Damn.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #196 on: August 13, 2007, 01:55:18 am »

I meant to post this today, but forgot before I went out and did it.

"Today I'm gonna ride 24mi across 8 of the Portland bridges."

I did.  It was awesome.   My knees are totally wiped out.  At the end I felt SO rad.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #197 on: August 13, 2007, 03:31:54 am »

I meant to post this today, but forgot before I went out and did it.

"Today I'm gonna ride 24mi across 8 of the Portland bridges."

I did.  It was awesome.   My knees are totally wiped out.  At the end I felt SO rad.

We did the 6-bridge ride. I would like to point out here that Smick and I (and my lovely) rode right the fuck down the middle of I-5 with 10,000 of our closest friends on our bicycles today. Did you? No, you did not.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #198 on: August 13, 2007, 03:35:16 am »

I meant to post this today, but forgot before I went out and did it.

"Today I'm gonna ride 24mi across 8 of the Portland bridges."

I did.  It was awesome.   My knees are totally wiped out.  At the end I felt SO rad.

That's awesome.  I have a flickr friend in Portland who likes to bike across bridges
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #199 on: August 13, 2007, 04:41:51 am »

We did the 6-bridge ride. I would like to point out here that Smick and I (and my lovely) rode right the fuck down the middle of I-5 with 10,000 of our closest friends on our bicycles today. Did you? No, you did not.

That was so incredibly exhilarating.  The other best part was standing on top of the Fremont (The farther arch bridge in the photo) and looking far north to the St. John's thinking "That is so hell of far away.  I'll never make that." and then standing on the St. John's looking back to barely make out the Fremont in the mid-day haze thinking "I did that.  That was me.  I AM RAD."

Paul: I'm going to spend a good amount of time looking through your friend's flickr.   Her bridge pictures are pretty awesome.

This Bridge is right by my home.   It's my ladyfriend's favorite.   We live a block away from the elevator she mentions.   
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 04:45:36 am by smick »
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #200 on: August 13, 2007, 05:19:49 am »

my fitness goal is to bike into downtown st louis by the end of the year. this is not that far, and entirely attainable-- in fact, I could probably do it now. My dad basically said that I would be hit by a car and killed, and that it was unbearably idiotic. I went off on one of my rants where I went on about how a lot of people in the world don't have cars, and that biking is the most energy-efficient means of travel, and besides it is a good goal and I need to get in shape anyway, etc.
the real issue is, I would not put it past myself to get hit by a car, unless I took back roads. In which case: killed and mugged.

at the same time, standing next to the mississippi would be a nice end-point to a bike trip.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #201 on: August 13, 2007, 11:54:07 pm »

at the same time, standing next to the mississippi would be a nice end-point to a bike trip.

I dunno... the only parts of the Mighty Mississippi near STL that I saw looked kinda crap. It was only the part by the Metrorail, where the Casino Queen is anchored, but man.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #202 on: August 14, 2007, 12:39:18 am »

I mean, metaphorically. "I am by the mississippi!"
and then, you know, I get shot. Statistically, you are pretty likely to be hit by stray gunfire from East St Louis.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #203 on: August 15, 2007, 02:49:43 am »

Today I'm gonna (already did) go to the doctor and hear my unborn baby's heartbeat. 

Sixteen weeks down, twenty three to go. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #204 on: August 15, 2007, 03:29:15 am »

Today I'm gonna (already did) go to the doctor and hear my unborn baby's heartbeat. 

Sixteen weeks down, twenty three to go. 

That is so cool.  Do you get one of those crazy 4-D images later on?  All my friends have been getting those.  It's a tad creepy to see what a baby looks like before s/he's born, but also really neat.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 04:12:46 am by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #205 on: August 15, 2007, 03:50:59 am »

I mean, metaphorically. "I am by the mississippi!"
and then, you know, I get shot. Statistically, you are pretty likely to be hit by stray gunfire from East St Louis.

I think that East St. Louis gets a pretty bad rap because of its high crime rate. A famous architect once proposed enclosing the entire city within a dome. I drove out to Champaign with a friend in '99 and we got a flat tire in East St. Louis at 11:30PM.  Sam (my friend) wailed, "I'd rather run around naked through Chicago's south side rather than get a flat tire in East St. Louis!" I've never seen someone change out a flat so fast in my life. We left the city and drove for a damn long while on the donut tire before we found an acceptable place to have the regular tire repaired.

That is so cool.  Do you get one of those crazy 4-D images later on?  All my friends have been getting those.  It's a tad creepy to see what a baby looks like before s/he's born, but also really neat.

Yeah, those are really cool. I'd love to see the sonogram images, if they give you digital ones!!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 04:13:30 am by side_show »
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #206 on: August 15, 2007, 04:48:21 am »

I mean, I feel like having a horrendous crime rate justifies having a bad rep. it is a pretty scary area. Mostly in that... it is like a ghost town. We drove through, and it was just... empty, abandoned buildings.

also: when I said "metaphorically," I meant something more like... symbolically.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #207 on: August 15, 2007, 05:47:43 am »

Quote from: side_show

« Last Edit: Today at 01:13:30 PM by side_show »


smells! What did you EDIT?? It's driving me insane - my post looks identical to how I remembered it, but it says you edited it. Did you just put that there to toy with me?
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #208 on: August 15, 2007, 02:20:37 pm »

smells! What did you EDIT?? It's driving me insane - my post looks identical to how I remembered it, but it says you edited it. Did you just put that there to toy with me?


Oh sorry, I edited my quote - it had a typo in it - it said "what the a baby..." before, so I fixed it up to read "what a baby...".  I make so many typos that I'm starting to get embarassed about it.  I went in and fixed it in the original post, but then realized it still had the typo in your post too.  It was either go back to my post and re-add the typo, or go into your post and correct the typo there too.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #209 on: August 15, 2007, 04:20:16 pm »

Nah, I'm not planning  4-D ultrasound.  For one thing, I don't think my insurance covers it, and no way am I paying several hundred dollars to see my kid.  I'm sure the kid would rather, you know, go to college someday.  But I will post the regular ultrasound photos next month.  We (hopefully) find out the gender on 9/11. 

Ominous. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 878   Go Up