Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Listen, I've been duped by "English-speaking" pizza places before.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349961 times)

0 Members and 151 Guests are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #225 on: August 16, 2007, 07:07:20 pm »

ALSO: Bear in the Big Blue House is the shiznet.

Word. We all miss that show, and Big Big World is a poor substitute. I especially liked Tutter. And we still sing that goodbye song that Bear and the Moon sang.

Zaboomafoo was also high quality child TV time.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #226 on: August 16, 2007, 08:15:24 pm »

Today I mowed the lawn again. It has been pretty dry in Colorado lately so it has not gotten very long.

Also, I finally downloaded the Achewood theme song by Frontalot, and god damn is it great.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #227 on: August 16, 2007, 08:43:19 pm »

Considering what your lawn has gone through lately, it may be afraid to grow too long. Try regular watering with a little fertilizer.
No doubt, the Evil Scientist Laugh was in full throat during that post.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 08:52:41 pm by jaydub »
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #228 on: August 16, 2007, 09:04:59 pm »

Considering what your lawn has gone through lately, it may be afraid to grow too long. Try regular watering with a little fertilizer.

X-D hahaha, that's awesome.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #229 on: August 16, 2007, 09:28:06 pm »

Zaboomafoo is the one with the lemur and the brothers right? 6:30 to 7AM PST on PBS for SoCal. We watch that while dressing for the day and then scamper to Nannies house in time for Sesame Street. Did that start on Disney?

PBS, actually. I like the clay critters in Zoboo land. Especially NogginDrill.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #230 on: August 17, 2007, 03:47:20 am »

Are you in a trade and going to college? That's cool! What is it that you are doing?

I work as a knitter in a doll shop. No. I work with brewers at an anheuser-busch brewery. I'm going to school for economics, however.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #231 on: August 17, 2007, 04:08:58 am »

You could do that easily in Columbus, Ohio - the brewery is maybe 30 minutes from Campus. I used to live right next to it.

Smelled pretty rare some summer days, and it WAS Budweiser after all, but still, beer.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #232 on: August 17, 2007, 05:14:19 am »

St Louis is an option too.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #233 on: August 17, 2007, 01:46:48 pm »

Or pretty much anyplace in the state of PA, I think?  My friend went to college near the place where they brew Yeungling. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #234 on: August 17, 2007, 05:18:25 pm »

St Louis is hell of an option.

Also: I am totally ready for this summer to be over. Luckily, it is over for me in... 7 days. At which point I have to figure out my totally MESSED UP schedule. It is, seriously, a big ol' mess.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #235 on: August 17, 2007, 07:03:27 pm »

St Louis is hell of an option.

Also: I am totally ready for this summer to be over. Luckily, it is over for me in... 7 days. At which point I have to figure out my totally MESSED UP schedule. It is, seriously, a big ol' mess.

Man, I second that emotion. I can't believe my sleeping schedule. I'll look at the clock and realize, "Fuck, it's 4AM" and then I cannot pry myself out of bed until noon. I guess it's one of the perks of funemployment, but I kinda worry about how I'm going to adjust to an actual real job. I'd like to start getting on a reasonable schedule now so that the transition won't be as tough.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #236 on: August 17, 2007, 07:05:45 pm »

St Louis is hell of an option.

Also: I am totally ready for this summer to be over. Luckily, it is over for me in... 7 days. At which point I have to figure out my totally MESSED UP schedule. It is, seriously, a big ol' mess.

8 Days for me. My schedule is also messed up due to poor planning on my part. I have one day where I dont start class until.... 8pm?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #237 on: August 18, 2007, 01:40:51 am »

oh, no, more like schedule in terms of "I am taking 3 classes for my major, but the majority of my time will probably go to Arabic, which fulfills no requirements whatsoever. If I drop it, which I should by all logic and my own preference, I have no idea what classes I will take instead."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #238 on: August 20, 2007, 01:36:33 am »

I work as a knitter in a doll shop. No. I work with brewers at an anheuser-busch brewery. I'm going to school for economics, however.

A friend of ours works at the Williamsburg VA A-B brewery in the Quality Assurance department. Everyone who meets him is jealous. It's not that his whole job is about drinking beer to make sure it's okay... but a lot of his job involves, well, drinking beer to make sure it's okay.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #239 on: August 20, 2007, 02:59:06 am »

I think if I had to drink Budweiser all day I'd kill myself.

Not that I'm a beer snob, because I'm not.  But I hate Budweiser.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 878   Go Up