Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: I live in your message board now. Hi.  (Read 7278 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

gloomba

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 63
  • One stomp and he dies . . . . 100 PTS.
    • View Profile
I live in your message board now. Hi.
« on: August 15, 2007, 11:01:52 pm »

I just registered here, although I've been lurking since this board was on plagiarist.com, and I thought I should probably make an introductory post so that when I post in another topic saying something inane, people won't be all (incredulously) "you registered just to say that inane thing?"  I'm originally from Mississippi but right now I live in Florida, where I've just finished grad school but haven't got a job yet, which is why I'm spending my time on webcomic forums.  Oh, and I enjoy Achewood.  Further information is available upon request.

So, hi.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 11:05:48 pm »

What are your thoughts on pretend baseball, knitting, bacon, motorboating, and giraffe placenta?
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 11:08:27 pm »

Did you know cats have barbs on their penes?  Well, male ones anyway.  Now you do.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

gloomba

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 63
  • One stomp and he dies . . . . 100 PTS.
    • View Profile
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 11:44:01 pm »

Pretend baseball: About as interesting to me as real baseball (i.e. not at all).
Knitting: I'm in favor of it for old ladies but not so much for hipsters.
Bacon: Good.
Motorboating: Fun for all ages.  Unless you mean it literally in which case it's kind of dull.
Giraffe placenta: I've never tried it.
Barbed penes: I'm aware, but only secondhand.  There was a passage in one of the Red Dwarf novels that explored in some detail the issue of backwards (temporally speaking, not physically) sex with a creature evolved from cats, and it's always sort of stuck with me (no pun intended).
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 11:45:39 pm »

You started a thread just to say that inane thing?

Sorry, it was irresistible. Grad school in what?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

gloomba

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 63
  • One stomp and he dies . . . . 100 PTS.
    • View Profile
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 12:01:39 am »

Motion picture, television, and recording arts.

Yeah, I went to film school.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 01:09:24 am »

Welcome. Glad you de-lurked.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 02:07:34 am »

What the hell took you so long.  We don't bite.  Often.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 03:00:41 am »

Knitting: I'm in favor of it for old ladies but not so much for hipsters.

What about middle aged fellows, who don't hold any truck with your "Cold War Kids" or your "Plain White Tees"?
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 03:08:20 am »

This place is really going downhill.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 03:27:07 am »

smick, you are a hipster - an aging hipster.  But don't worry - you're on my team. 

Gloomba - welcome.  Sounds like your posting is long overdue!  Feel free to ask me or any of the other mods for help or input if you need it, otherwise... inane is the way we play here.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 04:40:52 am »

smick, you are a hipster - an aging hipster.  But don't worry - you're on my team. 

The more I think about it, guilty as charged.

Oh man... I better go find some teenage girls to invite over to listen to my Pixies B-Sides while I still can!
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2007, 07:04:04 am »

Full Sail or DAVE?  Or one of those "real" schools with campuses and whatnot?
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2007, 07:58:14 am »

The more I think about it, guilty as charged.

Oh man... I better go find some teenage girls to invite over to listen to my Pixies B-Sides while I still can!

There's nothing wrong with being an aging hipster.  Afterall, we have better beer in our fridges, and know how to make a tasty bean-based dip - and there ain't nothin' wrong with that.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2007, 09:36:18 am »

There was a passage in one of the Red Dwarf novels that explored in some detail the issue of backwards (temporally speaking, not physically) sex with a creature evolved from cats, and it's always sort of stuck with me (no pun intended).

That was a very good series of books, I was always suprised how far it leant towards hard sci fi, I lost my omnibus in high school and have missed it for years. You're good people.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up