Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat is MAD WITH POWER.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: I live in your message board now. Hi.  (Read 7252 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

gloomba

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 63
  • One stomp and he dies . . . . 100 PTS.
    • View Profile
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2007, 11:47:15 am »

Full Sail or DAVE?  Or one of those "real" schools with campuses and whatnot?

That would be the latter -- Florida State.  They've actually got a pretty good program, if I do say so myself.

What about middle aged fellows, who don't hold any truck with your "Cold War Kids" or your "Plain White Tees"?

Middle aged fellows can knit until the cows come home as far as I'm concerned.

What the hell took you so long.  We don't bite.  Often.

I suppose I never felt I had anything to contribute that would justify registration.  That's still the case, but I've come to the conclusion that if there's one thing I need more of in my life, it's interaction with internet strangers, so I thought I'd give it a go.

This place is really going downhill.

Sorry?
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2007, 01:16:38 pm »

That avatar is worth registering for.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2007, 03:42:32 pm »

Sorry?
I was kidding, because you made it sound like you hadn't registered because you didn't have anything to say up until now. In fact:
I suppose I never felt I had anything to contribute that would justify registration.  That's still the case, but I've come to the conclusion that if there's one thing I need more of in my life, it's interaction with internet strangers, so I thought I'd give it a go.
If you look at my contributions, you'll notice they're pretty damn thin. That never stopped me from making them!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2007, 04:01:59 pm »

There's nothing wrong with being an aging hipster.  Afterall, we have better beer in our fridges, and know how to make a tasty bean-based dip - and there ain't nothin' wrong with that.

Can I be an aging hipster, too?  Or does that imply that at some point in my life I have to have been hip? 

Also, welcome to the board, gloomba.  Your handle reminds me of my old pal Doomglobe, who nobody liked but me.  So I automatically and simultaneously like you and find you suspicious. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

gloomba

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 63
  • One stomp and he dies . . . . 100 PTS.
    • View Profile
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2007, 04:18:06 pm »

Also, welcome to the board, gloomba.  Your handle reminds me of my old pal Doomglobe, who nobody liked but me.  So I automatically and simultaneously like you and find you suspicious. 

That's a pretty good combination.  Thanks.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2007, 04:37:05 pm »

Your handle reminds me of my old pal Doomglobe, who nobody liked but me.   
I liked Doomglobe.  Of course, I also like Mr Chee, so there's not much to recommend my opinions.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2007, 05:18:58 pm »

I liked Doomglobe.  Of course, I also like Mr Chee, so there's not much to recommend my opinions.

What was your take on THE SUGAH RAIN?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2007, 05:50:19 pm »

gloomba, you seem like the good sort, not like some other noobs who have snuck in, drank all the good booze, and pissed on the curtains before we've shoved them out. I remember my obnoxiousivity when I first got here, after all. I still feel like a newcomer since I have no idea what the giraffe placenta thing is about. That was before my time.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2007, 05:59:23 pm »

Do you believe in socialism or free market anarchy? There is no in between, choose now.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

gloomba

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 63
  • One stomp and he dies . . . . 100 PTS.
    • View Profile
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2007, 06:07:42 pm »

Do you believe in socialism or free market anarchy? There is no in between, choose now.

That's a tough choice, but I suppose I'd have to go with anarchy and just naïvely hoping that it will work itself out.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2007, 06:12:58 pm »

gloomba, you seem like the good sort, not like some other noobs who have snuck in, drank all the good booze, and pissed on the curtains before we've shoved them out. I remember my obnoxiousivity when I first got here, after all. I still feel like a newcomer since I have no idea what the giraffe placenta thing is about. That was before my time.

Hell, gloomba gets points for even recognizing that the question referred to eating giraffe placenta.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2007, 06:15:41 pm »

That's a tough choice, but I suppose I'd have to go with anarchy and just naïvely hoping that it will work itself out.

Welcome to the dark side.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

gloomba

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 63
  • One stomp and he dies . . . . 100 PTS.
    • View Profile
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2007, 06:19:00 pm »

Hell, gloomba gets points for even recognizing that the question referred to eating giraffe placenta.

Then I have a confession to make: I didn't recognize that; I just assumed it.  I mean, what else are you going to do with it?
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2007, 06:48:58 pm »

Why is no one concerned that Nanny has no head?
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2007, 06:58:34 pm »

I still feel like a newcomer since I have no idea what the giraffe placenta thing is about. That was before my time.

Hell, I was here for it and I have no idea what it was about.  Just one of those things, I suppose. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up