Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Irish Nachos are a charming take on the original, but I wonder what Uighur Nachos would be like. A mutton leg on a crisped pita?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: NuvaRing  (Read 12769 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: NuvaRing
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2007, 11:40:02 pm »

Still hell of a lot better than not gettin' any, A-CAP. No glove = no love.
I think i lost 2 cans for that, so let me clarify, i know guys who refuse to wear condoms and try various means of still getting a girl to do the deed. I am one of the guys who lives with the glove, because I need some love. Im just saying that i dont know of a single guy who prefers condoms over no condoms.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: NuvaRing
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2007, 11:42:12 pm »

Maybe it's because I was a child of the '90s (and my EMT training), but I am all for body substance isolation. The more protection, the better. Condoms are great.

Condoms are great, if youre not the one wearing them.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: NuvaRing
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2007, 11:44:50 pm »

A-CAP, I have restored you a can for being entirely sensible about this issue.

Seriously, condoms are wonderful things and bring a lot of good to the world, but surely you can appreciate that life wouldn't be quite as joyful if you had to wear latex cloves to stroke your cat?

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: NuvaRing
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2007, 11:51:49 pm »

Nicely put, 'bagas.  A can to you to maintain harmony and balance.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: NuvaRing
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2007, 11:58:25 pm »

I am much more in the "Get into a monogamous relationship where disease is no longer a question so that basically you are down to using chemicals strictly to prevent pregnancy and condoms aren't necessary" camp.

If I was a place in my life where I was tomcattin' around, of course I would use condoms... but, then again, sex is pretty much 50% as awesome with a condom.

Still more awesome than anything else in a mortal's life, of course, but only half of the real deal.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: NuvaRing
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2007, 01:06:09 am »

Yeah, condoms are fine with me -- I can't tell the difference one way or another -- but I do have to say that the burning-rubber smell afterwards is sort of a buzzkill. 

I'm with lfm.  Monogamy is awesome. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Re: NuvaRing
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2007, 01:22:53 am »

I am much more in the "Get into a monogamous relationship where disease is no longer a question so that basically you are down to using chemicals strictly to prevent pregnancy and condoms aren't necessary" camp.

For the same reason as JL, my fiancee is off of hormonal birth control as well.  (As a matter of fact, she used NuvaRing for two years until her doctor recommended that she try going off birth control.  The migraines stopped almost right away.)  So we're six weeks away from married and a condom couple.  Your choice of condom makes a world of difference, though.  I highly recommend these, available at your local CVS. 
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: NuvaRing
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2007, 01:38:04 am »

I like Elexa by Trojan.  Available at your local Target store. 

Low odor is paramount.  Pedro has a hound-dog nose. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: NuvaRing
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2007, 01:49:58 am »

Does anyone use sponges or spermicide any more? I used to use spermicide with condoms... but that got expensive as my volume of sex increased.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: NuvaRing
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2007, 01:55:24 am »

Quote
Does anyone use sponges or spermicide any more? I used to use spermicide with condoms... but that got expensive as my volume of sex increased.

on a different note, I use platinum-based condoms (it's an experimental new composite) with an enriched-uranium-based spermicide.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: NuvaRing
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2007, 02:25:09 am »

on a different note, I use platinum-based condoms (it's an experimental new composite) with an enriched-uranium-based spermicide.
That's nice, sweetheart, but the sex habits of automata aren't entirely germane.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: NuvaRing
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2007, 02:29:29 am »

Condoms are great, if youre not the one wearing them.

What?  No.  This is not true at all.  I fuckin' hate condoms.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: NuvaRing
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2007, 02:47:13 am »

I'm a *****?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: NuvaRing
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2007, 08:07:03 pm »

All men are condom whiners. No man is joyously constricting his manhood in a rubber sheet that covers the exact part used in sexy times. "Oh yea, I love wearing condoms, I hate actually feeling sex, that is so overrated"

Don't put your hang ups on me, Hoss.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: NuvaRing
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2007, 10:05:04 pm »

Condoms are great, if youre not the one wearing them.

A-CAP, I have restored you a can for being entirely sensible about this issue.

Seriously, condoms are wonderful things and bring a lot of good to the world, but surely you can appreciate that life wouldn't be quite as joyful if you had to wear latex cloves to stroke your cat?

If condoms do such a bang-up job of reducing your sensitivity, then why don't men have marathon endurance while wearing condoms? I'm just sayin'.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up