Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that there is no way to put a picture of a pug in the News Box?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: A different photo thread  (Read 14016 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Dexter

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 119
  • Some mothers should not be turned out.
    • View Profile
Re: A different photo thread
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2007, 05:03:33 am »

Yeah, you should see his knuckles!  They're all torn up!


I kid, I kid!  Nabu came to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and he's all out of bubble gum.
God help us all if he runs out of ass.
Logged
Y'all don't know what it's like, bein' male, middle-class and white.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: A different photo thread
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2007, 07:05:26 am »

I know.

Thank God he's the king of getting ass and hence will never run out.

The universe works in mysterious ways.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: A different photo thread
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2007, 12:56:13 pm »

Im adding this to the cache of evidence that proves youre at least bisexual.
Everyone is gay for Nabu. Whether they want to be or not.

Way to bring back chivalry and manly violence Nabu.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

sunnystar

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
    • Pictures, Words, and Stuff
Re: A different photo thread
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2007, 12:13:00 am »

How can this picture not be appreciated? By men or women? A rugged, good looking man who used those same rugged, good looks to only get a small, yet sexy, laceration on the face in what I can only assume was a raucous bar fight that he won.
Logged
Never be too pessimistic - you think the worst, but it could really just be a sequined drag queen.
 -side_show-

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: A different photo thread
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2007, 06:58:44 am »

He wouldn't have got the scratch at all except he head-butted the other guy so damn hard. The man he head-butted no longer has a face.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: A different photo thread
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2007, 01:29:32 am »

Eh, basically... I don't want to seem insensitive here; Nabu, I've no doubt what you did was the right thing, and the guy you did it to was a complete fuck who fully deserved it. I hope that's clear. But I don't like the posting of a war-wound picture, with subsequent macho 'I'm fine, you should have seen what I did to the other guy' stuff. It's not so much that even, it's the fawning here. I'll explain my ridiculous viewpoint:

Recently, I was involved in a similar altercation, which (predictably, all fights with me tend to go this way) involved me, Mr Manly Man, coming to the aid of a woman being harassed by a guy. I'd like to say I left the fight with a Nabu style scar with the other guy in pieces, but I've got a black eye, gashed arm/chest/face and about five broken fingers courtesy of three grown men (his mates were around the corner) and a flick-knife. (Please don't offer any sympathies, what I did was stupid and not to be encouraged.)

If I'd won, I'd doubtlessly be proud (and in a way I did, the woman was fine which was my original objective), but being on the losing side is horrible. I was humiliated and put in great physical pain, and if the fight had gone the other way for you, Nabu, it would be horrible for us all. It's easy for people to say 'Wow, what a sexy scar' 'Nabu takes names and kicks ass with impunity', but I may be left with some very, very ugly scars, and violence is an ugly, ugly thing. I fuck*ng hate seeing it glorified in this way.

And fuck, now I sound bitter that Nabu won his fight and I didn't. I'm really glad you're (relatively) fine Nabu, I like you a lot and don't question your judgement on what you did, and the fact you're okay is far more important than my stupid feelings on you posting a picture of yourself. Don't get into another fight anytime soon, though.


Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: A different photo thread
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2007, 02:04:42 am »

I think a fair amount of our fawning is tongue in cheek though, we say stuff like 'you should have seen the other guy' because that is the dorky thing someone would have said in the 50s and we are so post modern and ironic that saying it in an unironic way makes it funny.

Sorry to hear about your troubles though, I hope your fingers are going to mend alright?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: A different photo thread
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2007, 02:33:35 am »

Quote
and in a way I did, the woman was fine which was my original objective

I mean... I would say that this means you did win, as long as you aren't looking at the fight as a macho contest.
Also, I don't know if being beaten by 3 grown men with a knife really counts as Losing.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: A different photo thread
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2007, 03:16:27 am »

Hey Judy!  How come we don't see you around so much anymore?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Dexter

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 119
  • Some mothers should not be turned out.
    • View Profile
Re: A different photo thread
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2007, 03:17:49 am »

Hey Judy!  How come we don't see you around so much anymore?

I've got a black eye, gashed arm/chest/face and about five broken fingers
Logged
Y'all don't know what it's like, bein' male, middle-class and white.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: A different photo thread
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2007, 02:08:40 pm »

A guy I dated one time had a scar from (he said) getting stabbed by a drunken Minnesota redneck while protecting a woman who was being sexually assaulted by aforementioned redneck. 

I thought that was pretty sexy.  HOWEVER: this is because he was, in general, a lover, not a fighter. 

A man (or woman) who is usually peaceful but is willing to fight when someone else's welfare is at stake is awesome.  The fighting is not awesome.  The willingness to put oneself in harm's way is very awesome. 

So, Judy, you should not beat yourself up about this, nor about the fact that my creepy Mrs. Robinson crush from across the pond will only burn the brighter for it. 

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: A different photo thread
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2007, 02:42:39 am »

A guy I dated one time had a scar from (he said) getting stabbed by a drunken Minnesota redneck while protecting a woman who was being sexually assaulted by aforementioned redneck. 

I thought that was pretty sexy.  HOWEVER: this is because he was, in general, a lover, not a fighter. 

A man (or woman) who is usually peaceful but is willing to fight when someone else's welfare is at stake is awesome.  The fighting is not awesome.  The willingness to put oneself in harm's way is very awesome. 

So, Judy, you should not beat yourself up about this, nor about the fact that my creepy Mrs. Robinson crush from across the pond will only burn the brighter for it. 

Seconded.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: A different photo thread
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2007, 07:46:22 pm »

Eh, basically... I don't want to seem insensitive here; Nabu, I've no doubt what you did was the right thing, and the guy you did it to was a complete fuck who fully deserved it. I hope that's clear. But I don't like the posting of a war-wound picture, with subsequent macho 'I'm fine, you should have seen what I did to the other guy' stuff. It's not so much that even, it's the fawning here. I'll explain my ridiculous viewpoint:

Recently, I was involved in a similar altercation, which (predictably, all fights with me tend to go this way) involved me, Mr Manly Man, coming to the aid of a woman being harassed by a guy. I'd like to say I left the fight with a Nabu style scar with the other guy in pieces, but I've got a black eye, gashed arm/chest/face and about five broken fingers courtesy of three grown men (his mates were around the corner) and a flick-knife. (Please don't offer any sympathies, what I did was stupid and not to be encouraged.)

If I'd won, I'd doubtlessly be proud (and in a way I did, the woman was fine which was my original objective), but being on the losing side is horrible. I was humiliated and put in great physical pain, and if the fight had gone the other way for you, Nabu, it would be horrible for us all. It's easy for people to say 'Wow, what a sexy scar' 'Nabu takes names and kicks ass with impunity', but I may be left with some very, very ugly scars, and violence is an ugly, ugly thing. I fuck*ng hate seeing it glorified in this way.

And fuck, now I sound bitter that Nabu won his fight and I didn't. I'm really glad you're (relatively) fine Nabu, I like you a lot and don't question your judgement on what you did, and the fact you're okay is far more important than my stupid feelings on you posting a picture of yourself. Don't get into another fight anytime soon, though.

I ought to reply here. I suppose I tossed this in here because I haven't gotten into a fight since the 5th grade, which was basically before 95% of you were roaming the Earth, and that altercation involved me pushing a guy down. I absolutely do not endorse fighting. I never fight. However, after never fighting for all that time (and having plenty of opportunities that other people might have taken) I guess I had just had enough. I won't say I'll never get in a fight again, but I think it's very unlikely. Afterwards I said to my wife "wow, it's good he didn't have a knife or a gun" and she started crying. So, yeah. I ain't feel good about this. Maybe I shouldn't have posted this, but it was just such a bizarre thing to have happened to me. When I was getting up to confront the guy my brain was sort of screaming "what the fuck are you doing? You're going to get beaten senseless!" It was just so out of character. Anyway, sorry about any adverse effects this might have had.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: A different photo thread
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2007, 08:52:55 pm »

In highschool I was at a dance, actually in the middle of the gym dancing around, and BLAM! I was clocked in the face, sitting on the floor, seeing stars.  Some girl I barely knew, who hated me - but just sort of hated everyone equally - just came up to me an punched me for no reason.

Also, when I was a kid, I was chasing our dog around our camper trailer in circles while it was parked in our drive way, while wearing a brand new pair of dress shoes.  I somehow managed to slip at just the right time and got a trailer hitch right in the eye.  I had a swollen shut black eye for quite a while.

I know what it's like to be clocked in the face.  I know what it's like to have a horrible black eye.  Yet neither situation had anything to do with termoil.  I collect experiences like other folks collect postcards, but I'm hella' glad neither of these ones came to me the normal way they do.   
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: A different photo thread
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2007, 07:36:55 pm »

At the age of about 8-9 I got hit in the eye with a bat.  I had a black eye for months.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up