it is pretty obvious to me that I do not understand any of these measurements at all.
See, when you buy quality American made (just being an asshole) pot that weighs one eighth of what the Mexican pot ways (3.5 g, an eighth of an ounce, which is 28 grams, usually $50(for the good stuff)), they usually will take up the same amount of bag space. One will be super condensed and will look like it was ripped off of a bigger super condensed chunk. That stuff takes way more of it to get high and is usually a mix between green and brown, which is why it is called dirt weed. Also, you have to take seeds out of it. The other stuff only takes maybe 4-10 hits, depending on quality and how high you want to get and is super fluffy, or at least not hell of condensed, and usually really green, if not some crazy orange or reddish from little "hairs" on it. Sometimes it is purple if you pay enough and get lucky, at least where I am.
Basically in my experience, an eighth of good weed will get you high as many times as the shitty ounce (usually $40-60), only it is super enjoyable to smoke and has a better high, which is why some people run through it faster. Also, there are no seeds, which is nice.
It is okay to talk about weed here, right? I'll stop once this thread gets derailed, should be soon!
And Inev, weed can get really expensive, and, well, I don't know how to say this; I am a person on the internet and you are a smart guy, so what I say probably won't matter to you, or at least you won't do stuff because I say it, but I have done nearly every drug except heroin, though I have done the closest pill substitute, and smoke cigarettes. The only one I would recommend someone I care about do, if they came to me honestly or whatever, is weed. I would say never, never do coke, but I think that has a lot to do with my experience based on my addictive personality. Besides that do what you want to do (I have enjoyed most drugs), but seriously, I didn't sleep last night and am getting lost. Here: If my younger sister who I really like and respect came and talked to me about drugs, etc., I would not tell her to do e or shrooms or whatever, even though I had a good time on them. I would probably try to talk her out of them. On the other hand, while I wouldn't smoke her out or contribute to her doing it in anyway, I would somehow get across the point that weed is ok in moderation. Lots of other people on here have smoked from what I can tell, and I think they would agree generally that weed is perfectly fine in its time and place. If not I am sure they will correct me, which is okay too.