Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Making money from art is not vulgar. Art is a commodity. It makes people feel something. It raises the greater sum of human happiness. It increases the gaiety of the nation. It has a value. -John Allison

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey Paul...  (Read 11798 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Paul...
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2008, 07:34:11 pm »

I'm getting to that age, where I can look back with friends and laugh -"we could have died!"  "I know!" "I can't believe we didn't die!" "I can't believe we didn't end up in jail!" "Ha, ha!" "I guess we made it!"  "Good Times!" "But I don't want to go back to that! Would you?"  "Oh, hell no!" "Ha, ha!"

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Hey Paul...
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2008, 07:41:34 pm »

I basically never allowed myself those kinds of adventures.

I was a very paranoid and cautious kid which is to say I was never actually much of a kid at all.

Fuck. Fuck, y'know, that actually explains so much... haha.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Hey Paul...
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2008, 10:47:19 pm »

I mean. I was driving by. I know that part of town in a narrow, straight area where I drive through it to get somewhere else.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Paul...
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2008, 11:09:41 pm »

I basically never allowed myself those kinds of adventures.

I was a very paranoid and cautious kid which is to say I was never actually much of a kid at all.

Fuck. Fuck, y'know, that actually explains so much... haha.

I'm with LFM on this one. 

Solidarity of the terminally geeky.  Oh yeah. 

We'd have a secret handshake, but we're afraid of spreading germs. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Paul...
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2008, 11:17:38 pm »

We'll have to have a secret hand-wave instead, then.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Hey Paul...
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2008, 11:25:30 pm »

I am pretty paranoid and cautious, but also, I do not always know when I should be scared.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Hey Paul...
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2008, 11:41:48 pm »

See, I always know when to be scared even when I shouldn't be scared.

It is kinda my thing.

...maybe a secret nod, though, instead of a wave. Less conspicuous, you understand.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Hey Paul...
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2008, 11:54:33 pm »

We wouldn't ever meet face-to-face to exchange secret handshakes/nods/waves. There would be a secret series of letters that we would put in signatures on forums like this one.

(I was also a very cautious young'un - this is how I've made it to 30 without doing a single illegal drug or smoking a single cigarette)
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Hey Paul...
« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2008, 02:23:21 am »

I'm going down that path myself, 'haus. Nicotine frightens me, and I'm too much of a control freak for other drugs to hold much of an allure. It's a sad, dorky life I live.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Hey Paul...
« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2008, 02:31:04 am »

I too have never smoked a tobacco cigarette... though I do enjoy a cigar every month or two and weed is awesome as long as you're not being tested for it. Harder drugs, I've eschewed, but weed and I are both so awesome that we had to cross paths at times.

Spiderman had to meet Superman, y'know, it just had to happen.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Hey Paul...
« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2008, 02:48:40 am »

I talk about the secret series of characters as if it's something I've never done before. It isn't. In my freshman year of college, some friends of mine, jealous of the secret societies at UVA, decided to form our own at the college I attended. It lasted a semester. No painting of the symbols on dozens of buildings around town - ours were relegated primarily to our webpages and the occasional desk in a classroom.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Paul...
« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2008, 03:24:50 am »

Well your society's symbols wouldn't last long, unless you suddenly and publicly donated assloads of money, also.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Hey Paul...
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2008, 04:05:52 am »

dang, me and my roommate were totally going to make a secret society. There is just one (that we know of) at washU, and they are hell of suspect.
basically the only secret is that... they raise buttloads of money at this big carnival they throw every year, and no one knows where it goes. They donate money to charities, but the charities have to sign a thing saying they will never disclose how much was given. hell of suspect.

um, yeah, I have smoked 1 and a half cigarettes. In one case, it was offered to me by a complete stranger, I smoked some, and then my friends got all "oh my god, his first cigarette! oh my gosh!" and made it into a weird big deal because they all smoked.
The other time, it was offered to me by the bass player of a cool band, and my friend told me I was a major asshole wannabe for taking it.

Basically, I think I would smoke if it wouldn't lead to me and my clothes smelling horrible, and being socially ostracized. also, you know, cancer.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Paul...
« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2008, 04:09:21 am »

Trust me, cool bass players who smoke (cough cough-in this situation I am referring to myself, this could be confusing, it is not HAAAAAAK HAAAAAAAAAACK UGGGGH) do not care if you take their cigarette.  They will not look down on you.

If you tell them that story on the internet they will agree with your friend though.  Well, maybe not major, but the rest.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Hey Paul...
« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2008, 04:17:13 am »

I mean. I took it because he was being friendly, and I wanted to see what smoking was like, since the other time it was less "half a cigarette" and more "2 puffs."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up