Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Achewood '07: The Year That Was  (Read 3467 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Death Ray

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 151
    • View Profile
    • Deep Fried, webcomics' dirty little secret
Achewood '07: The Year That Was
« on: December 30, 2007, 09:02:19 pm »

Nice Pete plot-ted murder/ when hip-hobbit was invented,
A USB knife sliced his brain/ Roast Beef was not offended;
Lyle’s douch-ing in plain view/ left Teodor distressed,
After years of lov-ing ass/ Ray finally took the breast;
Decision-making flowcharts/ gave us peaks inside of brains,
Ray’s un-trusting nature/ earned him Brian Wheat’s disdain;
Gay porn was re-imagined/ to disguise its renter’s taste,
Stoned Lightning was invented/ for ball players without haste;
A pear and garlic did com-bat/ (the artist’s secret scrawling),
Roast-beef proposed to Molly/ Lyle’s puke forestalled our bawling;
The man who gave us Comic Sans/ was fed a meal of curb,
Roastbeef’s career as lolcat /turned him into Gen-Y’s “Herb”;
Phillipe’s birthday was nearly ruined/ by Todd’s cocaine addiction,
The US Courts made Lyle declare/ his anusoid affliction;
Todd became a talk show host/ until his head exploded;
Teo’ watched a tit so long/ his frontal lobe eroded;
A long-lost brother called on Ray/ an unexpected visit,
They reminisced about their dad/ his leaving was exquisite;
The Perky Pervert opened/selling coffee with a twist,
Nolan made an offer/ one that Lyle could not resist;
Potty Mail and Star Wars tats/ then reruns closed the year,
All hail 07’s Achewood strips/ toast 08’s strips with beer!

Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood '07: The Year That Was
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 10:34:01 pm »

Lovely - this reminds of me of "88 Lines About 44 Women." Welcome to the board Death Ray.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood '07: The Year That Was
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 11:03:45 pm »

That was a pretty awesome rhyme. Welcome!
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Achewood '07: The Year That Was
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 11:54:33 pm »

...I thought I recognized that animated clown from somewhere.

"Deep Fried" is a pretty awesome book, welcome aboard, man.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood '07: The Year That Was
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 12:06:36 am »

Hadn't heard of it until now - just checked out the most recent strip and I gotta say it looks pretty cool.  I do some further reading.

Death Ray, are you the the creator of Deep Fried, or just the sort of fan who advertises for it for free?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Achewood '07: The Year That Was
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 02:04:24 am »

which reminds me-- I don't know if I have previously mentioned my friend Rory's comic which i have not read yet. The sample pages, though... I am a big fan of the art. I am not sure if every single page is so "I just graduated from art school," and I am not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

it weirds me out, because I know this guy, and the character looks really like him. He likes achewood, too.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood '07: The Year That Was
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 02:21:51 am »

which reminds me-- I don't know if I have previously mentioned my friend Rory's comic which i have not read yet. The sample pages, though... I am a big fan of the art. I am not sure if every single page is so "I just graduated from art school," and I am not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

it weirds me out, because I know this guy, and the character looks really like him. He likes achewood, too.

Uh oh, the filters fucked that one right up. Folks, you'll have to hand-type that URL. ***** is really robot.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Achewood '07: The Year That Was
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 02:28:06 am »

oh, yes.
it is www.bootleg(automaton).com
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Death Ray

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 151
    • View Profile
    • Deep Fried, webcomics' dirty little secret
Re: Achewood '07: The Year That Was
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2007, 04:51:05 pm »

...I thought I recognized that animated clown from somewhere.

"Deep Fried" is a pretty awesome book, welcome aboard, man.

Thanks all! Glad to be here. This place is like a 12-step program for Achewood grunchers, right?
Logged

Death Ray

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 151
    • View Profile
    • Deep Fried, webcomics' dirty little secret
Re: Achewood '07: The Year That Was
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2007, 04:53:23 pm »

Hadn't heard of it until now - just checked out the most recent strip and I gotta say it looks pretty cool.  I do some further reading.

Death Ray, are you the the creator of Deep Fried, or just the sort of fan who advertises for it for free?

Please read a s much as your brain can swallow. I am Jason Yungbluth, the Creator.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood '07: The Year That Was
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2007, 06:17:08 pm »

Wow, welcome - you've got mad skillz.

Also, yes, this is sort of like a 12 step program, but the reverse - we cause addictions.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Achewood '07: The Year That Was
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2007, 06:37:32 pm »

i dig your comic, now that I am reading it.

right now I am giggling at this one because my dear old dad used to issue credit cards for Wachovia.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood '07: The Year That Was
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2007, 07:36:08 pm »

Hi guy,
Your stuff has humor and artistry that reminds me of the mad magazines I used to steal from my uncle when I was years younger. Thanks.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Achewood '07: The Year That Was
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2007, 08:47:49 pm »

Needs permalinks to the strips.

</sarcasm>

Will check out the strip later now that others have approved. I need some more stuff to read on the Net, actually.
Logged

Death Ray

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 151
    • View Profile
    • Deep Fried, webcomics' dirty little secret
Re: Achewood '07: The Year That Was
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2007, 11:07:58 pm »

Hi guy,
Your stuff has humor and artistry that reminds me of the mad magazines I used to steal from my uncle when I was years younger. Thanks.

I actually cartoon for MAD. My stuff appears roughly once every three issues. Check out my MySpace for a sample of my purile genius.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up