Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Surprising fact: toothpaste is a complete protein.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 2nd January 2008 - that awkward phase in a band's life when it becomes a woman  (Read 3778 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01022008

Does Ray put on a hat and scarf and go out delivering copies of the new book he's written every January 2nd?
Logged

Dexter

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 119
  • Some mothers should not be turned out.
    • View Profile

Curses!  Beaten to the punch because I was too busy looking up what book that ISBN actually belonged to.
Logged
Y'all don't know what it's like, bein' male, middle-class and white.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas

A suitable ISBN, to be sure.

Ray don't try, Ray just does.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

Maybe now Jamiroquai will finally grow into its face
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile

Awesome! I didn't even notice the ISBN upon my first reading of this comic, thank you for posting it. I wonder if Onstad just randomly picked that ISBN, or if he got the Eating Dangerously book as a Christmas pressie and decided to put it on Ray's Jamiroquai book.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

You know what I want for my birthday? Victoria's memory.

And I wish I could give Dexter a thousand cans for thinking to look up that ISBN, which is no way a coincidence. I'm sure Onstad got no less than three copies of that book for Christmas.

A roaring start to the New Year, imaginary messageboard people!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

I almost got that book for my mom. Maybe I should have.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile

Maybe now Jamiroquai will finally grow into its face

Or the ginormous hat.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest

"Are You There, God? It's Me, Jamiroquai" absolutely cracked me up. I can't say why.
Logged

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile

Reminds of this Jay Pinkerton bit: Are You There, God? It's Me, Masturbating.

Also, I liked this one, but there was nothing to equal the phrase "You about to get hit in the eyes with some cask-strength gay, brother" from last year's version.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile

Quote from: Are You There, God? It's Me, Masturbating

God gets comfortable on adjoining chair, in a "Let Me Rap Atcha"
kind of pose.
In my dreams of God, he is always getting ready to rap at me.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

two things ruined the illusion for me:
people get naked to jack off?
and:
kids know that there is porn other than on the internet?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas

If The Great Spirit has an anthropomorphic form and it isn't a sexy lady?

Then it is definitely the Notorious BIG, near the end, when he was so fat that his voice sounded like Darth Vader fuckin' Shaq O'Neal.

All walkin' up to the Pearly Gates, all explain' my case to The Big One and The Big One is all:

"That's real, yo... *laboured breath*... like my man Puff say... *laboured breath*... more money you make, more problems you get and jealousy and greed, they just come with the territory like... *laboured breath*... like my man Puff say."

And that's when I'd know its okay.

Biggie Smalls is in charge and as I've never been involved in a gangland shooting, I'm definitely in.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site

Biggie Smalls is in charge and as I've never been involved in a gangland shooting, I'm definitely in.

Ain't no heaven for a gangsta.
Logged
ACHIEVE

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile

You have to love a comic that has reached such a point in its sense of self as to get regular humor out of several of the characters' side careers in literature.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up