Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Show me your desk!  (Read 21210 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2008, 02:38:20 pm »

The card catalogue drawers are even better than the desk. Very nice. Hey, don't forget to add them to the TOUAMB pool.

Thanks for the messy desk, #####_god. 

I have two computers too (look closely in the picture), but it doesn't make me the alpha geek around here. I'm not even sure how many computers are in the Technical Staff's office. He seems to call one thing a 'computer' that doesn't even have a monitor. And yet he spends no time posting to messageboards. Whatever does he do with them?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2008, 09:59:08 pm »



Clicky for more witty commentary on desk clutter.
I'm actually posting this from the other computer in my office that I use when Win64 craps out (Adobe Acrobat, for one thing - not the free reader, the software that actually makes PDFs).  Having 2 desktops makes me feel debauched.  I should be reclining on a Roman couch or something.

Edit:  They are, in fact, chromatograms as I suspected.  I should probably work on making more of them now.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2008, 08:59:47 pm »

You want messy?  You want crazy?  Here's my desk at work.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2008, 09:03:13 pm »

You want messy?  You want crazy?  Here's my desk at work.

heh heh... "Rod Puppets"...
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2008, 09:21:52 pm »

You want messy?  You want crazy?  Here's my desk at work.

That's not messy.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2008, 10:26:58 pm »

That's not messy.

That's the least messy thing I've ever seen in my life.
Logged
ACHIEVE

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2008, 11:52:28 pm »

Well the desk is more-or-less organized but pretty filthy, and several parts of the office (not shown) where I don't sit are totally disorganized and filthy, so I guess it's all in how you define messy.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 01:40:10 am by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2008, 12:07:37 am »

My desk:



I don't have others, because I do most of my homework at school. I like the writing desk set-up because it's simple. If I need to spread out, I go to the kitchen table:

Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2008, 12:43:42 am »

I still haven't seen a desk half as messy as mine.

I'm waiting.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2008, 03:55:21 am »

How do you guys keep everything so clean?
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2008, 04:55:54 am »


This is my favorite office set up at home:

That's 45/70 Gov't w/ a Hornady 300g HP and H4198. Turned out real nice, got this group at a 100 in 20-40 mph gusts:

Y'all enjoy now.

Suh-weeeeet! In Alaska I had about 500 rounds for my .357 courtesy of my friend Dan, who also poured his own bullets. Badass.

Here's my desk at work. It is ruthlessly clean. I guess I had to learn organization and cleanliness at work, because my previous filing system was just pile shit up. Hey, at least I knew where everything was. 
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 02:09:46 pm by linnea »
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2008, 05:33:01 pm »

I already showed off my home desk, so now you get to see my work desk. Here it is. I didn't feel like bringing my digital camera to work, so I took this with my cell phone camera. That's a full megapixel right there! I guess the only thing really worth explaining is the "NO FUN ZONE" written on the white board. I had originally written "NO PUN ZONE" in response to my boss' propensity to make awful puns, but in retaliation he came over and erased the loop from the P to turn it into an F. Pretty clever, actually. A lot more clever than any of his puns.

Here it is from a closer view. My favorite part has to be the fake shrubbery growing under my left monitor (although the squishy fake gamecube is pretty cool, too).

Edit: Fuckers at Kotaku stole side_show's idea.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 07:37:12 pm by melack »
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2008, 11:18:34 pm »

Melack... You're a ShaunMc from Washington?   I am a ShawnMc from Washington.

Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2008, 11:24:35 pm »

Nice! I look forward to many heated arguments over the correct spelling of our name.

(Kind of explains your username now!)

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2008, 11:40:36 pm »

Let alone if a SeanMac eventually showed up.

Or wrestling's Shane-O-Mac!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up