Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris waited all day for the Comcast repair guy, and he never showed up. What is he supposed to do with this cream pie?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Show me your desk!  (Read 21204 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2008, 06:11:33 pm »

A quick google search yields... well, the word 'rape' is what it yields. I had really expected more of Google's built-in conversion tools.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2008, 06:49:18 pm »

Perhaps pauls and nabus are mutually unquatifiable, one cannot be defined in terms of the other. So what I am saying, Paul, is that you are beautiful and unique snowflake, just like Nabu, except not.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2008, 09:30:04 pm »

Here's an updated photo of my desk.  Since I work at it every day, it's improved greatly now that it's set up to my liking.  Also my cat insists on being cute.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2008, 09:51:10 pm »

I somehow missed the whole conversation about my flickr eroticism levels. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2008, 07:24:44 pm »

Hey, look, a desk.

[img src=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/bensanaz/desktop.jpg]

The illusion of localized neatness is caused by my having picked up the newer laptop to take a picture of the old desktop with its built-in camera. In the background is a video game I am playing (to everyone's great surprise, I am sure.) The desk itself was purchased years ago and is custom built for a dude who is huge. This would make it expensive to replace so I am glad I have not had to replace it; it was purchased from local woodworkers who make desks that don't need frequent replacing.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2010, 06:00:04 pm »

I came across this interesting little collection of writers in their natural habitat and it reminded me of this old thread. 

Anyone have any updated desk pics?  I've just gotten a new (wonderful) job and we rearranged the entire office yesterday.  I've got a new workspace to fill with stuff, so bring on the inspiration!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2010, 08:16:41 pm »

Mine still looks the same. That website makes it clear that I need a much bigger office if I am going to be a success.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2010, 08:17:58 pm »

...or you get a much bigger office once you are a success.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2010, 08:25:35 pm »

I dunno, I was kind of inspired by the people who were writing from their couches and La-Z-Boys. I have an office, but most of the time (like now) I write from my sofa or dining room table. Mainly because my office is where I store stuff, so it's usually too messy to use for its intended purpose.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2010, 09:53:16 pm »

...or you get a much bigger office once you are a success.

Well, sure, possibly it happens in that order, but if that's not it, who wants to take chances?

Actually, I mostly write fiction on the living room sofa. The office is for non-fiction. Don't ask me why, the mind is a strange and wondrous thing. The crummy sofa in the office will work for fiction in a pinch.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2010, 04:18:34 am »

Meet the new desk; same as the old desk (roughly).

I did get new, larger monitors.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2010, 04:32:34 am »

What is your prod software in the middle, does it begin with a V? (I use a package that begins with a V, and the excel to "V" EDI is a time vampire.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2010, 04:36:46 am »

Holy shit I don't know about computers.

It's some proprietary thing. I could hardly even begin to explain it. It's some kind of giant database with all kinds of cross-referency things in it. Does that help?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2010, 12:54:41 pm »

Yes, I know what it is.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2010, 07:16:49 pm »

What's the map of?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up