Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Pretend Football 08  (Read 31517 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2008, 02:23:33 pm »

Who's Boar Tits?

And how do you feel about your fantasy football team this morning?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2008, 02:28:02 pm »

That is just perfect.

Clipped in admiration.

Heartbreaker for you Bolts fans yesterday, huh.  Made for an exciting game if you were neutral though.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2008, 04:20:55 pm »

By an amazing stroke of luck I have managed to locate a photo of Asherdan in his playing days.

Yikes.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2008, 04:30:55 pm »

Who's Boar Tits?

And how do you feel about your fantasy football team this morning?
Annihilated
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2008, 04:54:04 pm »

By an amazing stroke of luck I have managed to locate a photo of Asherdan in his playing days.

Yikes.

Intense. I would not get between that dude and a football. Or a steak.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2008, 08:15:10 pm »

    "FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) - New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is out for the season with a left knee injury that will require surgery. The 2007 NFL Most Valuable Player will be placed on injured reserve, the Patriots said Monday, one day after his knee was injured in the first quarter of a 17-10 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs."

In other news, every football betting guide for the season is now garbage.

I noticed Boar Tits has already dropped Brady from the roster.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2008, 09:01:46 pm »

I was watching the '89 SuperBowl in my dorms lounge with a bunch of other folk, when they ran the play where Tim Krumrie got his shin snapped

I remember this, not so much for when it happened, but a photo (in SI or something?) in which Krumrie's leg had a bend in it, in a place where the human leg is not supposed to bend.  Yoicks.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2008, 11:24:35 pm »

I had a similar event occur when some 6'4 drone fireaxed my lower leg while trying to clear me away from a loose ball.  He got to sit in the penalty box for a minute - I got to hobble off for the man-up squad to enjoy some offense.  At first it just looked like a bruise.  Later on, my sock felt tight, so I reached down to adjust it and realized I wasn't wearing socks that high.  I looked down and saw a baseball-sized lump hanging off the side of my shin.  "Uhhh, coach..."
Fortunately it was a home game, so I got packed off to the clinic where a doc looked at it and essentially said "Ice it."  My calf felt like a water balloon - taut and hot with a weird paleness in the skin around it and a red stripe where the pole had hit.  A week later the swelling had gone down some, but there was a massive clot under the skin.  They decided to drain it, but apparently it had all gone jello-y and wouldn't flow into the syringe.  It took months to disappear completely, no doubt hindered by dozens of additional whacks through the course of the season.  These days there's a knobbly little bit of calcium deposit on the shin bone.   
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2008, 01:36:53 am »

Sometimes, I wonder if it was a bad thing that I was not a jock.

And then I read these things.

Hooray apathy!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2008, 02:48:59 am »

Jaydub:  Enabling couch potatoes since 1969.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2008, 02:41:46 pm »

I never had quite so awesome a sports injury.  However, one time as a soccer goalie, I took an absolute cannon of a shot off my chest at close range.  The next morning, I had a ring-shaped bruise, about the diameter of a soccer ball, on my chest.  And at the center, there were red lines matching the stitching pattern on the ball. 

is SO cool
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2008, 08:30:15 am »

So, last year I just left this up to luck on accident (got too hungover to care/remember/be able to function during draft), and that worked out pretty well (brady moss).  This year, I did it on purpose, and, well, it hasn't really worked out that well.  Dumb luck is better then tricking yourself in to thinking you know what you are doing and I saw my parents for the first time in like 6 months and saw Manny Ramirez play baseball for the first time ever and I was busy basically, but I still fuck*ng suck.  Though I did start Baltimore's D and a WR with a hernia, so yeah, I need to get into this? 
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2008, 02:36:39 pm »

yeah, theres too many injuries in football to just 'let it ride'. At the minimum, its good to make sure everyone on your team is alive and well.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2008, 10:54:56 pm »

Yeah, that was an awful post.

Basically, I kind of forgot the first week and my parents were in town and I was busy this week.  My team could be alright with what I have, I just need to make sure I am starting the right people.  HOWEVAH, I am not going to be last years team, which was basically make sure brady moss are starting, hope they don't get hurt, have a great regular season and lose in the playoffs (hey, that happened to them too!)
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2008, 03:44:26 pm »

I seem to be accidentally good so far.

This worries me.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up