Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Pretend Football 08  (Read 31499 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2008, 11:35:02 pm »

Visanthe Shiancoe
(Min - TE)
   TE    @Chi    L, 48-41    16%    0    0    0    0    0    68    1    0    0    0    13
        
Kellen Winslow
(Cle - TE) Q
   BN    @Was    L, 14-11    45%    0    0    0    0    0    17    0    0    0    0    2

Suck it, Yahoo trends.  Booyeah.

Of course, this all depends on my three Broncos (Damn, dirty Broncos) performing well and getting me a win tonight.

I'm probably gonna be mad about benching Santonio Holmes on a day when he caught a TD, but I'll deal.  Also, 3 total points from my Defenses = ROCK.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2008, 01:51:24 am »

Fact: The Saints have become terrible.

become?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2008, 10:30:24 pm »

I'm probably gonna be mad about benching Santonio Holmes on a day when he caught a TD, but I'll deal.  Also, 3 total points from my Defenses = ROCK.

One of my DEF teams scored 4 points this week. Sadly, the other one scored -4.

become?

Well, yeah. But they had individual achievers.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2008, 03:43:33 am »

Before all my WRs got horribly mutilated in different ways, I was briefly good at this game.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2008, 02:35:19 am »

To: my pretend football players

Re: Getting suspended

Stop being dumb!  Or at least pick a week where I don't have five players on byes.

Seriously, first Winslow and now Holmes.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2008, 11:38:41 pm »

Yahoo seems to think that Carolina had 6271 points scored against its defense.

Despite this... and despite starting all the wrong WRs... I still scored 100 points, which is rad.

If I'm ever at a point where all my best WRs are healthy, I have a pretty good team.

I willl probably never get there.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2008, 03:11:44 pm »

Rather incredibly, both of my fantasy football teams are in sole possession of first place in their respective leagues.

I thoroughly expect to lose in the first round of the playoffs.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2008, 03:14:47 pm »

Im not sure how to save Stoned Lightening. They've just been performing sub-par lately. Almost slothlike, with poor hand-eye coordination and amotivational syndrome.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #98 on: October 28, 2008, 06:38:50 pm »

My team is coming up hard still, so that is good.  It's going to be real hard to recover from 0-5 though.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #99 on: October 28, 2008, 07:13:24 pm »

I've somehow won five straight, including this past week when I only had two receivers to start.

I'm... I'm not sure how to react to this, except to apologize.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2008, 09:39:15 pm »

I would love to shore up my defenses, but since we have two slots scoring for DEF this year, pretty much all the teams are taken except the super-shitty. And I don't have anyone riding the pine to offer up in exchange for a better D.

I'm doing a lot better than my skillz as a manager should dictate. A couple of my wins are blind luck.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #101 on: November 03, 2008, 09:07:13 am »

Four in a row bitches.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #102 on: November 04, 2008, 06:46:42 am »

If anyone wants to pony up something decent, I got Dallas' D to give.

They give up a lot of opposing points but seem to get a lot of sacks and turnovers and such to make up for it.

Certainly not a #1 defense but a solid #2. Anyone have a better back-up RB than I currently have to give for that?

ALSO: I seem to be very erratic at this game. This week I was good! Others, not so much.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #103 on: November 04, 2008, 09:40:56 pm »

I could use a decent QB if anybody's got one to trade.

Anybody else notice that the highest scoring team (918) is at the (almost) bottom of the standings.  That's some bad luck.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #104 on: November 04, 2008, 09:49:49 pm »

You ain't whistling Dixie, bub.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Up