Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: GOP Festival 2008!  (Read 18891 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: GOP Festival 2008!
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2008, 11:22:52 pm »

That's all right, LFM, I'll sneak you some... I'm an enabler like that.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: GOP Festival 2008!
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2008, 04:38:46 pm »

C'mon JL. Just writing the way he does makes a case for going the opposite of all that bile stuff.


And lord knows there are no bulging eyed, throbbing veined, flop sweating, looney-eyed raving maniacs out there advocating on behalf of the right wing.  So vote with your genitals instead of your intellect.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: GOP Festival 2008!
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2008, 04:54:07 pm »

i had a dream last night that McCain changed his running mate to another random lady I had never heard of.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: GOP Festival 2008!
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2008, 05:15:49 pm »

In other news, Sarah Palin pretended to have a baby in order to cover her teenage daughter's pregnancy.  http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/8/30/121350/137

Turns out that whole argument is pretty much moot now:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080901/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_palin_daughter
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: GOP Festival 2008!
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2008, 05:23:10 pm »

Quote
I hardly think they aren't all gits, but I needed our resident one for an example.

But hey, thanks for taking an in house example and expanding it to throw some turds at me, councilor. It seems this season brings out the best in all of us.

I think he was saying that there are bile volcanoes on both sides. No turds were thrown.

Turd is possibly my least favorite word. EWW.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: GOP Festival 2008!
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2008, 05:26:08 pm »

Turns out that whole argument is pretty much moot now:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080901/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_palin_daughter

Yeah, this was not the way I predicted the rebuttal to come out. "No, my 17 year old daughter couldn't have given birth in April, because she's 5 months pregnant now!" Ohhh shiiiittt.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: GOP Festival 2008!
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2008, 05:35:45 pm »

So now we can get back to the real question which is what the hell kind of a name is Bristol?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: GOP Festival 2008!
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2008, 05:37:05 pm »

Yeah, pretty much.  

I have to say that I wasn't convinced by the web site I saw.  I have known women who showed less on subsequent pregnancies than they did on their earlier ones.  And fit women, especially runners, often don't "show" until much, much later.  I knew a woman who was a competitive ballroom dancer (I worked for her husband) and she competed until just a couple of weeks before she gave birth.  She never wore maternity clothes, either.  It's enough to make you sick, practically, but it happens.  

@ wombat: Bristol is a perfectly good name.  It's every bit as good as Moxie CrimeFighter. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: GOP Festival 2008!
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2008, 06:26:09 pm »

I hardly think they aren't all gits, but I needed our resident one for an example.

But hey, thanks for taking an in house example and expanding it to throw some turds at me, councilor. It seems this season brings out the best in all of us.


Those turds weren't thrown at you.

Also -- pet peeve:  councilor = one who is a member of a council, e.g. a city councilor.  Counselor = one who provide counsel, e.g. an attorney.

That pedantic turd was thrown at you.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: GOP Festival 2008!
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2008, 07:23:44 pm »

Turd blossom!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: GOP Festival 2008!
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2008, 07:56:36 pm »

Haha. "On a very special episode... of Turd Blossom."
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: GOP Festival 2008!
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2008, 08:35:44 pm »

The Awesome Turd Blossom is my favorite thing to eat at Outback Steakhouse.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: GOP Festival 2008!
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2008, 10:47:29 pm »

My great-grandma used to make those at the Shithouse Out Back...
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: GOP Festival 2008!
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2008, 01:54:13 am »

Well, not as awesome as the backroom discussion where McCain has to go all "Chinatown" to clear up the various parentages so that they got their stories straight.

"He's my son!"

"He's my grandson!"

"He's my son!"
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: GOP Festival 2008!
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2008, 01:49:31 pm »

Quote
"Our governor is going to be vice president, and we still don't have an Olive Garden.''
--Alaskan Kerry Baranou, bemoaning the local dining choices while celebrating the prospect of Sarah Palin going to the White House, in Sunday's New York Times.

That is awesome

There would seem to be an opportunity here for Obama to pick up some votes. "Abortions for some, Olive Gardens for others."
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up