Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Cool sex  (Read 11926 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Cool sex
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2008, 09:59:16 am »

Mr. West once again succinctly summarises my feelings.

Boobs are a bit over-focussed on though. My housemate always seems to describe female attractiveness in terms of boob size and I just can't get into it. There's certainly a point where boobs are too big for my liking.
We were discussing a female I was attracted to who was of the spunky, petite variety and he said he didn't understand how I found her attractive because she 'looked like a 12 year old boy' to which I had no articulatable response. I mean seriously? Maybe this is a result of a general over emphasis on subtlety and nuance on my part (as in liking it, not necessarily being able to produce it) but I've always enjoyed ladies who aren't as well endowed but are more... lithe I think would be a good word?

Summary: I like boobs but I don't want to mack on something the size of my head.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 02:29:43 pm by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Cool sex
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2008, 02:23:30 pm »

AW is wise.  I've long wished there was a way to tell a strange woman she's attractive without seeming creepy or offensive (or having her be drunk).
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Cool sex
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2008, 02:29:53 pm »

AW is wise.  I've long wished there was a way to tell a strange woman she's attractive without seeming creepy or offensive (or having her be drunk).

I propose we make the official non-creepy way to do this to be "pointing at the girl with finger-guns from both hands and making a Fonzie-like 'Eyyyyyyyyy!' sound."

Disclaimer: may actually be creepy.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Cool sex
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2008, 02:49:51 pm »

I propose we make the official non-creepy way to do this to be "pointing at the girl with finger-guns from both hands and making a Fonzie-like 'Eyyyyyyyyy!' sound."

Kind of like this?


Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Cool sex
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2008, 03:34:00 pm »

Why do they look like they're from a Star Trek episode with no budget at all?

Was this a conscious costuming choice?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Cool sex
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2008, 03:49:49 pm »

I forget sometimes that not everyone watches kids' TV.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Cool sex
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2008, 03:51:17 pm »

Kind of like this?


See? What's not to like about that?
Logged

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Cool sex
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2008, 04:22:23 pm »

I feel very attractive all of a sudden.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Cool sex
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2008, 05:28:13 pm »

Actually, part of why the Wiggles always pose like that, particularly when having pictures taken with little kids, is so that there is no question about where their hands are.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Cool sex
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2008, 09:03:03 pm »

Doc--

I, too, do not really get that whole deal.
My friends make fun of me for such as:

"I think Laura is really cute... don't you just love her nose?"
"Rachel just has such beautiful hair, you know?"

Luckily, I think hair is a thing you can compliment girls on without being creepy? Hopefully?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Cool sex
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2008, 09:29:08 pm »

yes.

I think until I overdo it, they will think it is not at all related to wanting to smooch them.

Whereas "you have a beautiful body" is very similar to "I would like to f*** you, I would f*** you for hours."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Cool sex
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2008, 11:32:43 pm »

Luckily, I think hair is a thing you can compliment girls on without being creepy? Hopefully?

I think it is a thing you can think is beautiful (I had a really weird experience a little while ago sitting behind someone on a bus and thinking their hair and the the kind of odd angle of their profile I could see was really pretty and then was very embarrassed when they turned around and it was a friend of mine and I hadn't realised because they'd just had a haircut) but I'm not sure it's something I would compliment someone on, at least not as an opening line. Seems just slightly odd.
Maybe 'I like your hair' but not 'your hair is beautiful' because that basically sounds like 'I would like to fuck your hair, I would fuck it for hours.'
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Cool sex
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2008, 11:39:51 pm »

Don't judge my kink man.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Cool sex
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2008, 07:06:37 am »

I would not be rude if I said to a smart person "Hey, you've got a brilliant mind."  Why is it wrong to say (or think, or imply by ogling) "Hey, you've got a beautiful body?"

I know that this is not the scenario you're talking about but bear with me here, cause this one goes all the way around:  I think either of these statements, if said to a total stranger, is creepy in its over familiarity, and that it takes time and a foundation of understanding before one's opinions of another aren't based on untested assumptions.  It's about healthy boundaries.  At a certain point in knowing someone, platonically or otherwise, it becomes okay to have emotional intimacy, and conveniently enough, this time often comes ones you've figured out the persons nature and sensabilities, where as, if I see a hot lady in the locker room who I've never met before and say " I really admire your breasts" that is not appropriate or healthy behavior.  When you look at kids with FASD for example, these kids have a total lack of boundaries, which often makes them incredibly loveable - they'll slather you with compliments, and both ask and assert intimate things about a person they've just met.  This seems all well and good, but then kids with this disorder have a staggeringly higher rate of being sexually exploited.  Due to the same lack of boundaries.

So we have the one scenario, which is a "you don't know me, you don't have the right to cross that line" thing.

Then there's the other one.

What I'm coming around to is this: once you know someone well enough to say you actually care about them (platonically or otherwise) you should be able to compliment them on any aspect of who they are, but damn if this isn't always possible.  You can know a lady, know her really well, have a caring friendship (or more) with her, and say something genuine about why you appreciate her.  The thing you say may be complimentary to her physical appearance, or sometimes even her mind, and that woman might be glad for it or instead be hurt by it, get upset and not be okay with that.  Why?  Lots of ladies have dealt with a lifetime, or even generational damage.  She may have had a mom, a boyfriend, a brother, a teacher, whoever, who shoved a hot poker right into the core of her self esteem.  Which is often, when it comes to ladies, rooted in an attack on her physical appearance.  Many ladies walk around with a perminant sore spot that may be even too painful or too deep to even acknowledge, that has cause them to be off kilter with boundaries in the other direction.  Where some ladies struggle against letting kindness in, and where kind words can even hurt like a slap in the face.  That Bruce Springsteen song "Secret Garden" touches on it really well.  There are certain places within some women, that they may never be able to allow a man to access, even if he is indeed kind, loving and everything wonderful.  You can be (and I know many of you guys are) genuine and true and lovely,  but in a situation as immediately as her last or current relationship with someone else, a women can totally hate a part of herself so much that she'll hate you for loving it.  Or in a situation as far away as her great grandmother's generation, something horrible might have happened to women in her family, done to a woman by a man in a time where a woman was a piece of property, and beating the shit out of her, raping her, whatever, was allowable.  Then that great grandmother bread a distrust of all men into her daughter, who passed it on to her daughter, who passed it on to the beautiful woman in front of you.

It is the wreckage of gender. Like race, it's the rigid divides and all the crap that came with it that makes it hard for people on both sides to now know how to start again.  In North America, I believe we live in a time of hope, because we're a ruling generation beyond starting to see those divides as false now.  This isn't to say crimes based on gender and race aren't happening as I write this, but really, really, I think we're coming to a point within history where we're actually acknowledge arbitrary divides as arbitrary and that's exciting to me.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up