Rose does not have a brain tumor, which is good. Apparently she has meningitis, although we are not sure what kind because of the holiday and not having the labwork back yet. She may already be on the right meds for that, or we might have to add another. Vet said 75% of dogs completely recover although he may have been exaggerrating since I presented as the kind of person who was positive her dog was about to die of a brain tumor.
She is doing fine, knock on wood, except for some little agitated episodes in the middle of the night - no full blown seizures. And except for scratching her shaved parts till they bled, so I had to go back to the vet for another medication for that.
I am doing worse than her, of course, because I have been sleeping terribly and also, dogs don't worry. Oh yeah, and dogs don't pay the vet bills. She had an MRI and a spinal tap. They gave us a disk with the MRI on it. so the Technical Staff felt he got a little more of his money's worth, getting to see the inside of the dog's head himself.