Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I got mad about Robert Fripp's "music" again. I need to go to bed.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 104   Go Down

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread  (Read 220706 times)

0 Members and 42 Guests are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #345 on: February 10, 2010, 10:04:50 pm »

She takes a picture for 200 days.

Whats remarkable to me is that she has a different outfit every time.  If I did this it would show a cycling of 5-ish different looks with gray slowly creeping up my temples.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #346 on: February 10, 2010, 10:23:54 pm »

She takes a picture for 200 days.

Whats remarkable to me is that she has a different outfit every time.  If I did this it would show a cycling of 5-ish different looks with gray slowly creeping up my temples.

daily mug shot
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 05:36:26 am by greenkoolayd »
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #347 on: February 10, 2010, 10:33:39 pm »

Here's one over a similar time period, with far more dramatic changes.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #348 on: February 11, 2010, 12:36:05 am »

just in case you didnt feel like sleeping tonight:

dolph lundgren
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #349 on: February 11, 2010, 03:09:58 am »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #350 on: February 11, 2010, 05:39:50 am »

Say Nope to Dope

so crack is way more addictive than coke?  i thought it was just cheaper.....
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #351 on: February 11, 2010, 05:48:30 am »

Ah, cocaine... the rich person's meth.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #352 on: February 11, 2010, 05:59:28 am »

my understanding is that crack is way worse in every way.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #353 on: February 11, 2010, 06:07:17 am »

Except for in the getting you high way.

You get way higher, but it last way shorter (like 10 min instead of 30-45, but still), then you have to do more, then you are addicted quicker.

Well, I am not addicted, nor have I ever been, to crack, so who knows, that is my guess from a former heavy casual/ lightly addicted cocaine user.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #354 on: February 11, 2010, 09:18:57 am »

My understanding is that it's a delivery mechanism thing, you snort coke you're putting powdered cocaine up your nasal/upper respiratory mucus membranes and probably absorbing most of it there, which is better than through the gut for instance but not incredible and you're probably going to end up with a lot that is absorbed inefficiently or not at all as a function of how fine you cut it. It would also have to make it's way back to the heart before you got a systemic effect, which wouldn't take long but it is a factor.

Smoking crack you basically vaporise it and it gets right into your lungs. In addition because it's vaporised probably crosses into the blood stream much more efficiently than snorted coke would, oxygen (and anything else) absorbed in the lungs also goes immediately to the heart so you get an immediate systemic distribution. So less wastage and faster absorption into the systemic circulation.

This is all just hand waving based on what I know about legal drug delivery mechanisms though.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #355 on: February 11, 2010, 09:55:20 pm »

Yay, med school!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #356 on: February 12, 2010, 01:30:32 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNYZH9kuaYM

A short history of nearly everything presented via the medium of paper, pen and the Can-Can.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #357 on: February 12, 2010, 05:11:07 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNYZH9kuaYM

A short history of nearly everything presented via the medium of paper, pen and the Can-Can.

that was rather brilliant.  my favorite part: when the t-tex gets the business end of the stego's tail right in the trainyard.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #358 on: February 12, 2010, 08:01:00 am »

Quote from: greenkoolayd
the t-tex gets the business end of the stego's tail right in the trainyard.

and, man, who needs TT when you got T-Tex? Trother, you guessed... I'm a tude.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #359 on: February 12, 2010, 10:43:49 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNYZH9kuaYM

A short history of nearly everything presented via the medium of paper, pen and the Can-Can.

YES.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 104   Go Up