Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread  (Read 11860 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2009, 12:54:32 pm »

if demitri martin plays beef I will boycott.

i find him occasionally funny, but also resent him.

I see The Tenmen as being more like... The Soft Pack (formerly the Muslims):
covering my favorite Cure song here
and here doing their best original song. the video is kind of horrible.

I really like Demetri Martin, and think that video is amazing.  Also that band.  Usually I check out the bands you mention and this is the best one yet.

Also, I love that all of their videos on youtube have muslims and christians arguing.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2009, 04:07:12 pm »

I'm concerned with how much will be lost in translation from cartoon cats to live-action humans, particularly the violence. A cartoon cat ripping another cartoon cat's face off is funny, but with humans it suddenly becomes horrifying.

For some reason, I am reminded of the old Monty Python sketch where they spoof a Peckinpah movie, which starts as a lovely Victorian outing in the park but descends into everyone's hands and arms being severed and blood spouting everywhere.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2009, 04:35:06 pm »

People, it is obvious that Ray can only be played by LL Cool J or Tone Loc

that is all
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2009, 05:52:56 pm »

Quote from: El Jefe
Kadeem Hardison should play Roast Beef
Amen. 

Oh!  The guy who played Dwayne Wayne in that Cosby show spinoff.  Yeah, that would work.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2009, 10:29:12 pm »

No!

NO!!!

Go lay down... gooolaaaaaaydoooooown.

Bad.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2009, 03:04:13 am »

jack black and kyle gass as ray and beef

no but seriously now

what about craig robinson as ray and d.j. qualls as beef

oh and i love paul rudd as teodor. top that off with john c. reilly as lyle (shh, just picture it for a minute) and tom wilkinson as cornelius


if ben stiller or drew barrymore is involved with this picture i will kill something cute
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2009, 07:12:47 am »

For some reason, I am reminded of the old Monty Python sketch where they spoof a Peckinpah movie, which starts as a lovely Victorian outing in the park but descends into everyone's hands and arms being severed and blood spouting everywhere.

I say!  Anyone for tennis?
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2009, 06:00:04 am »

Judah Friedlander as Lyle?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2009, 06:04:44 am »

miles you win an internet for that
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2009, 06:26:45 am »

Totally the glasses. Plus his 30 Rock character's grossness and addiction to porn.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2009, 07:49:59 pm »

I... I  have another idea for Roast Beef. For the people who don't like Demetri Martin. How about Garret Dillahunt?

oh please no not the belt
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2009, 09:31:28 pm »

This is what the man says about this, from the Assbar. (I think as only a small quote from a very long thread, this is a case of fair use and what's more a good advertisement for what you would get for your $2.99 a month.)

Quote
Ray? I like Jack Black. Ramses? I like Chris Cooper. Latino Health Crisis? I like Danny Trejo. Beef? I still wish Steve Buscemi was only 18. He would nail that part to the wall. Or wait, no. I guess there's that Michael Cera dude, but he needs some beatings before he can be Beef.

I think I never heard of any of these people either, except I have seen Jack Black in ads for movies and the idea makes me want to cry almost as bad as Demetri Martin. Can someone suggest a good Jack Black movie so I can prepare myself in case this comes to pass?


Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2009, 09:50:22 pm »

Shit, I was trying to remember Danny Trejo's name. Yeah, that's be perfect. Those other ones, though? I dunno. Why does he want Roast Beef to be 18? I thought he was in his early 30's.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2009, 09:51:55 pm »

Re: Jack Black: The Jackal? High Fidelity? School of Rock I kind of liked.

Yes the man is fat and gregarious and chill but in a completely non-Ray way. I have no real suggestions, either. So I guess I'm not really helping...A younger Bill Murray, perhaps.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2009, 09:55:08 pm »

Steve Buscemi hasn't been 18 since 1975.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up