Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Making money from art is not vulgar. Art is a commodity. It makes people feel something. It raises the greater sum of human happiness. It increases the gaiety of the nation. It has a value. -John Allison

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Raise your hand if you are uncircumcised  (Read 15271 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Raise your hand if you are uncircumcised
« on: March 04, 2009, 12:22:49 am »

::sits quietly::
Logged
ACHIEVE

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Raise your hand if you are uncircumcised
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 12:33:20 am »

My son is uncircumcised, and I'm the one who decided to leave him that way.  Does that count for anything? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Raise your hand if you are uncircumcised
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 12:36:55 am »

I am the oldest of three boys. I and the middle brother are cut, the youngest is not. When I asked my dad why, he said "We saw how much it caused you and your brother, and we decided not to put him through that."

Thanks, dad.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Raise your hand if you are uncircumcised
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 05:08:44 am »

My mucus membrane is well ensheathed and that's how I likes it.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Raise your hand if you are uncircumcised
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 05:10:31 am »

I got around without a "hat" as it was the style at the time.
Logged

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Raise your hand if you are uncircumcised
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 10:39:33 am »

We don't really do that so much over here.

Lucky for me, I guess. It seems a bit backward to me to chop bits off your kids just because. I think I'd harbour a vague grudge if my parents had decided they had the right to do that.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Raise your hand if you are uncircumcised
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 02:10:41 pm »

Is the trend moving towards non circumcision?  That'll be cool 'cause it'll give the kids something new they can modify when they become adults.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Raise your hand if you are uncircumcised
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 02:37:53 pm »

We don't really do that so much over here.

Lucky for me, I guess. It seems a bit backward to me to chop bits off your kids just because. I think I'd harbour a vague grudge if my parents had decided they had the right to do that.

That's kind of how I felt about it. 

When Pedro told his dad we'd decided not to circumcise Little P's, uh...little P, his dad basically said, "Yeah, if I had it to do over again I wouldn't have done it to you boys, either.  Sorry I cut your dick, son." 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Raise your hand if you are uncircumcised
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 03:19:06 pm »

I'm cut, my boy isn't.  The hospital didn't exactly advocate circumcision, but they sure kept asking us about it.  I get the occasional query from a family member, most of whom give the "what if he notices you and he are different?" take.  I have no idea what that's supposed to mean.  Surely the fact that I'm (currently) immensely taller, fatter, moley, and hairy is of more notice.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Raise your hand if you are uncircumcised
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 04:04:37 pm »

They were really good about it at the hospital.  They asked once, when we checked in, wrote it on the chart, and left us alone. 

Family was mostly supportive, but my sister-in-law said she wouldn't change his diaper because of the foreskin issue.  Creeped her out.  That lasted about a week.  Now she babysits on Wednesday nights and takes him to the potty, gives him his bath, etc.  I think it's just a matter of what you're used to seeing. 

My friend has had both cut and uncut men as lovers, and she claims there's virtually no difference in appearance or sensation (for the woman, at least) once the soldier is standing at attention. 

Makes sense, when you think about it. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Raise your hand if you are uncircumcised
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 09:22:31 pm »

I got circumcised because god does not like foreskin.  He fuckin' hates it.  You just try to get into heaven with that shit.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Raise your hand if you are uncircumcised
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 09:53:02 pm »

Exactly. Why do you think it's St. Peter watches the gates?
Logged

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Raise your hand if you are uncircumcised
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2009, 10:07:11 pm »

I think if I had one, my OCD would lead me to get rid of it. If that doesn't make sense, just think of eyelids getting flipped inside out. That is how I imagine I would feel if I had a foreskin. I'm sure it's fine for normal people, though.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Raise your hand if you are uncircumcised
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2009, 12:45:50 am »

Speaking dogmatically, I think for the Jews (observant ones among us should feel free to clarify) it was a sign of the Covenant between their tribe and the Deity.  For Christians, Christ is the New Covenant and the rite of communion is the sign of that covenant, therefore circumcision is unnecessary.  Also, it undoubtedly makes converting heathens easier if you don't threaten their willies with mutilation as a price to join the cool crew.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Raise your hand if you are uncircumcised
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2009, 02:46:10 am »

Yeah, can imagine doing that shit as an adult?
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up