Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There’s no Day for apologizing to our parents for all the stupid shit we put them through. Perhaps because we never finish before they die.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: A Lean Pocket Cut on the Bias -- April 20, 2009  (Read 4714 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
A Lean Pocket Cut on the Bias -- April 20, 2009
« on: April 20, 2009, 12:55:12 pm »

So excellent.  Can anyone with better computer skills whomp up an application where we can rotate the panels like a slot machine so as to come up with random combinations of panels?

Cause that would be cool.

The coprophiliac fantasy buffet...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: A Lean Pocket Cut on the Bias -- April 20, 2009
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 12:58:27 pm »

I'm glad I didn't scan down the poem before I read it, it didn't even occur to me it would follow Beef's usual poetry slam format and I was the better for not knowing.
Would read again.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: A Lean Pocket Cut on the Bias -- April 20, 2009
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 01:19:38 pm »

Saturn guy in panel 2 looks too much like me for comfort.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: A Lean Pocket Cut on the Bias -- April 20, 2009
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 05:50:30 pm »

All voices of elders
Logged

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: A Lean Pocket Cut on the Bias -- April 20, 2009
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 06:51:00 pm »

I never glance ahead when I read things, because of pleasant surprises like this.

When I am buying a book, I only ever read the back cover if I'm trying to decide whether or not to read it; I figure, If I'm already going to read it, than why do I need it spoiled?

Wow, we got a fancy color strip without even a long wait. Did he make a buffer?
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
Re: A Lean Pocket Cut on the Bias -- April 20, 2009
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 07:33:26 pm »

The coprophiliac fantasy buffet...

The coprophiliac fantasy buffet that uses taco shells.  The vivid word-picture this paints in my mind may the most horrifying thing I've encountered in weeks.  A big ol' sloppy taco, all filled to the brim with Pewp[tm] (vegan fantasy poop substitute, guaranteed safe for dad 'n' lad), garnished with chopped iceberg lettuce and hard , reddish tomato cubes.

Zesty!
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: A Lean Pocket Cut on the Bias -- April 20, 2009
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 08:15:05 pm »

The thread title reminded me of a news story I heard this morning: Police say man stole chicken wings and Hot Pockets. The newscaster's obvious question was, what were they doing with $82 worth of Hot Pockets to begin with?

http://www.wtop.com/?sid=1651782&nid=456
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: A Lean Pocket Cut on the Bias -- April 20, 2009
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 08:59:58 pm »

The thread title reminded me of a news story I heard this morning: Police say man stole chicken wings and Hot Pockets. The newscaster's obvious question was, what were they doing with $82 worth of Hot Pockets to begin with?

wow, that is the saddest thing on many levels.

Also, Cap'n Squeakers is coming perilously close to committing fanfic, I think.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: A Lean Pocket Cut on the Bias -- April 20, 2009
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 09:21:21 pm »

The thread title reminded me of a news story I heard this morning: Police say man stole chicken wings and Hot Pockets. The newscaster's obvious question was, what were they doing with $82 worth of Hot Pockets to begin with?
Setting themselves up for 16 hours of gastrointestinal distress, I'd say.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: A Lean Pocket Cut on the Bias -- April 20, 2009
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 12:53:22 am »

Calling all Cars!  Calling all Cars!

Be on the lookout for Jim Gaffigan!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: A Lean Pocket Cut on the Bias -- April 20, 2009
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 12:56:16 am »

Calling all Cars!  Calling all Cars!

Be on the lookout for Jim Gaffigan!

Hooooot Pockets!
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: A Lean Pocket Cut on the Bias -- April 20, 2009
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2009, 02:33:12 am »

Meme Pockets.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: A Lean Pocket Cut on the Bias -- April 20, 2009
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2009, 09:07:18 pm »

Hooooot Pockets!

I'd rather have a failure pile in a sadness bowl, thanks.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: A Lean Pocket Cut on the Bias -- April 20, 2009
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2009, 08:25:37 am »

Patton Oswalt is frikkin' hilarious.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: A Lean Pocket Cut on the Bias -- April 20, 2009
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2009, 05:29:57 pm »

The coprophiliac fantasy buffet that uses taco shells.  The vivid word-picture this paints in my mind may the most horrifying thing I've encountered in weeks.  A big ol' sloppy taco, all filled to the brim with Pewp[tm] (vegan fantasy poop substitute, guaranteed safe for dad 'n' lad), garnished with chopped iceberg lettuce and hard , reddish tomato cubes.

Zesty!

Can'd for "Pewp[tm]" and "guaranteed safe for dad 'n' lad."  Although, would vegans need a poop substitute?  I am not aware of vegan rules for consuming waste products of living creatures.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up