Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

“Do what you love and the money will follow,” as they say, but I would add, “...but don’t do ONLY what you love until it generates adequate cash flow.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: National Lampoon's Choop Vacation  (Read 16592 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2003, 08:41:59 pm »

I have a frien who recently won the tag-team title belt in his indie wrestling league. I believe they are a cut above your average backyard wrestlers, given as my friend has done this for several years and has yet to contract tetanus, but I still wasn't sure what to say about the occasion. Do you congratulate someone for this?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2003, 03:14:33 am »

You must make sure their music plays whenever they enter or leave an area. Chanting their name is also expected.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2003, 05:56:28 am »

Duly noted. I'll get the boom box and groupies.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2003, 06:14:34 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Duly noted. I'll get the boom box and groupies.


Make sure that the groupies realize that you are referring to a wrestling tag team, as opposed to Tag Team, the Atlanta superstars that brought us such compelling smash hits as Whoomp! (There It Is) and Addams Family (Whoomp) - the latter of which was on the goddamned in-house music when I had that toy store job in the mall.

Over and over again.

Whoomp! Addams Fam-uh-lee

For my masters thesis I am going to track down every single remix of Whoomp! (There It Is) and well that's about it really, I sort of coast on charm
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2003, 03:57:04 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"

I sort of coast on charm


The scary thing... It even comes across in writing.
Hell, I'm so charmed I want to read the thesis, despite not actually knowing anything of this Whoomp malarky.
I'm guessing that, too, is a good thing.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2003, 06:44:17 pm »

The entire idea of a thesis based on all the different remixes of "Whoomp!" gives me a warm and fuzzy. It reminds me of PCU, which was not precisely a good movie, but...
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2003, 06:49:56 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
despite not actually knowing anything of this Whoomp malarky.


Never suggest that you might be uninformed to someone who works reference. I will give you the information:

Did you know that a Google image search for "Whoomp! (There It Is)" retrieves, as its second most relevant result, a picture of a man holding his own dick? Hey, good job, guy! Why yes, it is hosted on Geocities!

Did you know that Tag Team actually resorted to ripping themselves off, releasing no less than five unloved "sequels" to "Whoomp! (There It Is)"?

Um, that's about as far as I got. I guess there's not a lot of overlap between "people with websites" and "people who still listen to fuck*ng Tag Team in this day and age"
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2003, 08:19:37 pm »

::raises hand::

I have that mp3. But only for humor value, I swear. Like Vanilla Ice or the A-Team music.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2003, 11:24:21 pm »

There's a party over here
a party over there
Wave your hands in the air
Shake the deriere
These three words mean you're gettin' busy
Whoomp there it is
whoomp there it is


<><><><><>

How is that not four words?
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2003, 12:33:19 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

I have that mp3. But only for humor value, I swear. Like Vanilla Ice or the A-Team music.


OK. The ATeam music is humour value, Vanilla Ice is just the Satanic, ripping pain that sears through your flesh as your soul is torn from your flaccid, eviscerated body.
No excuses...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2003, 02:38:22 am »

Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2003, 03:55:40 am »

Choop, you look exactly as I would expect.

That last photo showing gigantic balls is particularly nice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2003, 06:00:00 am »

Wow, Choop, you look oddly familiar.  I think you must look like someone I used to know, but can't place.  

Jough's right about the gigantic balls.  Jee-hosephat.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2003, 12:39:38 pm »

Wait... Are you the blonde one or the guy who looks like a 7 foot tall Elvis?
I'm confused!

No, I agree with JL, that you look familiar for some reason.
I'm beginning to think you're just one of those guys who looks familiar to people who've never met you.
Hey, it happens...

Oh, and is that some woman who gets paid to sit atop gigantic balls all day? Or did they cheap out and get a fake?
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2003, 08:51:30 pm »

Choop looks like what would happen if one of the guys I knew in high school cleaned up his act when he grew up. This is all.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up