Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wine: Keep a red and a white on hand at all times. When choosing wines on the wine aisle, use this simple rhyme to make your selection: “Closer to the floor, is meant for the poor / closer to the lights, is more like for if Bono comes over.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: National Lampoon's Choop Vacation  (Read 16600 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2003, 10:05:08 pm »

I'm the blond guy. Apparently a lot of people think they've seen me before, though, even this one bartender in the Bellagio.

Me: "Hey, how are ya. How 'bout a--"
Him: "Hey, man! How you doin'! How the f*ck you been!?"
Me: "Uh... fine, winning, and you?"
Him: "Been good man. It's been a long time, huh!"
Me: [stares, confused]
Him: "This ain't your first time here, is it?"
Me: "Yeah, sure is."
Him: "Oh, I coulda sworn I knew you." [walks away]
Me: "...bloody mary?"

Yes, he pronounced the asterisk in f*ck. I didn't even know it was possible.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2003, 10:14:44 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"

Yes, he pronounced the asterisk in f*ck. I didn't even know it was possible.


I get that, but only when I'm with one particular friend of mine.
It's like collective familiarity.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2003, 12:54:42 am »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"

Yes, he pronounced the asterisk in f*ck. I didn't even know it was possible.


I like how on Boxes of Pornography they will actually use this demure, asterisk-enabled variation on One Of My Very Favorite Words, all the while proudly displaying in overexposed glossy people who can't even do algebra putting Moist Things Into Moist Holes, etc.

It really adds that touch of class to any prospective rental / purchase that you just can't buy for any price.

EDIT: I always thought it was pronounced fsssk or alternatively, depending on the company, fnnnnk, that last batch of consonants like a straining stutterer
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2003, 07:38:22 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"

I like how on Boxes of Pornography they will actually use this demure, asterisk-enabled variation on One Of My Very Favorite Words, all the while proudly displaying in overexposed glossy people who can't even do algebra putting Moist Things Into Moist Holes, etc.

It took me a minute to fully parse "Boxes of Pornography"; my first image was a sort of large, immaculately-labelled file box, such as might be found in a suburban home office or study, stuffed with porn of all flavors.

I think I like my initial image better.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2003, 09:51:40 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
I like how on Boxes of Pornography...


There's nothing on this earth like a man who knows his porn.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2003, 10:41:02 pm »

My own Vegas trip is now completed as well.  Didn't eat at anywhere so nice as Picasso; having a six-month old puts a damper on that kind of thing.  But the buffet at Paris is fuck*ng awesome, at breakfast time anyway.

Our baby is so freaking cute.  Seemed like everyone in Vegas freaked out over her.  

Gambling did not go well.  Here was the pattern at blackjack:  win two hands, bump my bet up a little, double down to a 20, then the dealer would turn over 12-16 and draw to 21.  I swear that happened a half-dozen times.

I did play poker, though, and it was crazy fun.  On the second hand, I got pocket aces, and went on to win a $30-ish pot (this was a $1-$3 table).  "I LIKE poker," I said.  I was up $40 at one point, then got too cocky and bet too aggressively.  Still, I finished ahead, and got valuable experience for next time.

Full report to come on my blog later in the week.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2003, 02:22:54 am »

I'm headed to Vegas this weekend.  Good to know what works and what doesn't.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2003, 02:48:54 pm »

My much too long and detailed Vegas trip summary is up.
http://www.bigfool.com/vegas_03.htm

If you're expecting tales of hookers and debauchery, skip it.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2003, 03:18:25 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"

If you're expecting tales of hookers and debauchery, skip it.


Not from anyone on this forum no...

It is like a mundane version of Fear and Loathing. I quite like it!
I have to wonder about you calling your kid Bean though. Is it evil or just what you call her online?
I guess it depends on surname. And I'm not one to talk!
Anyway, sounded like good stuff. I hope to do Vegas sometime, in a Cadillac with lots of drugs...
But then I want to see New Zealand and South America, and China and Tibet, and go to Japan, and see Ankhor Watt, and loads of other stunning places. So it's all about priorities I guess.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2003, 03:31:57 pm »

"Bean" is just a nickname.  Early in the pregnancy, we read something on Baby Center which said "At the moment, she's the size of a lima bean."  So she became "our lima bean," which evolved into just Bean.

Lately I've been calling her Lizard, but that didn't seem quite as nice for the Vegas story.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

V-Adore

  • Guest
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2003, 05:09:18 pm »

Just to chime in: what a cute baby!
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2003, 06:55:25 pm »

Cute indeed. That shot of her sleeping on the bed was priceless.  Nice pink hat, too.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2003, 08:27:15 pm »

Shucky darn and slop the hogs, you weren't kidding about those rodeo finals.  The Flamingo felt like Urban Cowboy on acid this weekend.

Or something else...cowboy-related...on, er, acid.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2003, 02:36:19 pm »

Nothing like a tropical paradise complete with bales of hay and a big plastic cow, eh?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2003, 04:59:35 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Nothing like a tropical paradise complete with bales of hay and a big plastic cow, eh?


No shit.  Also, men with stunning satin jackets from Ralston's Cattle Supplies, escorting faaaaahn ladies in their multi-colored lamb-fleece coats.  It was great to just sit back and spectate.*

* A new verb I picked up from a guy at the craps table: "Are you playing?" "No, I'm just spectatin.'"   Excellent.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up