Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Irish Nachos are a charming take on the original, but I wonder what Uighur Nachos would be like. A mutton leg on a crisped pita?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 2009-06-10 Advanced pleasure machinery  (Read 9392 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
2009-06-10 Advanced pleasure machinery
« on: June 10, 2009, 10:11:44 pm »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06102009

Where did the sheep get that fabulous hat?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-06-10 Advanced pleasure machinery
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 10:24:49 pm »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06102009

Where did the sheep get that fabulous hat?

I don't know but she is workin' it
Logged

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-06-10 Advanced pleasure machinery
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 11:52:34 pm »

And here I thought "unbidden mittens" was the correct thread title, or at least a New Wave band from Austin.
Logged

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-06-10 Advanced pleasure machinery
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 12:11:23 am »

Ha. This one brought the funny; I am glad the poorly-drawn sheep from the last strip made a return in the service of chuckles.  But it is still undetermined: is the poncho still magic now that is has lost its tag?  Wait for several days and maybe find out!!!
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-06-10 Advanced pleasure machinery
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 12:41:28 am »

I had kind of forgotten that this messageboard is about a comic, but OK, this was worth waiting for.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-06-10 Advanced pleasure machinery
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 01:36:01 am »

...but do they call you Iorwerth the wall builder?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 2009-06-10 Advanced pleasure machinery
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 03:32:38 am »

So... wait... I'm adrift here.

Is the suggestion that the dead Welch talking cat wants to fuck that sheep?

Is it... less beastiality for a talking cat to fuck a sheep or is sentience v. non-sentience the beastiality line?

I'm adrift on the issue.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-06-10 Advanced pleasure machinery
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 03:48:32 am »

My favorite line is Ray's "Well, we got a major benefit in that I don't give a damn about any of that."
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-06-10 Advanced pleasure machinery
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 04:01:25 am »

My favorite line is Ray's "Well, we got a major benefit in that I don't give a damn about any of that."

Mine too.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-06-10 Advanced pleasure machinery
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 04:32:54 am »

I don't think sentience is the issue, I think the issue is that animals don't fuck*ng look like people. If you put Zooey Deschanel's brain in a sheep, I would not want to fuck that sheep. Because it would still look like a sheep. But we could be best friends and fight crime and have adventures. And Zooey would be all like, "I can no longer play ukelele with my new ungulated hooves! I am sad!" And I would be all like, "There, there. I will play the ukelele and you can sing along."
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-06-10 Advanced pleasure machinery
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 07:34:47 am »

I don't think sentience is the issue, I think the issue is that animals don't fuck*ng look like people. If you put Zooey Deschanel's brain in a sheep, I would not want to fuck that sheep. Because it would still look like a sheep. But we could be best friends and fight crime and have adventures. And Zooey would be all like, "I can no longer play ukelele with my new ungulated hooves! I am sad!" And I would be all like, "There, there. I will play the ukelele and you can sing along."

So then the trouble for Ray is that a sheep is not a cat?  But in this world, cats mix freely with alive stuffed bears and tigers and otters.  So your postulate ---{shut the hell up, DICK}---.  Oh yeah, sorry.

On another note, I was joking today to friends who like the Decemberists (I am tepid) that I'll only really be impressed if they made an album based on the current Achewood storyline.  I even mocked up a couplet based on the last frame to get the thesaurus-happy party started:

"How you have spurned my poncho charity / Dally with beasts and draw my asperity"

I'm aware that this is dangerously close to fanfic, so am putting down the tongs and backing away now.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 2009-06-10 Advanced pleasure machinery
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 08:27:40 am »

So Zooey Deschanel's body with a sheep's brain is significantly less abhorrent?

Is a large anthropomorphized cat really all that different from a sheep that has itself been somewhat anthropomorphized by Mexican magic?

Is it the gulf between a half-peopled cat and a quarter-peopled sheep all that much more than the gulf between Captain Kirk and the four-armed three-tittied green-skinned lady with antennae who got it on every other week with very little word of the squickiness?

Just trying to sort out the actual parameters of what we're talking about here. Are the lines hazier when all concerned are imaginary things?

Would Zooey say you were a baaaaaaaad boy? A very very baaaaaad boy?

(Thank God for rogue message boards.)
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: 2009-06-10 Advanced pleasure machinery
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2009, 09:12:37 am »

So... wait... I'm adrift here.

Is the suggestion that the dead Welsh talking cat wants to fuck that sheep?

Is it... less beastiality for a talking cat to fuck a sheep or is sentience v. non-sentience the beastiality line?

I'm adrift on the issue.

I've indicated the part of this that is significant.

The Welsh predilection for sheep is one of those powerful comedy commonplaces that resists this kind of questioning. If you need a visual illustration, try writing "THE WELSH LOVE SHAGGING SHEEP" on a piece of paper with wax crayon and then washing over it with thin paint.

Also I corrected your spelling, just because I was emboldening it.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 2009-06-10 Advanced pleasure machinery
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2009, 09:31:36 am »

Hm.

The comedy stereotypes I'D heard of for sheep fuck*ng was... the Greeks and New Zealanders.

So, like, Balki Bartokamous, Pappa Papadopolis and Peter Jackson three-teaming a sheep would make perfect comic sense to me. But Welsh?

I dunno. Maybe it's just my particular cultural background but, if the Welsh were considered separate of general British stereotypes at all, they MIGHT be stereotyped as... thrifty and incomprehensible? Sort of a Scottish stereotype, mostly, but sort of hazier, sort of half in the shadows of a campfire?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-06-10 Advanced pleasure machinery
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 10:43:24 am »

I've indicated the part of this that is significant.

The Welsh predilection for sheep is one of those powerful comedy commonplaces that resists this kind of questioning. If you need a visual illustration, try writing "THE WELSH LOVE SHAGGING SHEEP" on a piece of paper with wax crayon and then washing over it with thin paint.

Also I corrected your spelling, just because I was emboldening it.

I don't know what your problem is, that is a perfectly cromulant spelling.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up