Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Poll

Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?

Big Asshole
- 4 (30.8%)
Biggest Asshole
- 4 (30.8%)
Who?
- 5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13


Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?  (Read 16325 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2009, 12:34:19 pm »

Yay cultural ignorance! If they weren't cool when you were 19 who the hell cares about them!

Give me a break.  You sound sound like someone's grandpa.

Grandpas are a hell of a lot cooler than young people these days.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2009, 12:45:47 pm »

Grandpas are a hell of a lot cooler than young people these days.

Yeah!

Gol'durned whippersnapper!  Why, I'll take this onion offa my belt and then you'll be in for it...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2009, 01:17:59 pm »

I'm aware that Kenye had some popular songs like 8 years ago but I had no idea he was still around. Taylor Swift was #1 on eMusic's charts for like 2 straight months but I saw "country" by her name so I never clicked.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2009, 01:40:57 pm »

Of course our opinions about MTV are valid!  We were its target demo when "Video Killed the Radio Star" first rolled!
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2009, 02:04:27 pm »

It is entirely possible this whole event has been staged. Eight years of the Bush Administration has made me suspicious of everything I hear about.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2009, 02:11:17 pm »

Yay cultural ignorance! If they weren't cool when you were 19 who the hell cares about them!

I don't care about people who were cool when I was 19 either. Take that wombat-like zen, kiddo.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2009, 02:12:52 pm »

What a mockery. Dude wanted to plant a big asshole on stage and the production allowed him to do it. A standard human would have had six dudes pick him up and walk away with him, Kanye gets his time.

I'm applying wrestling logic* to this incident. Fans will occasionally jump the barricade at wrestling shows and try to interfere in matches. WWE and TNA policy is to ignore it and get the guy off camera ASAP. I once saw a guy jump the barricade and push over a ladder while Eddie Guerrero was on top of it in full view of the camera. The announcers said "It looks like Eddie lost his balance climbing and the ladder tipped over. I hope he's OK." We all saw the guy push the ladder on live TV but the announcers immediately claimed we didn't. You don't want to draw attention to the fan because it encourages others.

Thus if somebody jumps the barricade and the announcers acknowledge it you know it's staged and it will turn out out the "fan" was another wrestler in disguise or something. Since Kanye didn't get his mic cut and ushered off by security then this was planned. Twitter and FB both went apeshit when this happened and I'm guessing that didn't exactly hurt the ratings.


[edit: looks like a few of us were thinking the same thing]

*Oxymoron joke goes here.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2009, 02:18:37 pm »

Paul Anka: To stop those monsters 1-2-3,
Here's a fresh new way that's trouble-free,
It's got Paul Anka's guarantee...
Lisa: Guarantee void in Tennessee.
All: Just don't look! Just don't look!
Just don't look! Just don't look!
Just don't look! Just don't look!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2009, 03:35:17 pm »

I'm applying wrestling logic* to this incident. Fans will occasionally jump the barricade at wrestling shows and try to interfere in matches. WWE and TNA policy is to ignore it and get the guy off camera ASAP. I once saw a guy jump the barricade and push over a ladder while Eddie Guerrero was on top of it in full view of the camera. The announcers said "It looks like Eddie lost his balance climbing and the ladder tipped over. I hope he's OK." We all saw the guy push the ladder on live TV but the announcers immediately claimed we didn't. You don't want to draw attention to the fan because it encourages others.

Thus if somebody jumps the barricade and the announcers acknowledge it you know it's staged and it will turn out out the "fan" was another wrestler in disguise or something. Since Kanye didn't get his mic cut and ushered off by security then this was planned. Twitter and FB both went apeshit when this happened and I'm guessing that didn't exactly hurt the ratings.


[edit: looks like a few of us were thinking the same thing]

*Oxymoron joke goes here.

I'm just saying, in this recession, I'd prefer more bread and less circus.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2009, 04:19:12 pm »

...the celebrity on whom I have a crush...

dude, ew.  she looks like a small blond rodent. 

...Taylor Swift was #1 on eMusic's charts for like 2 straight months but I saw "country" by her name so I never clicked.

im glad you put country in quotes because she is to country music what KFC is to chicken.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2009, 04:30:24 pm »

she looks like a small blond rodent. 

You have a problem with that?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2009, 04:39:43 pm »

As one of my other-message-board friends put it, "Damn you, Kanye West, for actually making me feel sorry for Taylor Swift."

So very, very staged. Got us talking about the VMAs, eh?

Sorry, Kanye, Beyonce has a good video, but it is so NOT one of the greatest of all time.  Just, no.  Also, you can't sing, so stop trying.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2009, 04:41:48 pm »

thus the second seal has fallen

A quart of wheat for a clown's wages
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2009, 05:12:18 pm »

You have a problem with that?

so what if i do?  wanna fight about it?(technically, no)
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2009, 07:35:47 pm »

I voted who, but it wasn't a who are these people it was a who gives a fuck.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up