Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I once had the idea that, if only for a moment each night, everyone in the world was asleep at the same time. It made the world manageable.

Poll

Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?

Big Asshole
- 4 (30.8%)
Biggest Asshole
- 4 (30.8%)
Who?
- 5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13


Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?  (Read 16334 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2009, 09:50:37 pm »

...a flying fuck at a rolling donut...
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2009, 11:02:08 pm »

...a flying fuck at a rolling donut...

Take a flying fuck at the moooooon!
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2009, 11:42:51 pm »

Kanye West is an asshole because people not only allow him to be an asshole, they pay him to be an asshole.

If you give someone candy every time they push a button, expect the button to get pushed with frequency and vigor. If you start giving him less candy for "ordinary" button pushes, expect the button to be pushed with even more frequency and vigor.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2009, 11:45:18 pm »

Kanye West is an asshole because people not only allow him to be an asshole, they pay him to be an asshole.

If you give someone candy every time they push a button, expect the button to get pushed with frequency and vigor. If you start giving him less candy for "ordinary" button pushes, expect the button to be pushed with even more frequency and vigor.

Your corporate media giants at work.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2009, 01:16:26 am »

It is entirely possible this whole event has been staged. Eight years of the Bush Administration has made me suspicious of everything I hear about.

Obama Interrupted/Kanye Interrupting mashup

I've been hearing people say the same thing about Joe Wilson's outburst. That it was intended to distract from the actual issue at hand. Whether or not that was the case, it seems that it worked perfectly.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2009, 01:26:06 am »

Heyyyyy, Kanye's supposed to be on the new Jay Leno show tonight!  What an AMAZING coincidence!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2009, 02:41:32 am »

Yeah, having now actually watched it...

Fix. Definite fix.

Only thing standing against the idea that it was a fix was the country singer girl's reaction but...

I mean, some people are pretty good at that stuff.

A lot of these young phenom prefab pop stars have acting training early on, just in case they wanna cross-over that way and maximize profits for their terrifying parents.

Not outside of the realm.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2009, 02:49:09 am »

or like, she was not told for maximum effect.

"Hey Westie, this is swiftie's manager. yeah. the usual deal."
"shall I expect the usual price, at the usual place?"
"sure thing, westie. two douchey cardigans and a weird cravat-thing."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2009, 02:49:30 am »

Idk, he just broke down and cried and looked kind of pathetic and embarrassed on Leno just now.

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2009/09/14/kanye-west-tells-jay-leno-he-took-something-away-from-a-talented-artist-at-vmas/

"Then, in a particularly somber moment, Leno asked what West’s deceased mother would think about what he said to Swift. Suddenly, the normally outspoken rapper couldn’t speak – but his silence spoke volumes, so much that Leno attempted to break the uncomfortable pause by resting his hand on West’s knee."
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 02:55:20 am by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2009, 03:17:41 am »

Well, that WOULD be Kanye's actual reward for his involvement, wouldn't it?

A national stage to apologize for interrupting a wholly-meaningless and mostly-fixed awards show, somewhere between the People's Choice and the Golden Globes in terms of meaningless crapulence... and Leno gets people who aren't 85 to watch his opening show.

EVERYBODY won.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2009, 03:39:03 am »

Well, that WOULD be Kanye's actual reward for his involvement, wouldn't it?

A national stage to apologize for interrupting a wholly-meaningless and mostly-fixed awards show, somewhere between the People's Choice and the Golden Globes in terms of meaningless crapulence... and Leno gets people who aren't 85 to watch his opening show.

EVERYBODY won.

Even if it weren't fixed, I want to believe in a world where it is because conspiracies make sense.

It is much more reassuring to believe that all the shittiness of the world is because of malevolant orchestrations by powerful organizations for their own benefit; than to accept it is merely a combination of greed, stupidity, narcissism and incompetence.

I can't believe in a God but I can't not believe in Mammon. It would crush me too hard and I'd be forced to turn in my sentience and opposable thumbs in disgust, and go graze in the yard.


Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2009, 03:45:36 am »

Actually, though, it seems like a fix to me less because of my love of conspiracies (and I do, I love conspiracies, I could write about them forever because... exactly... they make more sense than real life) and more that... it just seems exactly like one of those storylines the WWF does where they're trying to make you think "okay, it's fake most of the time but THIS ONE'S REAL just this one time" and so on.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2009, 05:06:22 am »

Mass media defeated Andy Kaufman by becoming Andy Kaufman, just because they don't wink at the camera doesn't make it true.

I do know who Kanye West is, I don't know who the other lady is and I don't get MTV but this has been much more satisfying second hand.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2009, 06:07:23 am »

Mass media defeated Andy Kaufman by becoming Andy Kaufman...

Dude, you get a can for articulating what I was thinking.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Kanye West: Big Asshole or Biggest Asshole?
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2009, 12:16:43 pm »

Even if it weren't fixed, I want to believe in a world where it is because conspiracies make sense.

It is much more reassuring to believe that all the shittiness of the world is because of malevolant orchestrations by powerful organizations for their own benefit; than to accept it is merely a combination of greed, stupidity, narcissism and incompetence.

This is so true. I wish I weren't a conspiracy aetheist, it would be so comforting to be otherwise, but I just don't feel the faith.

I second Doc's vote - this thread is more interesting than the story it is about.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up