Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's Kim Jong-il Fact™: North Korean state media reports that Kim routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round. (Wikipedia)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: November 15, 2009 - A black freckle in his armpit  (Read 8552 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: November 15, 2009 - A black freckle in his armpit
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2009, 08:36:20 pm »

This comic reminded me that I am Roast Beef.

I liked this comic.

And it reminded me that I am Molly!
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
Re: November 15, 2009 - A black freckle in his armpit
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2009, 10:28:02 pm »

I, too, enjoyed this melancholic glimpse into the ordinary of Achewood. I liked it even more once I realized that the first three panels were not Onstad's primitive yet graphic rendition of Beef inserting his catwang into Molly's parts.  Until this realization I was living in a Cronenberg/furry nightmare world.
Logged

Chump Change

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 172
  • This is amazing!
    • View Profile
Re: November 15, 2009 - A black freckle in his armpit
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2009, 10:38:28 pm »

I, too, enjoyed this melancholic glimpse into the ordinary of Achewood. I liked it even more once I realized that the first three panels were not Onstad's primitive yet graphic rendition of Beef inserting his catwang into Molly's parts.  Until this realization I was living in a Cronenberg/furry nightmare world.

I thought I was the only one, so I didn't want to say anything!
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: November 15, 2009 - A black freckle in his armpit
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2009, 12:08:43 am »

I think that's kind of what he was going for.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: November 15, 2009 - A black freckle in his armpit
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2009, 03:14:32 am »

Oddly, this one reminded me of the fact that...

In most ways, I am Roast Beef, however in a few ways, I am assuredly Teodor.

I mean, yes, we should all get to be in a band. Life should not work in the manner where we do not get to live our dreams.

Boo to that.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: November 15, 2009 - A black freckle in his armpit
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2009, 05:12:10 am »

I mean, yes, we should all get to be in a band. Life should not work in the manner where we do not get to live our dreams.

Boo to that.

it wouldnt be so exciting if it was handed to you..... its important and a dream because you have to make it happen.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: November 15, 2009 - A black freckle in his armpit
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2009, 05:17:36 am »

how can I go to a school of 6000 or so people and not be able to find anyone who wants to be in a damn garage band with me? Everyone either says "yeah" and can only play the opening riff from Heartbreaker, or says yes but then is all like, "oh, this is in Bb, 5/4 time, you should play *complicated riff* in harmony with me, just move it up a flat 6th."
I am overstating. But come on people, be mediocre yet semi-competent on your instrument, and play stupid fun riffs with me. Don't want to start a free jazz band.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: November 15, 2009 - A black freckle in his armpit
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2009, 05:19:50 am »

I am overstating. But come on people, be mediocre yet semi-competent on your instrument, and play stupid fun riffs with me. Don't want to start a free jazz band.

you dont want to out-wank the mars volta?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: November 15, 2009 - A black freckle in his armpit
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2009, 05:23:47 am »

yeah, actually, really the problem is that when I try to play music with those people, I end up feeling bad because they have to explain things to me so many times.

I just want to play covers of like, Bo Diddley songs, or something.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: November 15, 2009 - A black freckle in his armpit
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2009, 05:32:11 am »

Teodor is not in a band because despite his arrogant posturing he just can't get it done when it's down to the wire.  Every project he's ever taken on he's fucked up.  A band, hell, he could have had a record out if he was worth a shit.  Ray gave him the keys to the studio and he abandoned the project because he couldn't figure out the console.  Remember how he dropped the ball on the food at Beef's wedding?  How about the time he couldn't even stay awake when his woman Penny came to visit.

Goddammit T get your act together!  Sorry, I'm seeing way too much of Teodor in my own life right now.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: November 15, 2009 - A black freckle in his armpit
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2009, 06:36:54 am »

Paul, I am on the same page as you and the Bear.

In retrospect, the last... eight or nine years of my life seem to be one long unending string of situations wherein I was handed the keys to destiny and, time after time, did not realize the fact until on reflection afterwards excepting a few cases wherein I knew what I was possibly getting into, decided that I would only embarass myself, and got out of dodge before I could humiliate myself in the effort.

I... need to be less like this.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: November 15, 2009 - A black freckle in his armpit
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2009, 06:47:28 am »

Christ, this comic turned everyone I know who read it today into Roast Beef.  This comic depressed more people than all of the Cure combined.  This comic is like the depression version of that one movie that makes everybody die.  Look at this thread!
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: November 15, 2009 - A black freckle in his armpit
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2009, 07:40:04 am »

Ironically, the cure for The Cure is Gyne-Lotrimin.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: November 15, 2009 - A black freckle in his armpit
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2009, 07:59:22 am »

The Cure made a lot of good music.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: November 15, 2009 - A black freckle in his armpit
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2009, 08:03:20 am »

this strip is the volvo of despair of webcomics
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up