Yeah, I acknowledge that this is not the kind of strip that is necessarily going to appeal to everyone here. I know that he takes a lot of inspiration from
Tom Beland, not in terms of art style but in terms of the type of work he's doing. And I think he knows that journal comics are sort of what people do when they're not full of good jokes. He's young and has a lot of years ahead of him, and I get the sense that PoD is sort of a dry run for him to practice on until he gets a handle on his art and writing stylezz.
I think it's interesting that some of you like his current drawing style and some of you prefer the sparer style he started out with. I prefer the richer style, but then again, I know what these people look like IRL. I think that makes a difference, somehow.
Wombat, if it helps, his art style will probably be completely different in six months or so. Look at how Jeph Jaques' style
has evolved.
Who else hates the art style? if more than half of you are put off by it, he should probably know that. He might not like it, but he'd want to know.
Edited to add: smets, that is very insightful. I will definitely pass that along as food for thought.