Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood It's National Johnny Cash Raise Hell Awareness Saturday Night. Go out and Fuck Shit Up in a Way That You Believe In!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 59   Go Down

Author Topic: I had a dream....  (Read 132753 times)

0 Members and 34 Guests are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2010, 01:47:23 am »

I've noticed I have something of a hangup when it comes to group pictures.  Somehow I missed getting in a lot of these in my middle school/high school days and its a perpetual source of regret.  Now, if there are pictures to be taken, I'm semi-pathological about being included.  Hopefully I'm the only one who notices.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2010, 01:37:04 pm »

I was moving in to be roommates with Dan Savage, who had retired to run a small bakery at the beach.

Actually I don't know if I was living there or just visiting, I had a lot of suitcases and a big duffle bag but no boxes.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2010, 02:41:08 pm »

I, too, dreamed about being at the beach with roommates. It was a vacation house, and you were there, Wombat, and Cort, and Inev, and I think also A-Cap and August and possibly linnea. There were a bunch of us, it all ran together. Anyway, some members of a rival message board broke in and tried to steal some TOUAMB relics, and we ended up trapping a rival board member in the vacation house and getting her to reveal her evil plan.

Then I got stuck in an airport with Gregory House. He was pissed off because his flight was cancelled.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2010, 05:55:06 pm »

There were a bunch of us, it all ran together. Anyway, some members of a rival message board broke in and tried to steal some TOUAMB relics, and we ended up trapping a rival board member in the vacation house and getting her to reveal her evil plan.
You might want to let Moonie out now.  I'm kind of missing her.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2010, 12:44:43 am »

re: moonie:

I'm kind of missing her.

amen.  i hope shes dealing with her circumstances well.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2010, 02:50:54 am »

1. I was at some big event, and the finale was that the entire cast of Star Trek: Voyager came out. I was surprised to recognize Tina Fey, and then realized she had been an Ensign or something in one episode. She made a joke about chocolate-covered marshmallows, and I realized she was contractually obligated to make Liz Lemon jokes. This made me feel bad for her.

2. I worked at camp again, and we found this huge, awesome lake. It was surrounded by big, rocky mountains, that were not at all like the Appalachians. I jumped in, and my swim trunks fell off... they got tangled around my legs and i couldn't pull them back up. everyone was like, gross! dude! your dick! Then I couldn't swim and started floundering around...
then a screen popped up to tell me to tap c-left to swim.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2010, 06:48:14 pm »

I was back in college and living at home. I got a job as a foreman at a construction site, and I was late to my first day of work because my Mom started a fight with me about what I was wearing. Seems she thought jeans and work boots made me look "dykey."
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2010, 10:10:48 pm »

Seems she thought jeans and work boots made me look "dykey."

dont they?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2010, 12:49:00 am »

Seems she thought jeans and work boots made me look "dykey." "totally hot."
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2010, 03:02:47 am »

Either way, they were totally appropriate for the job I had to do, and it was none of her business anyway.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2010, 03:03:36 am »

Quote from: jay-ell link=topic=5329.msg148568#msg148568 date=12649069/ because it was prono67
Either way, they were totally appropriate for the job I had to do, and it was none of her business anyway.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2010, 03:59:39 am »

I was back in college and living at home. I got a job as a foreman at a construction site, and I was late to my first day of work because my Mom started a fight with me about what I was wearing. Seems she thought jeans and work boots made me look "dykey."
dont they?

Fuck. Maybe that's why I can't get a date.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #87 on: January 31, 2010, 04:14:30 am »

jeans aren't dykey. carhartts are dykey.

but then one of the hottest straight chicks i've ever known wore workboots, carhartt overalls, and a hard hat, all at once. the red hair, giant maracas, and sleeveless tee didn't hurt the effect, but still.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2010, 04:31:13 am »

Fuck. Maybe that's why I can't get a date.

neither can i.  maybe i need to start wearing that crap....
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #89 on: January 31, 2010, 04:47:08 am »

Am I crazy that I... kinda like the kinda-dykey thing, provided the woman actually likes men or, at least, likes men as well?

I like strong women, I dunno.

I like to think it's that I'm egalitarian about gals but it is probably that I do not like having to be strong just because I gots a wang.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 59   Go Up