Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 59   Go Down

Author Topic: I had a dream....  (Read 132361 times)

0 Members and 19 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2010, 06:44:17 am »

my swim trunks fell off... they got tangled around my legs and i couldn't pull them back up.

This actually happened to me, sorta.

I was about 5 and playing show and tell with a little girl in a wading pool in her back yard.  You know, she showed me hers - I showed her mine.  When my mother came outside to collect me I panicked and got my feet tangled in the shorts and couldn't pull them up.  Mom was not amused. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #91 on: January 31, 2010, 03:56:25 pm »

This actually happened to me, sorta.

I was about 5 and playing show and tell with a little girl in a wading pool in her back yard.  You know, she showed me hers - I showed her mine.  When my mother came outside to collect me I panicked and got my feet tangled in the shorts and couldn't pull them up.  Mom was not amused. 

Canned to ease the pain of childhood trauma.

Am I crazy that I... kinda like the kinda-dykey thing, provided the woman actually likes men or, at least, likes men as well?

I like strong women, I dunno.

I like to think it's that I'm egalitarian about gals but it is probably that I do not like having to be strong just because I gots a wang.

I think kinda-dykey women are completely hot, also, but then...that makes sense.

Pedro likes it too, which is convenient for me. I think that it's less about egalitarianism (though that's a nice thought) and more about submission and dominance, and also the reversal of power politics in a hetero sexual relationship.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2010, 04:27:51 pm »

OK, I just realized, what bothers me about this whole line of discussion - there is really anything even worth remarking on when a woman wears jeans and work boots? Not just by you younguns, but even by JL's mom in a dream? I mean, yeah, my mom is of a generation where this wasn't normal, but mustn't JL's mom be, like, my age?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #93 on: January 31, 2010, 04:54:32 pm »

My mom was a bit older than the average mom of the time when she had me -- I have a brother who is ten years older than me, you see. She's 62, which isn't quite of the age where a lot of women would think seeing their daughters in work boots meant they were never going to have grandchildren, but my mom is particularly traditional and highly concerned with the way one presents oneself.

Still, I think if this happened IRL, mom wouldn't really throw a fit about me going to a construction job in work boots. I think in the dream it was more an issue where she objected to my taking the job in the first place, but it came out in the form of arguing about this side issue.

I mean, I wore boys' jeans and doc martens and thermal tees under flannel shirts to class every day when I was in high school and college, and while she wasn't a fan, she never made me late to school so we could argue about it.

Don't judge. It was the style at the time.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #94 on: January 31, 2010, 09:18:49 pm »

Yeah, my mom is only in her early 50s but, since her mother was young when she had her and her parents divorced when she was young, Gramma Mary Ellen had to work full-time and so much of my mom's raising was done by her grandparents, leading to my mom having more of the cultural sense of her own parents' generation than so much her own.

It is interesting how things like that are more fluid than we might believe at knee-jerk.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2010, 12:11:12 am »

I mean, I wore boys' jeans and doc martens and thermal tees under flannel shirts to class every day when I was in high school and college, and while she wasn't a fan, she never made me late to school so we could argue about it.

Don't judge. It was the style at the time.

it must have been awfully cold where you grew up.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2010, 12:25:49 am »

We had an ice age here in Raleigh.

No, actually I doffed the flannel in summertime in favor of wife-beaters layered over sports bras.

High class, I know.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2010, 12:35:57 am »

We had an ice age here in Raleigh.

No, actually I doffed the flannel in summertime in favor of wife-beaters layered over sports bras.

High class, I know.

oh, yeh? [[ponders]]
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #98 on: February 01, 2010, 02:22:53 am »

jayell you're makin me miss asheville here
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #99 on: February 04, 2010, 02:04:02 am »

2. I jumped in, and my swim trunks fell off... they got tangled around my legs and i couldn't pull them back up. everyone was like, gross! dude! your dick!

In every dream I have had where I have been Exposed, I recieved Positive Reactions. I have never had a bad naked dream.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2010, 04:16:45 pm »

Lucid dreaming, FTW!
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2010, 04:45:15 pm »

...that I was in high school, and I was the only girl on the football team. I got pissed off when the coach told me not to come to practice one afternoon because some of my teammates' parents had come to watch practice and he didn't want them to see that there was a girl on the team. I'm not clear on why, exactly, but I was very upset about it.

This is hilarious for two reasons:

1) I am not an athlete an any sense of the word. (I'm not even a Mathlete.) Organized sports are not my thing. I like to watch hockey, that's about it.

2) Football is my most hated sport, because as many times as people have tried to explain it to me (please don't try) I can neither understand the rules nor can I comprehend why it's acceptable for grown men to get paid a lot of money to run around in tight ##### and chase a ball that doesn't even roll.

So it was a pretty hilarious dream, especially when I put on my pads for practice and realized that I was going to have to learn how to play pretty soon or I'd be off the team.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #102 on: February 06, 2010, 05:34:17 pm »

Looks like we've finally found JL's Achilles heel.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #103 on: February 06, 2010, 05:51:27 pm »

nor can I comprehend why it's acceptable for grown men to get paid a lot of money to run around in tight ##### and chase a ball that doesn't even roll.

Haha. Do you like rugby?
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #104 on: February 06, 2010, 06:59:24 pm »

...a ball that doesn't even roll.

I have a can for you on your burthdah.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 59   Go Up