Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 59   Go Down

Author Topic: I had a dream....  (Read 133038 times)

0 Members and 17 Guests are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #255 on: October 28, 2010, 01:46:21 am »

Haven't had a dream in a long time.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #256 on: October 28, 2010, 03:00:33 am »

whenever I read about the Cultural Revolution/Great Leap Forward (these are separate events but have the same effect on my brain) I have weird dreams about them.

this time it was, my favorite professor was covering for me when I didn't finish a presentation on time. like, I showed up without my project, and she lied to the other students and said she had told me it was OK. Then they were all like, why do you like Dan so much, he is a fraud who is a bad student.

The project consisted of making a red velvet cake, which was somehow related to a thing I read about how they tried to breed tomatoes with rice to make red rice.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #257 on: October 29, 2010, 10:56:55 am »

Strange dreams continue. This morning it was fighting with my parents because they challenged me to a  competition to see whose steak was bigger after it was cut up and then cheated by giving me the smaller piece to begin with.

We're definitely in exam season.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #258 on: October 31, 2010, 05:18:20 pm »

So I just read all through all these (since I'm at work, and I don't want to be) and I gotta say, winding things up with Lister's most recent is pretty rough chuckles. I mean, lots of rough chuckles here, but that one . . . that would fuck up a guy's day.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #259 on: November 01, 2010, 09:41:28 pm »

I had a dream where I bought a little wooden cat, about the size of my thumb.  It turned into a real cat while I was driving my car and hid somewhere in the passenger compartment.  When I got to my destination (home, I think) I tried to find it but couldn't.  Disappointment.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #260 on: November 01, 2010, 09:51:25 pm »

 . . . last night that zombies were chasing me. On motorcycles.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #261 on: November 01, 2010, 11:13:37 pm »

During a migraine-induced nap on Saturday, I had one of those nightmares where you realize you're dreaming, but can't shake it. I kept opening my eyes and finding myself in my bed, only to go into the hall or look out the window and discover that it wasn't my house at all. Then something awful would happen (the house would collapse, a Beetlejuice-style sandworm would try to eat me, zombies would attack, I would be shot in the back by an unseen attacker, Pedro would come running in to tell me my son was just hit by a car, etc.).

It was pretty much the definition of awful. I used to have lucid nightmares all the time, it's been a year or so, I guess that's something.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #262 on: November 02, 2010, 01:28:38 am »

. . . last night that zombies were chasing me. On motorcycles.
fuck*ng Metal

During a migraine-induced nap on Saturday, I had one of those nightmares where you realize you're dreaming, but can't shake it. I kept opening my eyes and finding myself in my bed, only to go into the hall or look out the window and discover that it wasn't my house at all. Then something awful would happen (the house would collapse, a Beetlejuice-style sandworm would try to eat me, zombies would attack, I would be shot in the back by an unseen attacker, Pedro would come running in to tell me my son was just hit by a car, etc.).

It was pretty much the definition of awful. I used to have lucid nightmares all the time, it's been a year or so, I guess that's something.
This on the other hand sounds incredibly traumatic.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #263 on: November 02, 2010, 02:57:50 pm »

I dreamed that I was working on a political campaign and I was late for work.  I arrived at the campaign office, and there was a while bunch of media there swarming the candidate, so I went up to the second floor of the office, which had a glass wall overlooking the media swarm.  My fellow campaign worker was a young man who was far more energetic about the campaign than me.  To my surprise he was sporting a raging boner, which was something I was very interested in.  I was a little concerned that the media would turn and see us through the window, but also somewhat excited about "getting caught."  We were about to get down to business, but then... my husband's alarm went off. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #264 on: November 02, 2010, 03:21:16 pm »

Husbands always ruin that shit.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #265 on: November 02, 2010, 06:24:33 pm »

I did have a breif thought about continuing the situation IRL with him, but then I decided to go back to sleep instead.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #266 on: November 02, 2010, 06:35:58 pm »

I can sort of understand that.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #267 on: November 02, 2010, 07:56:42 pm »

I dreamed that there was a final exam in a Japanese class I was taking, and I was just going to skip it because I knew I was going to fail anyway, but somehow I ended up in the classroom anyway, but I woke up before I got a chance to look at the paper and see if my unconcious mind remembered enough Japanese to construct a plausible facsimile of a Japanese exam.

What's mostly notable about this actually is that I can't remember the last time I had one of those anxiety dreams about school. It's been years, I'm sure.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #268 on: November 02, 2010, 11:22:08 pm »

My mind does with calculus equations - and P. chem, I can tell you that right now.  B.S. about the right brain not being able to form symbols.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #269 on: November 06, 2010, 09:05:26 pm »

that my girlfriend entered a Halloween costume contest dressed as her mom. She basically wore her own clothes, and did her hair the way her mom's hair is. She didn't understand why no one understood her costume.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 59   Go Up