Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 59   Go Down

Author Topic: I had a dream....  (Read 132572 times)

0 Members and 26 Guests are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #300 on: December 01, 2010, 06:15:46 pm »

Yeah, it felt like a pretty real dream.  Due to a recent snow clearing I had to decide if I wanted to park either one street over or on our back pad, which is where the multiple break-ins occurred.  I chose the other street.  It's sad that we have two parking spots on our property that are basically unusable due to crime.  The thing is, his vehicle was old school, and clearly had no alarm system, while the Hybrid has an alarm and an immobilizer, so anyone with a brain would know better than to try to break in to the Hybrid.  Still, the strung out druggies around my place aren't in their right minds, so it's a sort of legitamate fear.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #301 on: December 01, 2010, 06:31:21 pm »

Given some of the break-ins, I would say that brains aren't their strong suit.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #302 on: December 01, 2010, 07:04:18 pm »

I dreamt that my laptop got a virus and crashed, and I really hadn't clicked on anything dangerous or anything. I wonder if my unconcious is telling me that I haven't updated the virus software lately.

But then after my laptop died I found a lost dog and was trying to call the phone number on its tags and my cell phone kept breaking into pieces. So maybe there is some broader anxiety at work.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #303 on: December 01, 2010, 07:34:40 pm »

Was it a pug? Maybe you need to get another dog.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #304 on: December 01, 2010, 07:47:12 pm »

It was not, it was just a regular yellow dog.

I think two dogs may be the limit after which you are a crazy dog person whose life is out of control. Although I will admit that I did try to convince the Tech Staff that we should try fostering a pug, just to make sure whether that was true.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #305 on: December 01, 2010, 09:24:38 pm »

I also agree with this ratio.  We have three cats, and on some level it creeps me out that they outnumber us.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 10:45:56 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #306 on: December 02, 2010, 02:49:23 am »

just a regular yellow dog.

This should be one of the titles associated with high post numbers.

Last night I dreamed a bad clown did something I didn't like and I slapped at him...he ducked away and disappeared, leaving behind only his round red nose, hovering in the air for a moment until it *popped* like a soap bubble.

Eerie. I like it.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #307 on: December 02, 2010, 03:46:51 am »

This should be one of the titles associated with high post numbers.

I was about to go and make it one of your titles, but seeing as you are already an emergency backup pug, I don't see how it can be possible for you to be both.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #308 on: December 02, 2010, 06:21:45 am »

I wouldn't want to create a dog-based rift in the forum-time continuum, anyway being Lazarus is kind of nice, it makes me feel like I've finally made it.
On a messageboard on the internet.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #309 on: December 02, 2010, 05:29:50 pm »

Please don't give Doc so many titles that it fucks up the scanning of the board any time he makes a comment. I don't want to stop reading his responses.

I had a dream that one of my best friends advised me to join this "group" of sorts. After meeting with many of the members in an isolated location, I realized that I was being brainwashed into joining a cult. Eventually my wife showed up and saved me, with the inevitable result of my dreams: they all tried to kill me.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #310 on: December 02, 2010, 05:54:51 pm »

I had a dream that one of my best friends advised me to join this "group" of sorts. After meeting with many of the members in an isolated location, I realized that I was being brainwashed into joining a cult. Eventually my wife showed up and saved me, with the inevitable result of my dreams: they all tried to kill me.

Like this?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #311 on: December 03, 2010, 02:23:09 am »

I used to have that CD.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #312 on: December 03, 2010, 04:40:12 am »

I had a really long dream that involved a car chase going through a Whole Foods. This happened because the Whole Foods was built inside a cave/tunnel that used to be part of a roadway.

this dream had dramatic camera angles. Like at one point you think the cars got through without hurting anyone, and then the camera dramatically panned to show a tipped over cart, and blood spreading around it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #313 on: December 03, 2010, 05:22:30 pm »

Someone around here thinks that they are very, very funny.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #314 on: December 05, 2010, 04:23:33 pm »

Due to playing Fallout: New Vegas obsessively, I have been dreaming nightly about hiking across the post-apocalyptic ruins of the Mojave desert, fighting gigantic irradiated scorpions and half-starved, (wo)man-eating coyotes.

Last night, while I was searching for the nearest town, I noticed smoke in the distance and smelled the almost overwhelmingly strong scent of roasting meat being carried on the dry breeze. I realized I hadn't eaten in days and picked up the pace in the direction of the smoke, but it seemed never to get any closer no matter how long I walked. Eventually, I woke up and realized that I could still smell food...it took me a good two or three minutes to remember that I had put a boston butt in the slow cooker before bed last night.

That is gonna be some tasty barbecue, for sures.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 59   Go Up