Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 59   Go Down

Author Topic: I had a dream....  (Read 132426 times)

0 Members and 19 Guests are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #330 on: December 16, 2010, 01:19:34 am »

I had a dream that I was doing my L.A. medical courier job except in Little Falls, NY.

I had to pick up from the local hospital and all the doctors were the younger siblings of people I went to high school with.

Like, not only had my peers left me in the dust, no, their little fuckin' brothers and sisters had.

I felt like shit and a half.

The move to NYC is probably a good thing or anyway will eventually be.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #331 on: December 16, 2010, 01:25:36 am »

series of dreams where my gal's friend seduced her and stole her from me.
1. dream where I deserved it. we had a fight and then I found him comforting her
2. dream where I saw him hug her, and beat the shit out of him.

oops.

I also handled this in the worst way possible. Where the best way possible would have been "it is just a dream, never even vaguely mention it again."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #332 on: December 16, 2010, 01:27:52 am »

The move to NYC is probably a good thing or anyway will eventually be.

I wonder how many people move to New York almost entirely so they never have to run into someone from high school ever again. Wouldn't work for me, of course.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #333 on: December 16, 2010, 01:35:36 am »

Nearly everyone I went to school with lives basically between the suburbs of Syracuse and the suburbs from Albany, yeah.

The only friends I'll have moving into NYC will be friends I made at college.

The only person I know in NYC who went to my high school, I had a HUGE falling out with and while I made my peace with her a few years back, I wouldn't wanna see her socially.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #334 on: December 16, 2010, 02:20:06 am »

"left me in the dust" and "live in suburbs between Syracuse and Albany"... does not compute.

whatever job you may be working at any given time, you have lived in LA and NYC. That is definitely leaving something in the dust. Or at least in your rear-view mirror.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #335 on: December 16, 2010, 02:27:42 am »

"left me in the dust" and "live in suburbs between Syracuse and Albany"... does not compute.

I'd'a said the same thing but it wouldn't have the same effect coming from a native of NYC.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #336 on: December 16, 2010, 02:45:48 am »

Well, like, you know.

In dream logic, being a doctor means you don't gotta worry about money again ever for the rest of your life.

Have I had more weird rad adventures than most people without a lot of money to their name or in their family?

Sure.

I'm practically a Roy-Baty-at-the-end-of-BLADERUNNER-speech of strange jobs and experiences people in a small town wouldn't even try doing, let alone do and discover that they were actually kinda mixed-bags in practice.

But in dream symbology, they were doctors, y'know.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #337 on: December 20, 2010, 07:36:48 pm »

Last night's dream:  I was in Las Vegas for some sort of professional convention.  I got back to the hotel after being out somewhere, and a bunch of people I knew (including high school/college friends who have nothing to do with my profession, so why would they be at the conference, I don't know) were hanging around in the lobby.  Someone there had their new baby with them, a boy, who I took an immediate shine to, and I asked if I could "borrow" him for a while.  I took him up to my room and put him on the bed while I changed my clothes.  Then my wife came in, and I explained to her that this was a high school friend's baby.  Then it occurred to me I couldn't remember which friend I had gotten him from.  I was debating how to remedy this--take him back to the lobby, walk around until someone recognized whose kid it was.  Then I pondered just keeping him.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #338 on: December 21, 2010, 12:31:39 am »

Last night's dream:  I was in Las Vegas for some sort of professional convention.  I got back to the hotel after being out somewhere, and a bunch of people I knew (including high school/college friends who have nothing to do with my profession, so why would they be at the conference, I don't know) were hanging around in the lobby.  Someone there had their new baby with them, a boy, who I took an immediate shine to, and I asked if I could "borrow" him for a while.  I took him up to my room and put him on the bed while I changed my clothes.  Then my wife came in, and I explained to her that this was a high school friend's baby.  Then it occurred to me I couldn't remember which friend I had gotten him from.  I was debating how to remedy this--take him back to the lobby, walk around until someone recognized whose kid it was.  Then I pondered just keeping him.

So, a horrible, wake-up-screaming nightmare, then.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #339 on: December 21, 2010, 02:17:44 pm »

No, it was surprisingly pleasant, considering that I am so not having any more kids IRL.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #340 on: December 24, 2010, 03:02:26 pm »

Last night I dreamed I was back in university, hanging out in the lounge of student housing with some of my university friends.  It was a very nostalgic feeling dream.  Then Inevitable came in and he was very upset saying "someone got into my room and scanned everything in it."  What this meant is that someone had used some sort of scanner to copy everything in his dorm room.  He was particularly upset that one of his friends had tacked a photo of him in lady's attire up on his wall, and now that has been scanned and would be be available to anyone.  A deeper concern for me was that people could now replicate his room to fuck with him and play nasty tricks on him.  My university friends didn't care much about this situation - they were more interested in weed - but Inev was really shaken up by this invasion, and it bothered me too.

I woke up thinking that Inev, for me,  is sort of an archtype of a student to me, symbolic of youth, learning and change.  It made me feel he is more imaginary for me than I had previously realized. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #341 on: December 24, 2010, 04:33:57 pm »

awesome.

also, did I show you guys the picture of me in a dress? I do not remember if I was on here back then.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #342 on: December 24, 2010, 05:07:07 pm »

Yes, you did.  That was a long time ago.  I can't recall the thread though.  I seem to recall telling you to eat something, and have noticed in more recent photos that you look more filled out (in a good way).
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #343 on: December 24, 2010, 09:32:15 pm »

I remember the dress picture, too.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #344 on: December 24, 2010, 11:16:34 pm »

Lots of long nights in Alaska.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 59   Go Up