Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 59   Go Down

Author Topic: I had a dream....  (Read 132528 times)

0 Members and 27 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #345 on: December 24, 2010, 11:33:51 pm »

Lots of long nights in Alaska.

It's all we have, this time of year.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #346 on: December 27, 2010, 06:30:54 am »

That I was beating off and some friends walked into my room and I just carried on. Other than me being really annoyed it was taking so dang long, it seemed pretty normal. I have never once beat off in front of anybody, aside from sexual partners, though. Except for this one time years ago I got really high and went into the bathroom and it was taking for...ev...er, and my friends started knocking on the door asking what I was doing. I assured them that whatever it was I was up to, I was NOT masturbating. Actual dialogue:

Friend: Hey what are you doing in there?

Me: Um [awkward pause] NOT masturbating [continues masturbating]

But there was a door between us and all. Anyway, I don't really remember which friends were there in the dream, except for one, who I believe showed up after one of those weird people/place shifts that take place in dreams, so I'm pretty sure she wasn't there to begin with. This is a friend toward whom I have no sexual feelings, and the conversation turned into one on the importance of self-examination of the breasts and testicles. I blame the dream on the above experience and this.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #347 on: December 27, 2010, 06:59:27 am »

I had forgotten about that video.  That slow burn peace sign at the end just really gets me.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #348 on: December 27, 2010, 01:56:37 pm »

Me: Um [awkward pause] NOT masturbating [continues masturbating]

I am feeling juvenile this morning.  This cracks me up.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #349 on: December 27, 2010, 02:35:19 pm »

I blame the dream on the above experience and this.

She really takes all the fun out of it doesn't she?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #350 on: December 27, 2010, 02:38:50 pm »

You know, that whole Warhol "famous for 15 minutes" . . . . I never really thought it was true, not really. But there you go.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #351 on: December 30, 2010, 04:44:42 pm »

...that justine bateman (oddly enough) had a new sketch comedy show with a bunch of comics from the state and other sketch troupes - michael ian black, thomas lennon, some madtv alumni - and i was at her house with all of them and my neighbor tracy watching the premier.

the last skit was "goodbyes gone wrong" where justine came out to say goodnight and the audience started booing and throwing things and she stood there basking in what she mistook as adulation. nobody seemed to enjoy it but justine, though it sounds funny enough to me right now and i must have enjoyed it in my dream. it reminded me of the old tracy ullman show's goodnights ("go home!") and seeing a lack of smiles on the castmates' faces i decided to take my leave. so i said in some kind of confused stupor to justine "sorry your show sucked, tracy" meaning tracy ullman, forgetting my neighbor tracy was there too, and wow did that get the worst reaction ever. i tried to reason through it with an "in reference to the last skit" line but that didn't work, so i continued out the door with "but i am... (beat) ...a fan" and shit just got even worse. that's about when i woke up.

being back home is just so confusing now
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #352 on: January 02, 2011, 02:58:31 pm »

...that I got on a plane and flew to Oz to see Doc. I didn't tell him I was coming, I just camped out on the steps in front of a building at the University at a time when I knew he'd be coming out of class. (Apparently, my subconscious doesn't recognize the subtleties of a medical education.) He didn't see me when he came out, so I had to call out to him, and my American accent was embarrassing. He turned around, recognized me, and in an impressive display of nonchalance, said, "Oh, hello," like he'd been expecting me. As we walked around campus, it changed into a store that sold tacky trinkets and shoddily constructed home decor items to middle-aged women in flower-print housedresses. One said something about us being a "young couple" and how relationships that start so early never work out, and I didn't want her to hear my accent (or perhaps how, in chatting with Doc, I'd picked up a horrible pidgin Australian mishmash that was even worse than a straight-up American accent), so I didn't bother to correct her.

Now, can I get through the rest of the day without calling anyone "mate?" We shall see.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #353 on: January 03, 2011, 02:05:02 am »

I, of course, have a dream like that basically every night.

The funny thing is you'd probably never pick up an Aussie accent off me, I have an odd voice that other Aussies usually think is Canadian. So we probably could get away with posing as a tourist couple ;-).

Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #354 on: January 03, 2011, 02:22:55 am »

Hilarious. Now I wonder what a Canadian would make of you, Doc. A typical American, of course, would think you were British*.

I seriously do the accent thing in real life -- when I'm talking to someone, no matter who they are, I pick up their mannerisms and accent really, really easily. It's not so noticeable when it's an accent similar to mine (midwestern US), but when it's one that's very different (my mother-in-law from Argentina; my sister-in-law from Georgia), I always worry that the other person will think I'm making fun of them. I don't mean to do it, I just can't turn it off.

I once watched a full season of Torchwood (which is set in Cardiff) in three days. I could hardly even understand myself for the whole next week.

*There was a joke to this effect in one episode of House -- Hugh Laurie, who, of course, is pretending to be American, accuses Jesse Spencer (a native of Melbourne) of having a "hoity-toity British accent," to which Spencer replies incredulously, "I'm Australian!" Laurie then proffers a very convincingly American, "Whatever."
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #355 on: January 03, 2011, 02:59:42 am »

Hugh Laurie, who, of course, is pretending to be American

I haven't seen this show. Is he pretending? I thought he played an American on the show.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #356 on: January 03, 2011, 03:00:28 am »

I haven't seen this show. Is he pretending? I thought he played an American on the show.

He does play an American. He is, in actuality, very, very British.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #357 on: January 03, 2011, 03:08:06 am »

The female Welsh accent is one of my most shameless triggers. If I'm watching british tv I have to be careful because I instantly fall in love with any character that has one.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #358 on: January 03, 2011, 03:10:13 am »

The female Welsh accent is one of my most shameless triggers. If I'm watching british tv I have to be careful because I instantly fall in love with any character that has one.

I think I'll keep this information in my back pocket, just in case I ever do make it to Australia.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #359 on: January 03, 2011, 03:27:37 am »

The funny thing is you'd probably never pick up an Aussie accent off me, I have an odd voice that other Aussies usually think is Canadian. So we probably could get away with posing as a tourist couple ;-).
Mine is hopelessly muddy, since I learned to speak in the American midwest, was educated at an independent school by "cultivated Aussie" speakers, and worked like hell to lose the accent as a 7th grader in CA.  Its embarrassing when I come across an Aussie Stateside because my accent comes out of remission.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 59   Go Up