Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 59   Go Down

Author Topic: I had a dream....  (Read 132525 times)

0 Members and 27 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #360 on: January 03, 2011, 03:44:07 am »

He does play an American. He is, in actuality, very, very British.

Yeah, I knew he was a Brit - I've been watching him since this or so. I think it was just the construction of "pretending to be" that threw me off - I mean, he's pretending to be a doctor, too, right?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #361 on: January 03, 2011, 04:26:06 am »

My girlfriend's Luuuuuunnnng EYE-lend accent does the same thing when she is amoungst Her People.

I tell people she is my translator.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #362 on: January 03, 2011, 03:30:45 pm »

Yeah, I knew he was a Brit - I've been watching him since this or so. I think it was just the construction of "pretending to be" that threw me off - I mean, he's pretending to be a doctor, too, right?

Oh, yes, well. Acting is just pretending for an audience, though, right?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #363 on: January 03, 2011, 04:47:25 pm »

Oh, yes, well. Acting is just pretending for an audience, though, right?

Sure. As I say, it was just the construction that threw me off - I'm just not accustomed to it being described that way, although as I think more about it I guess it makes more sense vis-a-vis the accents (I'm thinking Cary Elwes, mainly because he's so atrocious at accents). I was just thinking that show was all of a sudden really awesome to me - he pretends he's American!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #364 on: January 04, 2011, 08:20:53 pm »

I don't know what Baby Girl dreamed last night, but she woke up sobbing, "My mama! I lost my mama! I lost my house!" This is the second night in a row she's had a nightmare, and I'm pretty sure the first one involved me, too.

I could weep. Anybody have experience with nightmares in children?

I have had terrible, recurrent nightmares my whole life, and Pedro has night terrors (Boy One has had terrors a few times as well), so it's likely that she's inherited that tendency from us. I don't remember my parents doing anything special other than letting me get in bed with them after the really bad ones. But when I was about 6 or 7 I had a nightmare that I woke up from a nightmare and went into my mom's room for comfort, only to discover that she had become a zombie vampire who then tried to bite/eat/kill me, and that was the end of that. I dealt with my nightmares on my own after that.

She might also be having side effects from the melatonin supplement we've started her on (at the geneticist's recommendation), so I think I'm going to try dropping her dose by about 25% to see if that helps. Has anyone else had nightmares from melatonin? I know it can happen but it's not considered a "common" side effect.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #365 on: January 04, 2011, 08:41:09 pm »

I can see that working with Boy One, but Girl Thing is seriously waking up in hysterics and unable to be calmed even after she sees that I and her house are fine and not lost. And she can't yet articulate the scary parts in more than half a dozen words. Remember, she is two, and she has a bit of a communication delay at that. (Not as much as Boy One did, but just enough so you'd notice.)

Holding her and offering comfort does not seem like enough. I want to fix it. I want there to be a magic answer, and I suspect there probably is none.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #366 on: January 04, 2011, 10:34:07 pm »

Personally, I'd rather hear about Jayelle's folks than that (probably you would have, too).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #367 on: January 04, 2011, 10:36:00 pm »

yikes.

I want my kids to have a healthy attitude towards sex, but do not want them to tell me about their sexcapades.

related: last night I had a dream where I saw my parents in a movie, back when they were actors in LA (this never happened.) At some point I realized there was going to be a sex scene, and turned the movie off. They were really bad actors.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #368 on: January 05, 2011, 12:00:01 am »

When I was 19 my mom caught me coming in at 2am or something after canoodling with my girlfriend (who she had not yet met).  "I don't care what the Pope says, you'd better be using some kind of protection - or two!  I'm too young to be a grandma!" (She was 45 at the time).  Fast forward 14 years - after 2 years of childless marriage "Don't wait too long, I don't want to be an old granny to little ones!".  Women and their time schedules.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #369 on: January 05, 2011, 02:05:56 am »

From now on more of my advice is going to prefaced with 'I don't care what the Pope says'.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #370 on: January 05, 2011, 02:58:58 am »

Maybe the sex scene would have saved it.

WHY FIND OUT

From now on more of my advice is going to prefaced with 'I don't care what the Pope says'.

Seriously. If Onstad wrote that it would be a thread title.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #371 on: January 05, 2011, 03:44:26 am »

Natty P agrees

also, in the dream my parents were "young," which meant they looked like they do now but with goofy wigs.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #372 on: January 05, 2011, 07:41:50 am »

My mom is frequently, unintentionally, brilliant/funny. I wish I could remember half the stuff she says. There'd be a memoir someday.  Glad I'm along for the ride.

"Oh, I've got one: What's green, bloody, and bloated and floats in Sydney Harbour? -The next son-of-a-bitch who tells an Irish joke."
-Patricia Wallace (née Murphy)
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #373 on: January 05, 2011, 02:16:00 pm »

This morning I dreamed it was the period where my ex said she was leaving but hadn't actually moved out yet. She was having a party, I was going elsewhere and just before I left I walked in on her changing, she freaked out. Oh, and she had a tiny wang.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #374 on: January 05, 2011, 02:43:37 pm »

My mom is frequently, unintentionally, brilliant/funny. I wish I could remember half the stuff she says. There'd be a memoir someday.  Glad I'm along for the ride.

"Oh, I've got one: What's green, bloody, and bloated and floats in Sydney Harbour? -The next son-of-a-bitch who tells an Irish joke."
-Patricia Wallace (née Murphy)

This was unintentionally funny? Your mom is kind of a bad-ass.

Oh, and she had a tiny wang.

As opposed to the enormous wang she has in reality? Zing!

Couldn't help myself. It's an illness, really.

Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 59   Go Up