Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I get so lonely up here. You never write, you never call.

sigh

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 59   Go Down

Author Topic: I had a dream....  (Read 132314 times)

0 Members and 19 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #390 on: January 24, 2011, 05:05:11 pm »

Martin?  Hot?  Really?

Haven't we talked about this before? I totally have a Steve Martin thing.

Dude is funny, but he's also HELL OF SMART, I love that. And that shock of sexy white hair, holy crap. And he has probably one of the ten best smiles in the history of film. Definitely top fifteen, no question.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #391 on: January 24, 2011, 06:54:25 pm »

Navin R. Johnson? Sounds like a typical bastard.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #392 on: January 24, 2011, 07:14:10 pm »

It's like Lost in Translation meets The Sting.

I'd pick The Spanish Prisoner rather than The Sting, for reasons that should be obvious.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #393 on: January 24, 2011, 07:48:37 pm »

I'd pick The Spanish Prisoner rather than The Sting, for reasons that should be obvious.

Not if you haven't seen The Spanish Prisoner.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #394 on: January 24, 2011, 07:50:06 pm »

August, that needs to be corrected immediately.

I'll watch Lost in Translation if you watch The Spanish Prisoner. Deal?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #395 on: January 24, 2011, 07:51:26 pm »

August, that needs to be corrected immediately.

I'll watch Lost in Translation if you watch The Spanish Prisoner. Deal?

Uh, OK I guess. 
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #396 on: January 24, 2011, 07:58:51 pm »

The Spanish Prisoner is quality watchings.

I'm a little surprised the $-themed film festival I went to a few years back didn't show The Sting. But they did show both Italian Jobs back-to-back and The Million Pound Note so I suppose it all works out.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #397 on: January 24, 2011, 08:33:50 pm »

Did they show the original Thomas Crown Affair? That's a solid film, and it has the master of cool (he once got arrested in my hometown!).

Sadly, they are filming a sequel to the remake.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #398 on: January 24, 2011, 08:45:44 pm »

Did they show the original Thomas Crown Affair? That's a solid film, and it has the master of cool (he once got arrested in my hometown!).

Sadly, they are filming a sequel to the remake.

Maybe, I don't recall. They did have this film where the actual bank break-in was shot in real-time. It takes like 26 minutes and there's no dialog during. Supposedly the movie was banned in France for years because they considered it a how-to on bank robbing.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #399 on: January 24, 2011, 09:44:22 pm »

Maybe, I don't recall. They did have this film where the actual bank break-in was shot in real-time. It takes like 26 minutes and there's no dialog during. Supposedly the movie was banned in France for years because they considered it a how-to on bank robbing.
I conflated the bank robbery with France and fondly remembered Killing Zoe.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #400 on: January 24, 2011, 09:57:32 pm »

I did some googling. I was thinking of Rififi
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #401 on: January 25, 2011, 08:55:19 am »

I think JL's dream sounds kind of like Intolerable Cruelty.

Also I can't picture Steve Martin being suave and dangerous, the closest I can get to is him in LA story kind of self-consciously putting on an act of being sauve and dangerous. Which I'd still like.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #402 on: January 25, 2011, 02:54:00 pm »

He's suave and dangerous in the Jerk, just not at the same time.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #403 on: January 25, 2011, 02:55:01 pm »

Shopgirl

(everything else about that movie sucks)
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #404 on: January 25, 2011, 03:27:06 pm »

Shopgirl

(everything else about that movie sucks)

I liked the book, but didn't see the movie because my friend (who gave me the book) said the movie a really terrible adaptation.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 59   Go Up