Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 59   Go Down

Author Topic: I had a dream....  (Read 132351 times)

0 Members and 19 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #405 on: February 09, 2011, 11:09:14 pm »

it just made me really mad when he kept having voiceovers.




Just woke up from a dream where I found out my dad had been majorly turning the heat up on my bro in terms of college choices (to be an RA, apply for internships, major in something "useful," get stellar grades, etc.) I said, "wait, but he was so laid back about that stuff with me." Then my mom told me that they've never had high expectations for me, since I have no ambition whatsoever, but even still they feel like they really screwed up, because LOOK at me and what I'm doing with my life. The dream ended with me considering exactly how much money my parents had paid for me to go to fancy fantasy camp where I could take classes about what people eat in Guinea-Bisseau.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #406 on: February 10, 2011, 05:14:28 pm »

....that President Obama was assassinated, and the nation was (mostly) thrown into a state of shock and mourning that rivaled that felt after 9/11.

While this was going on, I found a casket in a forgotten closet that contained the body of my late grandmother. I wanted to open it to say goodbye to her one last time, but then I remembered that at her funeral, they'd had a closed casket because she was beaten to death, and I didn't know if I wanted to see how bad she looked.

Very disturbing set of dreams.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #407 on: February 10, 2011, 07:28:15 pm »

I got a new bed two days ago and I've slept 10 hours a night for the past two nights.  If there were dreams I have no recollection of them.  I slept like a rock.  I feel invigorated.  I had no idea a comfortable bed would make so much of a difference.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #408 on: February 22, 2011, 02:27:26 pm »

...that I met a guy with a pair of pugs that only had two legs each. They were conjoined littermates that he rescued and paid insane amounts of money to have separated. Fortunately they each had their own set of all the important organs, and they both survived. He wheeled them around on little carts because neither of them could walk, but they looked on the whole pretty happy and well-cared for.

Then he showed me his newest pet -- a kitten that looked like of one of my daughter's Littlest Pet Shop figures (they are about 2" tall with bobble heads). It also only had two legs. He said he loved his two-legged pugs so much that when the shelter at which he volunteered got word of this kitten with major birth defects that had been rejected by its mother, he rescued it and had been feeding it with a syringe and carrying it in his shirt pocket to keep it warm enough to survive.

As I held the tiny thing in my hand, its tail grew longer and longer and it sat up and started to bounce around like a monkey. Then I realized that it *was* a tiny little monkey, and I started to doubt whether this guy knew what he was doing or if he was telling the truth at all. But how else would he get a pair of two-legged pugs that were exact mirror images of each other?

Then I woke up.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #409 on: February 22, 2011, 02:35:15 pm »

I feel responsible for this. I apologize.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #410 on: February 22, 2011, 02:38:40 pm »

...that I met a guy with a pair of pugs that only had two legs each. They were conjoined littermates that he rescued and paid insane amounts of money to have separated. Fortunately they each had their own set of all the important organs, and they both survived. He wheeled them around on little carts because neither of them could walk, but they looked on the whole pretty happy and well-cared for.

Then he showed me his newest pet -- a kitten that looked like of one of my daughter's Littlest Pet Shop figures (they are about 2" tall with bobble heads). It also only had two legs. He said he loved his two-legged pugs so much that when the shelter at which he volunteered got word of this kitten with major birth defects that had been rejected by its mother, he rescued it and had been feeding it with a syringe and carrying it in his shirt pocket to keep it warm enough to survive.

As I held the tiny thing in my hand, its tail grew longer and longer and it sat up and started to bounce around like a monkey. Then I realized that it *was* a tiny little monkey, and I started to doubt whether this guy knew what he was doing or if he was telling the truth at all. But how else would he get a pair of two-legged pugs that were exact mirror images of each other?

Then I woke up.

This post was much more disturbing before I realized what thread it was in.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #411 on: February 22, 2011, 02:52:40 pm »

This post was much more disturbing before I realized what thread it was in.

This happens to me a lot, and I don't know what it says that oftentimes I think "well, that's pretty odd" and not "how the hell??"
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #412 on: February 22, 2011, 06:10:15 pm »

I was posing as the kicker for a college football team that was in one of those shitty minor bowls. I don't know how I had pulled this off or even why.

Our return guy ran the kick-off back for a touchdown and I missed the extra point and I was really feeling like shit. A dude came up to me, like a back-up offensive lineman, and was like "hey, man, what classes you taking next year?" and, y'know, I didn't know what fuck*ng classes I was taking, I wasn't actually a college student, I was a dude posing as a college kicker for reasons I didn't fully understand.

So I worked up something like "I dunno, man, if I'm this shitty a kicker in pressure situations, maybe I'll just drop out." This evaded my lack of college knowledge admirably.

Eventually, the team started really getting their asses kicked but it wasn't really my fault from the missed kick, it was because all of the team's wide receivers were such as twelve years old and were getting brutally destroyed, either getting the pass broken up in front of them or getting completely smeared after the catch.

A time-out was taken and I kept trying to convince the offensive coordinator to put me in as a pass-eligible tight end because, like, I was bigger than most of the opposing team and I could at least get a few yards after the catch because though I am slow, I could take the hit at least. The coordinator liked the idea very much but couldn't convince the coach. The time-outs, though, were allowed to take as long as the team wanted so the coach sent everyone to the hotel to take a nap.

I wandered off and went to a frequent setting in my dreams, a theme bar meant to recreate Cheers where some of the actors from the show would show up and act out their parts for a while if they needed some extra money. I'm there in my dreams every few months. Ted Danson was working.

The ghost of my grandfather was in the corner, eating a cheeseburger and complaining about what a disappointment I was, even though he couldn't see me because he was a ghost.

Eventually my dad showed up, which dispelled the ghost, he'd been out doing some shopping and popped into Cheers. He had no idea I was in town.

He refused to let me pay off my tab, paid it for me, and we left as I told him the story of my brief career as a football player.

"Ah," he said, "it's better you stopped, you'd get brain damage."
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #413 on: February 22, 2011, 06:22:39 pm »


"Ah," he said, "it's better you stopped, you'd get brain damage."

If this dream is any indication, it might already be too late!

*rimshot*
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #414 on: February 22, 2011, 07:08:16 pm »

Some of us who spent 15 years rapping the old bean in that sport are actively monitoring that reality/nightmare.

Did you read PK's reporting on Ernie Accorsi's bullshit about in the old days people tackled differently? I don't want to be too dickish about it, considering your personal stake in it, but jesus. Nobody sensible is buying that shit. There is some kind of inverse proportion of better protection combining with more vicious hits and all that, but shit does have to be safer. This is not new.

I am truly sorry that this beast, that I have endorsed in my own way, may have a personal impact on you and yours.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #415 on: February 22, 2011, 08:30:24 pm »

Did you read PK's reporting on Ernie Accorsi's bullshit about in the old days people tackled differently? I don't want to be too dickish about it, considering your personal stake in it, but jesus. Nobody sensible is buying that shit. There is some kind of inverse proportion of better protection combining with more vicious hits and all that, but shit does have to be safer. This is not new.

There have been similar statements about hockey.  "Back when no one wore helmets or face guards, you didn't have high-sticking.  Guys just didn't do it.  They knew not to risk hitting anyone in the face."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #416 on: February 22, 2011, 09:38:32 pm »

Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #417 on: February 22, 2011, 09:52:44 pm »

The Galloping Ghost! Nice job! You are too fast for me.

Since hockey was mentioned, my favorite Red Wing:


Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #418 on: February 22, 2011, 10:12:58 pm »

Is that Howe?

Here's my favorite Red Wing. It's a hard choice, tho, because they're my #1 team. (They're the only team I pull for against Carolina, and that's saying something.)

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #419 on: February 22, 2011, 10:22:14 pm »

Ted Lindsay. Howe is awesome, true, but Ted's my boy. They called Pat Verbeek (also former Red Wing) "The Little Ball of Hate", but for my money Ted was the original. He was "Terrible Ted" before Mr. Nugent, so that guy can go to hell. The NHL has several particular penalties specifically because of him. Also, he was 5' 8", which is fuck*ng awesome. First guy to skate with the Cup, which is also awesome.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 59   Go Up