Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

this is a messageboard. people talk about stuffs in messageboards. all is well&all is good.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 59   Go Down

Author Topic: I had a dream....  (Read 132380 times)

0 Members and 20 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #435 on: March 29, 2011, 04:26:36 am »

Thee Oh Sees. I guess actually they are not my favorite band, they are my favorite band who is currently putting out albums. My favorite band is probably Pavement, even though recently I am realizing they recorded tons of stuff I have never heard.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #436 on: March 29, 2011, 05:22:36 pm »

Thee Oh Sees. I guess actually they are not my favorite band, they are my favorite band who is currently putting out albums. My favorite band is probably Pavement, even though recently I am realizing they recorded tons of stuff I have never heard.

But was that the band in the dream?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #437 on: March 29, 2011, 06:17:28 pm »

yes.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #438 on: March 29, 2011, 06:32:05 pm »

yes.

You're doing it wrong. You're supposed to say "it was the band, but somehow the drummer was a brontosaurus. With a cowboy hat. And at the same time, he was Warren Buffet.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #439 on: March 29, 2011, 08:54:42 pm »

A couple nights ago I dreamt that I was Anthony Bourdain, shooting No Reservations somewhere in the Pacific Rim.  I was suddenly having a terrible heart attack, and as I was dying I thought, "Hey, my life has been pretty awesome, so I'm okay to die."  Odd.

Last night I dreamt that my husband and I had rented this awesome Beach house right on the ocean.  We had just put the dog out in the back yard, and then a tsunami hit, and water starting coming in the windows and I could see the dog bobbing around in the water.  The water was rough and it was clear the dog was going to drown, and I screamed at my husband to save him, but he said there was nothing he could do - he was good as dead.  I told him if he wasn't going to save him I would, so I got some rope and went out into the water, but then I found a boat and we took the boat over and saved the dog.  Moments later, people were all spashing around in the water like it was the beach again, even though everything was flooded and the water levels were still crazy high.  I felt this impending sense of doom that more bad things were to come, especially more water, but kids were playing with beach toys and everyone was splashing and having a good time right outside the beach house window, with water right up to the building a couple feet deep.

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #440 on: March 30, 2011, 04:58:12 am »

I dreamt that my wife, my stepdaughter, and, my mom, and I were at a show co-headlined by U2 and Lady Gaga. Clint Mansell opened and played the drums as part of a rockin' band. I griped to my mom that U2 sucked now and the last time they were good live was the Elevation tour. During their first song the jumbotron listed some ills of the world, including a government travel warning stating that eating certain polluted Haitian game birds could cause liver bloat. One should let the liver bloat before taking the recommended megadose of vitamin D. For their second song, Bono held an acoustic guitar while a canned recording of a woman singing Margaritaville in Spanish played. Mid-song, he took a backwards swan dive and landed on his back on a lower platform. A female dancer spun off the stage, hitting her hip on the platform and falling to the floor.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #441 on: March 30, 2011, 05:17:48 am »

Bono held an acoustic guitar while a canned recording of a woman singing Margaritaville in Spanish played. Mid-song, he took a backwards swan dive and landed on his back on a lower platform. A female dancer spun off the stage, hitting her hip on the platform and falling to the floor.

Awesome. Reminds me of this.

NO HAY BANDA.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #442 on: March 30, 2011, 05:28:03 am »

Jorge's dream immediately reminded me of a dream I had once where we all saw Paul accidentally kill himself by swan-diving backwards off of a waterfall.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #443 on: March 30, 2011, 05:46:40 am »

Jorge's dream immediately reminded me of a dream I had once where we all saw Paul accidentally kill himself by swan-diving backwards off of a waterfall.

Did we see it because he posted photos posthumously?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #444 on: March 30, 2011, 07:33:18 am »

no, we were all hanging out together.

of course, we all immediately got on the board to talk about what we had just seen.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #445 on: March 30, 2011, 07:51:03 am »

Awesome. Reminds me of this.

NO HAY BANDA.
Yes. I thought of that this morning--a little earlier in that scene.There was the same slow recognition of a familiar pop song sung in a foreign language.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #446 on: March 31, 2011, 04:32:35 pm »

yikes, a dream where my girlfriend was trying to get me to move in with her and I told her that I don't trust her since she dumped me that one time.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #447 on: March 31, 2011, 05:00:43 pm »

Well.

That's a good reason to doubt.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #448 on: March 31, 2011, 05:08:45 pm »

about two weeks into dating the woman who would become my missus, she broke up with me because her friends thought i was wrong for her. a week later she contacted me and apologized and asked for another shot. that was thirteen years ago.

granted, it was an easy reason to break things off at an early point, and a damned good apology. spend some time thinking about it and figure out how much you actually do trust her. you'll know where to go from there.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #449 on: March 31, 2011, 05:31:57 pm »

In real life, I do not think the issue is not trusting her. I just feel really ambivalent about things these days. I wish we saw each other a lot more, but we have jobs/school with conflicting hours. When we do see each other, it tends to be late at night. We make out, and then sleep. Or, we watch a movie and drink a beer or two, and she falls asleep on my couch. In a month she is leaving for the whole summer. She did not really try to find a summer job in STL at all, because she thinks Chicago is the greatest city in the world, and would never consider living anywhere else for any reason. She is also one of those weird people who really likes being around their family all the time.

mostly, though, that dream was that we were driving around the city looking at awesome buildings. Which is what I wish we did a lot more.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 59   Go Up