Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that nobody but Wombat notices what is in the News Box?

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 59   Go Down

Author Topic: I had a dream....  (Read 132650 times)

0 Members and 36 Guests are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #465 on: May 10, 2011, 05:22:19 pm »

Um . . . 36.

Yeah, but two strings on the twelve-string are broken, so...


How much do you think that thing weighs, anyhow?  50 pounds?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #466 on: May 10, 2011, 05:54:47 pm »

If it was a Gibson Les Paul instead of a Hamer, it'd weigh 150 pounds.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #467 on: May 10, 2011, 06:32:48 pm »

And then this:

And then this other thing:

So, good luck with those.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #468 on: May 10, 2011, 07:24:26 pm »

What the?  But how do you even...  And what about the...

Oh never mind.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #469 on: May 10, 2011, 09:24:01 pm »

There are twelve strings on the instrument in the second picture that you can't even see - they run toward the back.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #470 on: May 11, 2011, 04:28:45 pm »

Last night I dreamed I was at JL's house. Nothing terribly exciting happened except I kept calling The Boy by my friends' kid's name by accident and it really bothered him.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #471 on: May 11, 2011, 05:09:07 pm »

That is really funny, because one of his favorite games right now is to purposely call himself and other people by the wrong names.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #472 on: May 11, 2011, 05:14:50 pm »

Zombies again.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #473 on: May 11, 2011, 06:32:36 pm »

I was a student at a fancy British prep school. Lots of whippings and handling raw steaks and shame.

Then, suddenly: angry sex with a large hispanic woman.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #474 on: May 11, 2011, 08:10:29 pm »

I was a student at a fancy British prep school. Lots of whippings and handling raw steaks and shame.

Then, suddenly: angry sex with a large hispanic woman.

two out of three aint bad.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #475 on: May 11, 2011, 10:33:31 pm »

two out of three aint bad.

A can for Mr. Loaf.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #476 on: May 12, 2011, 12:08:42 am »

I had a dream that I, as an adult, was about to make a major speech (to other important adults) within a junior high like setting, and I couldn't remember my damn locker combination.  I was also worried that Anthony Bourdain was my opening act and that I couldn't follow him.  On my way down the hall (tiled, lined with lockers) several respectable politicos and professional artists were stopping me on the way to the classroom, telling me they were so looking forward to my speech.  Later, in a classroom, sitting in a too small desk with a bunch of other adults, Bourdain was entertaining me and everyone else with his varied stories of world travel, and gushed about how awesome I am and I knew I was gonna be okay with my speech.  Everyone was so relaxed and I knew I was going to rock it.  One of my cats woke me up, which is too bad.  I wonder what I was going to talk about?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #477 on: May 12, 2011, 07:58:38 am »

Um . . . 36.

So you are right.  I thought that one on the bottom was a bass.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #478 on: May 12, 2011, 12:24:38 pm »

The Technical Staff dreamed that Osama bin Laden had been hiding in our air conditioning unit for years and we didn't know it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #479 on: May 12, 2011, 05:37:05 pm »

The Technical Staff dreamed that Osama bin Laden had been hiding in our air conditioning unit for years and we didn't know it.

That's pretty awesome.

s_s, I dream about forgetting my combination often. It's strange what a common trope that is.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 59   Go Up