Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 59   Go Down

Author Topic: I had a dream....  (Read 132796 times)

0 Members and 36 Guests are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #480 on: May 12, 2011, 06:56:51 pm »

A junior high or high school setting is common for many people's dreams it seems.  The dreams I have in such locations are rarely set in my actual schools though.  Just a sort of pastiche of what schools are like.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #481 on: May 12, 2011, 07:47:37 pm »

Oh yeah! I pretty much never dream about an actual school I attended - it's just the weird locker combination thing that is so very strange to me.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #482 on: May 13, 2011, 12:36:08 am »

From The Dream Moods Dream Dictionary
Quote
Locker

To see or use a locker in your dream, signifies aspects of yourself which you have kept hidden inside. Consider what items and belongings are in the locker. In particular, to dream of a school locker, denotes hidden feelings, knowledge, and attitudes that you need to learn and/or acknowledge. To dream of a PE locker, refers to physical abilities that you have yet to recognize. You are experiencing some physical limitations.

To dream that you cannot open a locker or that your forgot the combination, suggests that you are unsure of where you stand in a particular situation. You feel you have lost some aspect of yourself. In other words, you are on shaky ground. If you cannot find your locker, then it symbolizes your insecurities about your role or position in a situation.

To dream that someone else is using your locker, suggests that someone can see right through you and your facade. You feel that this person has access to your hidden Self.

Interesting.  I've also had dreams where I can't remember where my locker is or can't find my locker.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #483 on: May 13, 2011, 12:48:25 am »

Does it say anything about contact lenses? Because the ones where they just keep getting bigger and bigger while you're trying to put them in are freaking weird.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #484 on: May 13, 2011, 02:20:00 pm »

My recurring school dream is where I'm sitting in class, and realizing I have no idea what the teacher/professor is going on about.  Then it slowly dawns on me that I haven't been to this class since the beginning of the semester, and I start panicking realizing how much work I've missed.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #485 on: May 13, 2011, 03:00:07 pm »

My recurring school dream is where I'm sitting in class, and realizing I have no idea what the teacher/professor is going on about.  Then it slowly dawns on me that I haven't been to this class since the beginning of the semester, and I start panicking realizing how much work I've missed.
I used to have this sort of dream also, particularly when I was in school and nearing exam time.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #486 on: May 13, 2011, 05:24:46 pm »

Thanks for that, s_s!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #487 on: June 02, 2011, 02:35:32 am »

Cross-posting, sort of, from "today I'm gonna" - last night I had a dream that involved s_s and a bedroom window.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #488 on: June 02, 2011, 09:13:38 am »

Awesome.  Sadly I am only non-monogamous in my dream land.

I had a dream night before last that I was screaming at my mother (who was January Jones in the dream) that I fuck*ng hated her and wish she would die.  Lots of rage in that dream.  The night before I had that horrible tooth dream where all my teeth were so loose that I could have just pulled them out.  Fuck I hate that dream - whenever I have it it's so real that I always wake up and check my teeth.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #489 on: June 02, 2011, 02:14:09 pm »

I've never (to borrow from another thread) had the loose tooth dream. I hear it's common, but I don't recall ever having had it -- even when I was a kid and my teeth were loose IRL.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #490 on: June 02, 2011, 03:40:58 pm »

I watched that goddam honey badger vid and then went and had a dream where I got bit by a snake and fell asleep for a while.

Later in the same dream sequence: spiders!

WTF, man, my dreams are where I'm supposed to be a cowboy viking!

FTFY.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #491 on: June 02, 2011, 11:18:50 pm »

Ash, I would sincerely enjoy watching a mini-documentary where a lispy man extols your virtues.  "Ash doesn't care.  He's so bad ass he rides a hoss into work," etc.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #492 on: June 03, 2011, 01:33:05 am »

Ash, I would sincerely enjoy watching a mini-documentary where a lispy man extols your virtues.  "Ash doesn't care.  He's so bad ass he rides a hoss into work," etc.

I gotta say, I'd be pretty down with that too.  BTW, Remember this?  Well, over Artcar Weekend they screened a 10 minute preview of the movie.  I appeared in it 3 times.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #493 on: June 03, 2011, 01:34:08 am »

Ash, I would sincerely enjoy watching a mini-documentary where a lispy man extols your virtues.  "Ash doesn't care.  He's so bad ass he rides a hoss into work," etc.

Got my vote. I'd even fund part of it. "He's so badass he carries a snake with him when he goes hiking."
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #494 on: June 03, 2011, 08:27:03 am »

"Ash has never paid for parking"
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 59   Go Up