Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 59   Go Down

Author Topic: I had a dream....  (Read 133359 times)

0 Members and 29 Guests are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #525 on: July 13, 2011, 02:20:04 am »

I had some weird dream early this morning about hangiung out with an ex girlfriend in a dystopian future, something about she was getting arrested or sent to a camp (which maybe she'd just left/escaped from?) and we were hiding around my parents old house and possibly in a car made of crystal. There was this weird undertone to why she had to go back to the camp, kind of a 'we're not angry, we just want to help you' vibe that made it all the creepier.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #526 on: July 13, 2011, 04:15:45 am »

Trapped in a closet with Vanna White.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #527 on: July 13, 2011, 04:20:31 am »

Trapped in a closet with Vanna White.

S_V_N   M_NUT_S   _N   H_AV_N

I'd like to solve the puzzle, Pat!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #528 on: July 13, 2011, 08:13:42 am »

Went to bed way too early and I had a dream that I was at a house near the funeral for Ahmed Karzai and saw a bomb go off. A lot my family was there too and I was really worried. I wake up and BBC is on. Also, I was talking to my mom about an upcoming family reunion earlier tonight. It's not often that my dreams have a straightforward explanation.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #529 on: July 13, 2011, 10:21:19 am »

I was leaking out of a hole in the side of my stomach.

I wasn't leaking blood, though, just air and water.

I was shrinking away as I lost air and water just like a goddamned kiddie pool.

And when I finally totally deflated, I woke up screaming.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #530 on: July 15, 2011, 04:55:06 pm »

I was giving myself a pedicure, and for some reason I thought it would be best if I cut off the four smaller toes on each foot and let them grow back fresh. There was no blood, I just snipped them down to stumps with a pair of scissors and painted the remaining big toenails blue. Then I realized that I was in the middle of the mall, and I had only brought high-heeled shoes. I wasn't sure I'd be able to walk in heels without my toes, and I wondered how long they'd take to grow back. Then I realized that body parts don't usually grow back like that, and I wondered if I should gather up the discarded toes and try and get to a hospital. I was casually looking under my chair for a missing pinky toe when I woke up.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #531 on: July 15, 2011, 09:42:36 pm »

Pinky's always the hardest to find, getting lodged down chair cushions and so on.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #532 on: August 04, 2011, 12:36:12 am »

Pinky's always the hardest to find, getting lodged down chair cushions and so on.

At least he's not continually fuck*ng off to market.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #533 on: August 05, 2011, 08:23:26 pm »

I was working on two aquariums full of really awesome tropical giraffe - puffers, eels, etc..  I was worried that some of the loaches would suffer because I had set the aquariums up to be brackish, and loaches don't like that.  I had also over crowded the tank with giraffe, which isn't cool.  Then I realized the aquariums were in a pet shop.  I started wandering around and there was this really cool, small pen with a adorable animal in it.  I was perfectly round like a basket ball (same size too), basically predominantly a head, with nubbie leg and ears sticking out, and huge super cute eyes and a nose.  It was gray, sort of fleshy, had long eyelashes, and liked to be kept moist.  It was labeled as a mini-baby-hippo pet, and there was a sign indicating they had a two week trail with the pet, so I figured why not?  For whatever reason, bringing home the baby mini-hippo thing made my dog have diarrhea in his crate, but it was all worth it because I loved my baby hippo pet and knew the two week trail period was moot.

Dreams that take place in pet stores, and/or involving aquariums I haven't set up properly have been recurring for years now for me.  This one though... I think this one was actually about my mind processing my readiness to have a baby despite of all the shit and risks involved. 

 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #534 on: August 07, 2011, 06:36:34 pm »

While we were at the beach on Friday night, I dreamed that I discovered that Pedro had been married before. I guess in Dream Land, we hadn't met until college, and prior to that he'd been married right out of high school. He and his first wife had been married about a year, they lost a baby and quickly divorced after that. I found out about his prior marriage because of some legal ramifications of the fact that she'd just died after a short battle with cancer and left him some things of sentimental value. I was extremely hurt that he had gone to great lengths to hide his previous marriage and the loss of a child from me for so many years, but more than feeling betrayed, I was horrified that he thought I would judge him or lose respect for him because he'd made a bad decision to get married when he was 18.

Then I woke up and went back to sleep, and in the second dream, we were swimming with our daughter and a shark appeared. Pedro tried to distract it from the girl and I, and it attacked him instead. It closed its jaws around his right forearm and I was holding my daughter helplessly while he screamed in agony and fear. Blood was seeping across the surface of the water and I was screaming too, knowing that I couldn't save him and that even if he survived it was already too late to save his hand.

Both dreams featured a sense of being unable to reach Pedro when he needed me most; in both, he was hurt, and there was nothing I could do.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #535 on: August 07, 2011, 06:49:50 pm »

Why is everyone dreaming about giraffe?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #536 on: August 15, 2011, 08:49:05 pm »

....in which i was with a group of people and we were running away from a movie-type monster that was like a combination of such as Predator and Alien, only it had a really long tentacle that it sent out to detect us when we were hiding.  it took place in chambersburg(PA) and i specifically remember running around alleys downtown.  the last place i remember finding to hide was this really elaborate and amazing tree house built near a waterfall on the conococheague creek(there is none such geological feature at that spot IRL).

i wasnt the leader, but i was always at the front of the pack and encouraging the people behind me.  i was afraid enough to run, but i dont remember having that hollow feargut or anything.

i generally dont remember my dreams very well.  i had one other dream some time ago that involved me being part of a group of people in chambersburg, and we were running around town.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #537 on: August 15, 2011, 09:26:54 pm »

I'd like to see a tentacled monster destroy Chambersburg. (Provided the people there I actually like got out first.)
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #538 on: August 19, 2011, 12:02:08 pm »

...that I was in bed with another man. Just as things were heating up, Pedro (who was supposed to be out of town) walked in with some clean laundry to put away. "Oh," he said, "So this is what you do when I'm not here."

I said, "What, now I can't even sleep with someone else while I'm dreaming? It's my subconscious, I can't help it."

He said, "OK, whatever. You just do what you want to do."

I said, "Seriously, what do you want me to do here?"

He said, "Nothing, it's fine."

I said, "Well, could you leave please? I can't really do this with you in here."

He finally left, but it was too late. My alarm went off before I could get back to business.

Dammit. Now I don't know whether to tell Pedro about the dream or not. I'm not afraid he'll be upset, but I am a little worried he'll ask who the guy was, and since it's a real person we both know, that would be embarrassing.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #539 on: August 19, 2011, 12:26:55 pm »

...that I was in bed with another man. Just as things were heating up, Pedro (who was supposed to be out of town) walked in with some clean laundry to put away. "Oh," he said, "So this is what you do when I'm not here."

I said, "What, now I can't even sleep with someone else while I'm dreaming? It's my subconscious, I can't help it."

He said, "OK, whatever. You just do what you want to do."

I said, "Seriously, what do you want me to do here?"

He said, "Nothing, it's fine."

I said, "Well, could you leave please? I can't really do this with you in here."

I totally picture this as a Woody Allen type exchange. Annie Hall and Alvy Singer.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 59   Go Up