Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 59   Go Down

Author Topic: I had a dream....  (Read 132466 times)

0 Members and 20 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #540 on: August 19, 2011, 12:32:33 pm »

I totally picture this as a Woody Allen type exchange. Annie Hall and Alvy Singer.

Completely.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #541 on: August 19, 2011, 03:46:23 pm »

Dammit. Now I don't know whether to tell Pedro about the dream or not. I'm not afraid he'll be upset, but I am a little worried he'll ask who the guy was, and since it's a real person we both know, that would be embarrassing.

I like how people who are so different can come together and forge a community on the internet.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #542 on: August 19, 2011, 03:50:31 pm »

I like how people who are so different can come together and forge a community on the internet.

Not 100% sure I follow you. Do you mean to say that this is completely the opposite thing of how you and your spouse would react to the same situation, and it's funny that in spite of that we can still be friends?

'Cause, yeah. I realize how ludicrous this must seem to you. But if you knew who the guy was, it might make more sense.

Maybe?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #543 on: August 19, 2011, 03:54:57 pm »

Yeah, I was being a little flippant - but really, I always think "yeah, me and my internet friends are sooo alike" and really, we are just as different as any other group of folks. And really, it is very cool that we can all get along mostly and enjoy each other so much (partly this sticks out because the people I work with are so different, and I hate most of them).

Mainly it was just that my wife and I love to have dreams like this so we can immediately call the other one up and say "check this shit out - isn't that hot?" It definitely doesn't seem ludicrous, just different.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #544 on: August 19, 2011, 04:01:23 pm »

My anxiety about sharing this particular dream ties into my anxiety about some other issues, which are being discussed elsewhere. I'm pretty sure.

Either that, or I'm secretly hot for [redacted], and I just never knew it 'til now.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #545 on: August 19, 2011, 05:26:42 pm »

Don't think it's proximity infatuation, since our relationship is nothing but platonic IRL and I haven't even seen him in almost a year. But on reflection, I do think he represents something to me that I am both attracted to and anxious about, which is pretty well played out in the dream, so I'ma go with that. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #546 on: August 19, 2011, 06:55:41 pm »

i read somewhere that sex in dreams has more to do with emotional connections in actual reality.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #547 on: August 19, 2011, 07:02:47 pm »

Not anymore you dirty girl.

Thank goodness he doesn't live nearby. I would not be able to look him in the eye right now, or for the next few weeks at least.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #548 on: August 19, 2011, 09:12:08 pm »

Thank goodness he doesn't live nearby. I would not be able to look him in the eye right now, or for the next few weeks at least.

That can be hot.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #549 on: August 19, 2011, 09:13:04 pm »

Thank goodness he doesn't live nearby. I would not be able to look him in the eye right now, or for the next few weeks at least.

Alternatively: wait - you're not talking about me at all!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #550 on: August 19, 2011, 09:32:23 pm »

Alternatively: wait - you're not talking about me at all!

How do you know?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #551 on: August 19, 2011, 10:12:05 pm »

I dreamed I was at a Cajun restaurant with a deli counter and wanted to order a sandwich but couldn't because I wasn't sure how to pronounce "muffaletta."  Which, now that I am awake, does not seem like a word with a lot of possible alternative pronunciations.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #552 on: August 19, 2011, 10:57:06 pm »

our relationship is nothing but platonic IRL and I haven't even seen him in almost a year. 

As much as I want to read this differently, I think it contraindicates me. Unless it's a smokescreen.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #553 on: August 19, 2011, 11:34:17 pm »

I dreamed I was at a Cajun restaurant with a deli counter and wanted to order a sandwich but couldn't because I wasn't sure how to pronounce "muffaletta."  Which, now that I am awake, does not seem like a word with a lot of possible alternative pronunciations.

Two possibilities come to mind, and one of them is pretty funny.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #554 on: August 19, 2011, 11:50:22 pm »

As much as I want to read this differently, I think it contraindicates me. Unless it's a smokescreen.

Oh, yeah. I forgot I'd written that part. Good job, Holmes -- it's not you. Sorry.

I kind of wish it had been, that would be funnier. I mean, how hilarious is it to have a sex dream about someone you haven't actually met?

I may as well confess that a few years back I dreamed that I was making out with Ash's (previous) avatar. Pointy hair and all. That was pretty freaky.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 59   Go Up