Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 59   Go Down

Author Topic: I had a dream....  (Read 132365 times)

0 Members and 19 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #675 on: April 14, 2012, 09:01:44 am »

can't believe I forgot to post my dream that tied-in with JL's.

First: I was riding the Chicago El all around town. I ended up in this big park, and I wandered around for a while. Eventually I found my destination, a weird building. I went inside and the dream all changed. Now I was boarding a starship with various Star Trek characters. We were going to be the first humans to go to Romulus. In the dream I did not remember that the Romulans have twin home worlds. I confided to Picard that this had always been a fantasy of mine, and he yelled at me. "THE SECOND YOU START TO ENJOY IT... THE SECOND YOU START THINKING EVERYTHING IS GREAT. THAT'S WHEN THEY'LL ATTACK. NEVER LET YOUR GUARD DOWN." I was impressed by Patrick Stewart's acting, and thought about how lucky I was to have been cast in this part.

The next night: I hung out with a local urbanist dude and talked about graduate school. He advised me to get an MSW with a focus in economic/social development instead of a master's in urban planning, because there are more jobs (this is how you know it was a dream). Then I cleared the table and accidentally threw their plate full of bagels into the trash. The dream ended with me reflecting on the fact that he and his girlfriend didn't look at all like their twitter avatars. He fulfills some sort of archetype for me, because I think about this guy a lot-- he is like my imaginary devil's advocate when I think about social issues.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #676 on: April 14, 2012, 09:46:23 am »

i was touring a factory where they made thin metal decorations for homes and gardens, like they stamp roosters and bunnies(etc.) out of tin.  i saw that one of the dudes and an older lady with whom i went to college, as well as a dude with whom i went to ES/MS/HS work there(none of them know each other in actual reality).  they had a motor driven chain system about 7 feet off the ground that ran all around the place.  it had hooks hanging from it with the decorations hanging from them and as they passed through a paint booth, they would come out black on the other side.  after a while they would pass a table where people were sitting.  it was a lot like when i had to work on the paint line at the stove factory.  anyway, i saw a decorative shoe and i took it off its hook, just to look at.  it was made to look sort of like a regular shoe.  there was a long oval and an "upper" and "lower" part, all stitched together with copper wire.  it looked kinda crappy; it wasnt even painted, the stitching was hella sloppy and stopped in random places.  i took it to the lady supervisor to show her and she took it to wherever it was supposed to go to get fixed.  i thought to myself, "i could totally work here.  i pretty much know how to do the job."  all of a sudden some woman my age started getting attitude-y with me, saying stuff like, "you dont even work here," and, "thats my job."  i was pretty passive about it, you know, i apologized and all that, then she started in on another tirade.  i walked away and noticed that all the other employees were standing around listening to a different supervisor give some lame safety talk, or whatever.  i glanced to my left and saw the older lady i went to college with talking to(flirting with?) a young dude next her. she was all sly and asked, "so, when are you taking me out to dinner?"  it ended there because i woke up.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #677 on: April 20, 2012, 03:27:54 pm »

living in a shitty apartment in a weird part of town, where my neighbors tell me that it's really rude to have friends over. I negotiate that I will stop having friends over if they will stop "all the violence." Then my girlfriend tells me she is pregnant, and she is really gleeful about it. I lock myself in the bathroom and take a shower and think about how insane that is. The rest of the dream was trying to fix the broken shower.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #678 on: April 20, 2012, 06:08:16 pm »

On that note, should we have actually had a separate "I had a nightmare . . . " thread?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #679 on: April 20, 2012, 07:13:07 pm »

I have read that a common thing that happens in dreams is being unable to turn off faucets, read clocks, and turn lights on/off. I wonder why that is? In this one I turned the faucets so far that they broke off.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #680 on: April 25, 2012, 08:16:07 pm »

I'm frequently frustrated by my inability to punch someone in a dream.  One time it made me so mad that I forced, and forced, and forced it until I was able to do it.  Then I woke up to my dazed wife that I had just clocked under the chin.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #681 on: April 25, 2012, 08:28:08 pm »

Vicious.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #682 on: April 25, 2012, 08:51:37 pm »

I've never dreamed about faucets not working, but I often dream about not being able to turn off stuff like TVs and radios, or not being able to dial a number on a phone.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #683 on: April 25, 2012, 11:30:58 pm »

Rhea Perlman came up recently in this thread; I last saw her in a Law & Order episode a while ago.  I remembered that she is married to Danny De Vito; extraordinarily for a Hollywood couple their marriage has endured for 30 years (and they've been shacked up since 1969 according to Cigar Aficionado).  In poking around the interwebs I came across this picture of them with their two daughters


Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #684 on: April 26, 2012, 12:13:31 am »

Dang, those daughters have some great hair.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #685 on: April 29, 2012, 12:24:48 am »

I'm certain that there has been reference to their daughters here before.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #686 on: April 30, 2012, 08:47:59 pm »

I had the dream of a 14 year old girl recently.  I think it was accidentally delivered to my subconscious, but meant for some girl one street over.

I dreamed I was Bella from Twilight, have fun running with Jacob and the other wolves, then they all morphed in to puppies and it was cuddle time!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #687 on: April 30, 2012, 10:02:52 pm »

I had the dream of a 14 year old girl recently.  I think it was accidentally delivered to my subconscious, but meant for some girl one street over.

I dreamed I was Bella from Twilight, have fun running with Jacob and the other wolves, then they all morphed in to puppies and it was cuddle time!

High fives all around. Way to find your inner tween.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #688 on: May 01, 2012, 06:46:01 am »

I dreamed I was Bella from Twilight, have fun running with Jacob and the other wolves, then they all morphed in to puppies and it was cuddle time!

I wanna have that dream.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #689 on: May 01, 2012, 03:00:31 pm »

I was especially excited in the dream because one of the puppies was a long haired daschund puppy. 

This morning I fell back asleep after the clock radio went off, and I dreamed that my coworker was telling me the traffic report!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 59   Go Up