Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 59   Go Down

Author Topic: I had a dream....  (Read 132820 times)

0 Members and 35 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #735 on: June 05, 2013, 04:52:51 pm »

I dreamed that I was having post-coital pillow talk about temporal anomalies with a naked Neil Gaiman. I am such a nerd that my subconscious skipped the actual naughty bits and went straight for the sci-fi pillow talk. And, even dorkier, I woke up thinking, "That is the hottest dream I have had in quite some time."

Save yourselves, folks; there's no hope for me any more.

Edit: apparently I know their work better than their faces -- it was Neil Gaiman, not William Gibson. But I didn't realize it 'til a post by Gaiman popped up in my Facebook feed.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 12:07:34 am by jay-ell »
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #736 on: June 05, 2013, 05:14:26 pm »

My last dream was actually really sweet. I was going to the same place sitting in the same seat for lunch every day and the same girl was always at the same place in the same seat at the same time. Eventually we made conversation until she came running over and yelled
"DO YOU LOVE MELISSA ETHERIDGE?"
"What? The 'come to my window' lady? No. I don't love Melissa etheridge."
"DO YOU WANT TO MARRY MELISSA ETHERIDGE?"
"No. Never crossed my mind."
And then we smooched.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #737 on: June 05, 2013, 06:44:12 pm »

Melissa Ethridge Sucks. I mean figuratively speaking she sucks. She brags about having never had sex with a man ever. That's a joke y'all. I don't care about her sexuality except for the fact she makes such a big deal out of it. But really her music is terrible.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #738 on: June 06, 2013, 02:37:53 pm »

I believe they'd call her a "gold star lesbian."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #739 on: June 08, 2013, 03:19:46 am »

I had a dream I got back with my Ex. No, not the one you're thinking of. And not cupcake girl. The girl I dated in high school. It was weird. I imagined she would be impressed at how much better I have gotten at making out.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #740 on: June 10, 2013, 04:44:50 pm »

Bruce Willis and I were chasing/running from an eastern european woman. I can't follow the plot because the chases were broken up by Bruce and I going apartment shopping and playing football. The apartment building was still under construction and each floor was stylized by a year. Like there was a 2012 floor, a 2013 floor, etc. We were in a chase where Bruce was in one car and I was in another with a nerdy young english woman who kept shooting a gun at the floorboards. We had to fake our own deaths so we crashed the cars into trees and walked away to play football with some kids who were getting off a school bus.
It made sense at the time.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #741 on: June 10, 2013, 07:11:15 pm »

Were you on Roombas at the time?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #742 on: June 10, 2013, 08:59:33 pm »

Reading for a couple hours about future satire social media idiots in Super Sad True Love Story gave me weird dreams two nights in a row. That book is good but the dreams were unsettling.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #743 on: June 10, 2013, 10:35:16 pm »

All I ever have are these anxiety dreams where I'm in a strange place where the bathrooms are weird and I can't manage to get showered and dressed. My life is even boring in my dreams.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #744 on: June 10, 2013, 11:45:34 pm »

All I ever have are these anxiety dreams where I'm in a strange place where the bathrooms are weird and I can't manage to get showered and dressed. My life is even boring in my dreams.

I also have dreams where the bathrooms are weird but it's that I can't pee. Either the bathroom is really weirdly set up or it's oddly public with doors that don't close.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #745 on: June 11, 2013, 12:43:43 am »

Thank you, it's very comforting that someone else has weird bathroom dreams.

I used to have dreams where part of the problem was that the shower was too public, but now it's mostly that the plumbing is totally bizarre or there's some other complication.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #746 on: June 11, 2013, 12:57:35 am »

I've said before (in this thread probably) that I don't remember my dreams- I've literally had like 2 dreams my whole life I remember- with that said it seems like that too public bathroom thing kinda does mean something about the way you feel about yourself.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #747 on: June 11, 2013, 01:37:13 am »

Thank you, it's very comforting that someone else has weird bathroom dreams.

I used to have dreams where part of the problem was that the shower was too public, but now it's mostly that the plumbing is totally bizarre or there's some other complication.

I have weird bathroom dreams, too. I think it my subconscious's safeguard against letting me pee the bed. The one and only time I remember being able to actually use a toilet in a dream was when I was about 9 or 10 (still a kid, but old enough to be mortified) and I woke up to a warm wet puddle. Ever since then, if I go into a bathroom and it's weirdly unusable, I often realize I'm dreaming and wake myself up.

Except that one of the bathrooms at work since we moved to our new location is undergoing renovations, so the first time I walked in and saw a toilet on its side I thought there was a good chance that I was dreaming. It was...unnerving.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #748 on: June 11, 2013, 01:45:01 am »

And...jl's reason makes a lot of sense.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #749 on: June 11, 2013, 02:12:36 am »

I had a strange dream this morning. I don't remember most of it, but I remember Weird Al was in it and a lot of people I know. I felt like I was semi conscious (maybe I was) and was drifting in and out of the dream.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 59   Go Up