Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Have some dignity.

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 59   Go Down

Author Topic: I had a dream....  (Read 132885 times)

0 Members and 29 Guests are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #750 on: June 11, 2013, 02:34:09 am »

I have weird bathroom dreams, too. I think it my subconscious's safeguard against letting me pee the bed. The one and only time I remember being able to actually use a toilet in a dream was when I was about 9 or 10 (still a kid, but old enough to be mortified) and I woke up to a warm wet puddle. Ever since then, if I go into a bathroom and it's weirdly unusable, I often realize I'm dreaming and wake myself up.

Except that one of the bathrooms at work since we moved to our new location is undergoing renovations, so the first time I walked in and saw a toilet on its side I thought there was a good chance that I was dreaming. It was...unnerving.

The first time I was drunk I walked into the bar's bathroom and every surface was mirrored. Even the urinals were like stainless steel or something. Most of it had a brushed effect so it didn't reflect well but still. I briefly wondered if I had actually fallen asleep in my chair. But yeah, weird bathroom dreams = waking up really needing to pee.

I used to have a lot of dreams about elevators rocking out the tops of buildings. But for about 3 months I started really focusing on elevators in real life. Reading words, looking away, then looking at the words again to see if they'd changed. That sort of thing. So if I was in a dream elevator I'd be able to tell. Since then I haven't had one of the elevator dreams once.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #751 on: June 11, 2013, 02:44:46 am »

I have a lot of dreams about various bodily functions where they start, and once they start I can't stop. Puking, peeing, whatever. Gross.

I think I had a weird bathroom dream recently, but I can't quite place what happened. There was something about trying to kiss my friend, and then suddenly we were in the bathroom, and everyone was outraged that I was in the bathroom when she was trying to shower. There might have been something wrong with the door so I couldn't get out?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #752 on: June 11, 2013, 12:40:02 pm »

Well now if everyone else's bathroom dreams are about peeing and only mine are about not being able to take a shower, I feel weird again.

Mine are clearly anxiety dreams - they're like dreams about being late for something. Now that I think of it, actually they used to have that component, where I was explicitly thinking about not being showered and dressed yet was making me late for something. Now I guess my life expectations are so low that just getting showered is the goal I can't achieve.

Cort, that is a brilliant thing how you cured yourself of elevator nightmares. I wonder if I could figure out a similar way to cure myself of scary air traffic nightmares.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #753 on: June 11, 2013, 05:14:18 pm »

My particular twist on this theme are that the bathroom stalls are sort of maze-like (or perhaps cublicle-farm-like?) and whenever I open the door to have a look the bowl is overflowing with shit.  Usually I just have to pee, but there is no way I'm getting near something like that.  So I walk down to the next door, have a look in, and see the same thing.

I have a lot of dreams about various bodily functions where they start, and once they start I can't stop. Puking, peeing, whatever. Gross.
We've seen this before
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #754 on: June 11, 2013, 06:56:16 pm »

Cort, that is a brilliant thing how you cured yourself of elevator nightmares. I wonder if I could figure out a similar way to cure myself of scary air traffic nightmares.

What I did was actually something I read as a method for learning lucid dreaming. If you frequently dream about a thing or location get in the habit of really studying that thing even if you're certain you're awake. Then studying it will become second nature and will happen in dreams, too. But in the dream there will be inconsistencies which you'll notice and can start dreaming lucidly. Supposedly. My brain just said, "oh, you want to lucid dream in elevators now? Guess what? No more elevators in dreams ever again. Suck it, conscious mind."
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #755 on: June 11, 2013, 06:58:40 pm »

Hmm, I don't think I want to risk having lucid dreams about frightening aircraft. It's not something that is easy to run away from even if I can choose to.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #756 on: June 14, 2013, 05:47:59 pm »

I had a dream that my landlord called me, in tears, to tell me that he had just found out he only had a few months to live, and we had to move out. I was sad for him but also freaked out about where to live. A man walking down my street saw that I was carrying a bunch of stuff, upset, and on the phone, and changed his path to intercept me. I screamed "LEAVE ME ALONE! LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE! NO!" and he looked kind of sad as he punched me in the face and I woke up.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #757 on: June 17, 2013, 11:37:31 pm »

I vaguely recall using my Nook to look up words. Most boring dream ever.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #758 on: June 22, 2013, 04:27:33 pm »

I had a rather extended dream about eating those rolls they have at Starbucks with the cinnamon sugar all over them.

This actually isn't that unusual, I have dreamed about baked goods all my life. But until a few years ago it was always about being in a bakery with a million choices. It was only recently that I ever got to actually eat anything in these dreams. I don't think this has any deep significance but it sure sounds like one of those things that does.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #759 on: June 22, 2013, 05:04:27 pm »

Tom Hanks and I were fighting crime. We met at the diner we were smoking inside (as every NJ guy did). We fought crime by coming to reasonable agreement between Tom, Me, and the Criminals. I woke up with a raging erection but that was probably because I had to pee.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #760 on: June 22, 2013, 07:47:14 pm »

After I made the previous post, I remembered something-- the guy who beat me up was the guy from Death Grips, who we had seen the night before.


Last night I had a dream a bunch of my friends went to Paris. the girl whose house I stayed at in Nashville had a house there, but I was too embarrassed to ask if I could stay, so I stayed in some creepy basement. Then we had sex, and she stopped in the middle to let me know that she didn't want to date me, and this was just meaningless fun.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #761 on: June 22, 2013, 08:55:43 pm »

Then we had sex, and she stopped in the middle to let me know that she didn't want to date me, and this was just meaningless fun.

Sounds like a win to me.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #762 on: June 22, 2013, 09:27:06 pm »

After I made the previous post, I remembered something-- the guy who beat me up was the guy from Death Grips, who we had seen the night before.


Last night I had a dream a bunch of my friends went to Paris. the girl whose house I stayed at in Nashville had a house there, but I was too embarrassed to ask if I could stay, so I stayed in some creepy basement. Then we had sex, and she stopped in the middle to let me know that she didn't want to date me, and this was just meaningless fun.

Without reference  I blinked and saw a uterus.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #763 on: June 29, 2013, 03:24:48 pm »

I think I did that thing, or did I just dream I did that thing, or is there a difference and how do you tell? I was having a nightmade involving bad guys, basically, and we ended up on a plane and given the plot of the dream so far I knew this couldn't end well. There's this thing I realized that helps me be less afraid of flying, which is that if you're in a plane with just the usual amount of bumpiness in the ride and you close your eyes, you can imagine you're on Amtrak.  (In fact usually the ride is smoother than on Amtrak).  So I did that, and when I opened my eyes I was on a train.

It felt like I was changing the dream on purpose but how do I know I wasn't dreaming that I changed the dream on purpose?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #764 on: June 30, 2013, 08:32:13 pm »

Inception!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 59   Go Up