Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 59   Go Down

Author Topic: I had a dream....  (Read 132573 times)

0 Members and 26 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #780 on: August 26, 2013, 06:14:48 pm »

You've invented a new drink.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #781 on: August 26, 2013, 08:21:54 pm »

Yeah, there are actually people who say "I want a 180 mocha" or "I want a 180 latte," meaning they want the milk to be steamed to a temperature where it starts breaking down/(carmelizing?).
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #782 on: August 26, 2013, 11:04:33 pm »

Do you want to punch people when they ask that? Because I feel high-maintenance when I ask for something as presumably simple as half-decaf.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #783 on: August 26, 2013, 11:26:20 pm »

Don't mind me, I'll just be over in the corner here sucking on a coffee soaked sponge the barista used to wipe a spill.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #784 on: August 27, 2013, 12:53:08 am »

I've never liked coffee.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #785 on: August 27, 2013, 02:18:04 am »

Quote
Do you want to punch people when they ask that? Because I feel high-maintenance when I ask for something as presumably simple as half-decaf.

With stuff like this it's all about the attitude. It is a tiny pain, but like, that is what I get paid to do. Make drinks for people. It is most frustrating when people can't explain what they want, or express their order with a bad attitude. Amazing how many people don't know what any of the drinks are, but don't want me to explain, and also want a really specific thing they don't know the name of. Is it chocolatey? Just coffee and milk? Do you think it had espresso? Was it cold or hot? You don't know the answers to these questions?

Part of the issue is that I really really go on autopilot when I'm making drinks. It's like how you can drive to work and not remember driving there. I end up with a drink and suddenly think "oh shit, did i remember to use skim milk?" When I first started I would say to people-- "this is really silly, and I'm going to write it on the cup... but if i look at you with a blank face in 30 seconds, just say 'skim milk.'"

But really, I can't say this for all of my coworkers, but I want you to be happy with your drink and not angry or frustrated. I want to give you a drink that you will enjoy.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #786 on: August 27, 2013, 02:48:23 am »

I've never liked coffee.

Agreed. I've never actually tried it because I can't get past the horrific smell. And other coffee items I've tried accidentally like ice cream have been universally terrible.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #787 on: August 27, 2013, 03:55:06 am »

(Coffee is the best thing. Some days it is the only reason being awake is worth the effort.)
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #788 on: August 27, 2013, 04:41:31 am »

Agreed. I've never actually tried it because I can't get past the horrific smell. And other coffee items I've tried accidentally like ice cream have been universally terrible.

See, that's the thing, for me coffee smells incredible and coffee ice cream is totally delicious. Coffee itself on the other hand is just really bitter and nasty.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #789 on: August 27, 2013, 04:59:14 am »

I didn't start liking coffee until I had this job. I still don't love it unless it is mixed with stuff. It also makes my stomach upset, so, less than a cup a day seems to be the way to go.

Hey, maybe starting a new sleep/work schedule at the same time as I doubled my prescription of stimulants was a Very Bad Idea. I have always been a guy who needs a lot of sleep to feel OK, but now I am also a guy who is having trouble falling asleep. Boo to this.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #790 on: August 27, 2013, 12:21:33 pm »

See, that's the thing, for me coffee smells incredible and coffee ice cream is totally delicious. Coffee itself on the other hand is just really bitter and nasty.

Coffee ice cream and Thai iced coffee were how I was gradually convinced to try regular coffee. Coffee is good with diary and sugar. I still have no idea how people drink black coffee. I am still mainly a tea drinker but fancy coffee is a nice treat and also, if you are not at home, the odds of a decent cup of tea are basically zero but these days the odds of decent coffee are very high.

Coffee is also good with chocolate but I don't understand why people put other flavors in it. Are those flavored syrups in coffee still a thing? I don't see how they could possibly be good combinations.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #791 on: August 27, 2013, 12:43:46 pm »

Coffee ice cream and Thai iced coffee were how I was gradually convinced to try regular coffee. Coffee is good with diary and sugar. I still have no idea how people drink black coffee. I am still mainly a tea drinker but fancy coffee is a nice treat and also, if you are not at home, the odds of a decent cup of tea are basically zero but these days the odds of decent coffee are very high.

Coffee is also good with chocolate but I don't understand why people put other flavors in it. Are those flavored syrups in coffee still a thing? I don't see how they could possibly be good combinations.

I can't stand tea, either. Even the like peach-raspberry stuff at Teavana still tastes like tea.

The Lady actually has an assortment of syrups (with pumps) next to her Keurig (sp?). Gingerbread, caramel, almond, elderflower, and hibuscus. Though I don't think she puts the latter two in coffee.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #792 on: August 27, 2013, 12:48:51 pm »

I like coffee, but I can't drink it anymore because it's hard on my stomach.  I drink hella tea though.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #793 on: August 27, 2013, 01:33:00 pm »

Coffee with chocolate is good, but coffee with chocolate and mint is better.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #794 on: August 27, 2013, 01:43:39 pm »

I reckon I've consumed coffee damn well near every single day for the past ten years at least. The only time I can remember not having coffee in the morning is when I was really sick and hardly got out of bed for a couple days.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 59   Go Up